Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Install issue - File not found

10 Dec 2009   #11
myzr7

Windows 7 Ulti. x64
 
 

The specs in your profile say 3 gb and thought that they was like 1gb sticks. Did not know that ram came in a 3gb stick. Learn something new every day. Good luck to you


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
10 Dec 2009   #12
Cohen

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit Signature Edition
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by myzr7 View Post
The specs in your profile say 3 gb and thought that they was like 1gb sticks. Did not know that ram came in a 3gb stick. Learn something new every day. Good luck to you
My profile specs are my laptop..... i am trying to install this on my sister's PC which is totally different.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Dec 2009   #13
gregrocker

 

Use the Win7 DVD to give it one more quick format before installing.

Suggest you plug ethernet and select "Connect to Internet during Install" so you get latest drivers/Updates during install. Afterwards more drivers will come via WIndows Updates.

If it doesn't load with formatted metal then try another DVD drive, or another installer (Vista, XP) to see if that will proceed with install.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

10 Dec 2009   #14
Cohen

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit Signature Edition
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
Use the Win7 DVD to give it one more quick format before installing.

Suggest you plug ethernet and select "Connect to Internet during Install" so you get latest drivers/Updates during install. Afterwards more drivers will come via WIndows Updates.

If it doesn't load with formatted metal then try another DVD drive, or another installer (Vista, XP) to see if that will proceed with install.
Yeah, but when i use the win 7 disk to format, it says it's done... in like 10 seconds!

If i can get vista to work, i'll do an upgrade via that.

Thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Dec 2009   #15
gregrocker

 

You don't need to install Vista to use a Win7 upgrade. There are workarounds to get Upgrade to accept the key: http://community.winsupersite.com/bl...he-answer.aspx

Win7 DVD has quick format. Use it to make sure you have compatible formatting, even if you do other formatting.

Did you run the HD diagnostics? They usually also have a zeroing tool to get the HD completely wiped after testing it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Dec 2009   #16
Cohen

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit Signature Edition
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
You don't need to install Vista to use a Win7 upgrade. There are workarounds to get Upgrade to accept the key: http://community.winsupersite.com/bl...he-answer.aspx

Win7 DVD has quick format. Use it to make sure you have compatible formatting, even if you do other formatting.

Did you run the HD diagnostics? They usually also have a zeroing tool to get the HD completely wiped after testing it.
I am running a complete format now and using the zeroing tool.

I said i would install vista and then upgrade if there was more issues installing 7
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Dec 2009   #17
gregrocker

 

Let's hope it runs now with no OS to interfere. Should just start loading files.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Dec 2009   #18
Cohen

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit Signature Edition
 
 

It seems to be the computer, it wouldn't install XP either.

So what i ended up doing is setting up my spare desktop and installing in on that and the putting the hard drive into the other computer. It worked, and is working fine now.

Thanks for your help guys.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Dec 2009   #19
gregrocker

 

There are three BIOS upgrades recommended on the Acer site: Service & Support

One was at the time of Win7 release so it might be necessary for install.

You can check the current BIOS version by looking in BIOS setup available by tapping the F-key given on the first BIOs screen at bootup.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Dec 2009   #20
Cohen

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit Signature Edition
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
There are three BIOS upgrades recommended on the Acer site: Service & Support

One was at the time of Win7 release so it might be necessary for install.

You can check the current BIOS version by looking in BIOS setup available by tapping the F-key given on the first BIOs screen at bootup.
As i said above... this is my sister's computer... (desktop) my laptop specs are in my profile.

But i got no idea why it wouldn't even install XP.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Install issue - File not found




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
File not found:
Glad I found this forum. I get 25 approx File not found yellow indications when I run autoruns. Regards oldjoe
Performance & Maintenance
FOUND.000 File folder and what does it mean
Dear Forum, I am enquiring as to what the FOUND.000 file is. Somehow it got created sometime yesterday. I do recollect it being accidentally disconnected via the USB connection. Is it anything to worry about? When I go to place the USB External Hard Disk Drive then it asks me to scan...
General Discussion
xcopy comes up with 'file not found'
I am just trying to get this simple script i wrote to work in a batch file, but when I run the file, in the cmd screen, it comes up with; File not found- Backup 0 file(s) copied This is the script I use; @Echo Off xcopy /s "c:\Users\Jacob Smith\Desktop\Server\world d:\Users\Jacob...
General Discussion
No Drives Found in W7 install, trying clean install on HP DV4 1228CA
Hi all, I'd appreciate any help I can get on this, my laptop hdd died a few days ago and I've been pulling my hair out trying to install w7 on a brand new HDD i bought. Specs: HP Pavilion DV4 1228CA Systemboard ID 30FB AMD Turion X2 Dual Core Mobile RM 72 4Gigs of RAM DDR2 BIos F55...
Installation & Setup
Found an issue while being helped to solve another.
Hello, While checking Services to start up a process, I noted a McAffee Program Uninstaller set to automatic. Since I don't have any McAffee programs I was wondering how I delete this item. Thanks for any assistance. glennc
General Discussion
File not found, cannot be deleted
How can I fix this and delete them, there are four. http://i44.tinypic.com/14kl4x3.png
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:02.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App