Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Problem after first reset

01 Dec 2009   #1
shadowhawk2020

None
 
 
Problem after first reset

I am trying to load Windows 7 64 bit, and I am getting an annoying problem. I go trough the first part of the install, choose a drive to install on ( the only drive I have) I select it. I goes through the copying files, expanding files etc, then it says the system needs to reboot. Once it reboots, it asks to press any key to boot from disk, I don't touch it so it should go straight back into install, but now it freezes.

I have checked my Bios to make sure the proper SATA settings are set, I have changed cables, and Windows sees my hard drive to format. I have no idea what to try next.

My system:

Q6600
Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3L
Seagate 500gb SATA drive.

I would be very grateful if someone has an idea what is going on.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
01 Dec 2009   #2
gregrocker

 

I see your display is a projector. There may be BIOS or other settings needed to be sure Win7 starts up to that projector. We have constant issues with new installs trying to start up to TV card outputs that aren't plugged to monitor, or maybe plugged to TV. See how yours is plugged.

I see your rig has no OS, so perhaps you need to load some drivers for your hardware in up front, on the Custom screen link where you select the drives. The projector driver would be a good one to start.

Ordinarily, the installer finds the needed drivers in its huge catalogue but sometimes needs to pluck some from the existing windows/system32/drivers or driverstore. Since you don't have that resource, I'd put your video card, monitor, SATA to start, maybe mobo next.

Others may have better advice, or more specific ways to see whether your needed drivers are in the 7600 installer.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Dec 2009   #3
shadowhawk2020

None
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
I see your display is a projector. There may be BIOS or other settings needed to be sure Win7 starts up to that projector. We have constant issues with new installs trying to start up to TV card outputs that aren't plugged to monitor, or maybe plugged to TV. See how yours is plugged.

I see your rig has no OS, so perhaps you need to load some drivers for your hardware in up front, on the Custom screen link where you select the drives. The projector driver would be a good one to start.

Ordinarily, the installer finds the needed drivers in its huge catalogue but needs to pluck some from the existing windows/system32/drivers or driverstore. Since you don't have that resource, I'd put your video card, monitor, SATA to start, maybe mobo.

Others may have better advice, or more specific ways to see whether your needed drivers are in the 7600 installer.

So load the MB driver, the graphics card driver on a usb stick? I haven't been able to find SATA drivers for the mobo. I have also switched to a monitor for the basic install. I do not want use the bulb for install...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

01 Dec 2009   #5
shadowhawk2020

None
 
 

Its actually the ds3l not the ds3... I read that thread with great intrest before coming on here, but he never listed what fixed the issue
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Dec 2009   #6
gregrocker

 

I also have a hard time believing SATA drivers for that mobo would not be in installer. Must be something else, esp if it isn't prompting for them.

I suggest trying to install from flash stick, which is working for some who can't get DVD install to complete.

Format a large enough stick primary, copy the DVD folders into the drive root exactly as they are in DVD, reboot machine, select Boot Menu F-button given on first screen, flash will be listed as a hard drive.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Dec 2009   #7
shadowhawk2020

None
 
 

It must have had something to do with the partition or MBR on the drive itself. I used a different drive, and got it working flawlessly
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Dec 2009   #8
jezzicaz789

rfger
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by shadowhawk2020 View Post
I am trying to load Windows 7 64 bit, and I am getting an annoying problem. I go trough the first part of the install, choose a drive to install on ( the only drive I have) I select it. I goes through the copying files, expanding files etc, then it says the system needs to reboot. Once it reboots, it asks to press any key to boot from disk, I don't touch it so it should go straight back into install, but now it freezes.

I have checked my Bios to make sure the proper SATA settings are set, I have changed cables, and Windows sees my hard drive to format. I have no idea what to try next.

My system:

Q6600
Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3L
Seagate 500gb SATA drive.

I would be very grateful if someone has an idea what is going on.
Thanks you for the post.
__________________
Movies Online Free
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Dec 2009   #9
gregrocker

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by shadowhawk2020 View Post
It must have had something to do with the partition or MBR on the drive itself. I used a different drive, and got it working flawlessly
Was just coming back to suggest you run Seatools Diagnostics on that drive and then zero it out. May still be helpful before you use it again.

Glad another drive worked for you. Be sure to make a Windows7 backup image save externally or to another internal drive so you never have to reinstall again.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Problem after first reset




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Is there a solution to my specific problem, or should do a fact. reset
I have a Windows 7, 64-bit Dell computer. One day, while going through some un-wanted programs and un-installing them, my theme suddenly changed from aero to basic theme. From there on, everything went horribly wrong; my audio and video ceased to work(they work in safe mode), Microsoft Security...
Sound & Audio
Is there a solution to my specific problem, or should do a fact. reset
I have a Windows 7, 64-bit Dell computer. One day, while going through some un-wanted programs and un-installing them, my theme suddenly changed from aero to basic theme. From there on, everything went horribly wrong; my audio and video ceased to work(they work in safe mode), Microsoft Security...
General Discussion
Tons of files missing, desktop reset, browsers and toolbars reset...
Hello everyone, I'm kind of freaking out right now. I turned my computer off about 12 hours ago, and now that I turned it on again it took much longer than usual for it to prepare the desktop. When I got in, there are about 50 % of my desktop icons missing, the programs I had attached to the...
General Discussion
Random Reset Problem
Thanks in advance for any help! https://www.sevenforums.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif My computer does a random reset. Sometimes during use, often during idle time. I leave the computer on 24/7 for SETI. I recently changed the video card due to some unrelated issues and have replaced the hard...
BSOD Help and Support
Problem creating Password Reset Disk
Using the Forgotten Password Wizard, I'm trying to create a Password Reset Disk in Windows 7 with a CD-R. The first step says it's the way to create it. I follow the steps exactly, but when I get to the final step after typing in my password and hitting NEXT, I get the following "Disk Error"...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:58.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App