Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows 7 won't let me log on.

20 Dec 2009   #1
harvey77

windows xp
 
 
Windows 7 won't let me log on.

Hi,
I am new on here and I'm posting a question on behalf of my husband.
He has just got a new acer laptop and through them got an upgrade disc to Windows 7, install could of gone better but for some reason when he switches on his laptop and is asked for his password the box says he has wrongly entered his details, we were both at his laptop when he first chose this even when it was Windows Vista we had the same problem. He has tried 'create a password reset disk' but that doesn't work either.
Has anyone encountered the same problem?
It is so annoying as my husband is using the correct log on password, it's driving us mad.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
20 Dec 2009   #2
richc46

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 10, Home Clean Install
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by harvey77 View Post
Hi,
I am new on here and I'm posting a question on behalf of my husband.
He has just got a new acer laptop and through them got an upgrade disc to Windows 7, install could of gone better but for some reason when he switches on his laptop and is asked for his password the box says he has wrongly entered his details, we were both at his laptop when he first chose this even when it was Windows Vista we had the same problem. He has tried 'create a password reset disk' but that doesn't work either.
Has anyone encountered the same problem?
It is so annoying as my husband is using the correct log on password, it's driving us mad.
If you just got the laptop and you actually did an upgrade that is the problem. Start over, take the DVD and when you come to the choice upgrade or custom, chose custom.
This is a clean install, it is the same as the full retail DVD and you are allowed to do it. Read our tutorials on installation to find out how. You have 7 with all the problems of your Vista. Start fresh no problems.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Dec 2009   #3
Tews

64-bit Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

Make sure that the cap locks aren't on....you can also find many free apps that will recover a lost password... google is your friend..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

20 Dec 2009   #4
PooMan UK

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Dec 2009   #5
harvey77

windows xp
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by richc46 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by harvey77 View Post
Hi,
I am new on here and I'm posting a question on behalf of my husband.
He has just got a new acer laptop and through them got an upgrade disc to Windows 7, install could of gone better but for some reason when he switches on his laptop and is asked for his password the box says he has wrongly entered his details, we were both at his laptop when he first chose this even when it was Windows Vista we had the same problem. He has tried 'create a password reset disk' but that doesn't work either.
Has anyone encountered the same problem?
It is so annoying as my husband is using the correct log on password, it's driving us mad.
If you just got the laptop and you actually did an upgrade that is the problem. Start over, take the DVD and when you come to the choice upgrade or custom, chose custom.
This is a clean install, it is the same as the full retail DVD and you are allowed to do it. Read our tutorials on installation to find out how. You have 7 with all the problems of your Vista. Start fresh no problems.
Hi Richard
Thanks for your reply.
We tried what you said and it wouldn't let us so we went to F2 and chose ''reboot from C drive''. Even got in touch with Acer who wanted us to purchase new recovery discs to the total of 67 which we said no as it is a new laptop, phoned Windows who where a waste of space they wanted us to phone a help line number costing 45..... no no no to that as well.
We are in the moment in restore' mode but too sure if we will be able to re-use the Windows 7 upgrade disc or will we need another one?
cheers for your help.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Dec 2009   #6
Jonathan_King

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Hello Harvey,

You said you could not do a clean install? How so? Several members here are quite good at troubleshooting installation problems.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Dec 2009   #7
harvey77

windows xp
 
 

hi, we were still unable to enter our password or run our discs to do the install, we are now at the stage where Windows is setting up our laptop, after completing from the recovery discs.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Dec 2009   #8
richc46

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 10, Home Clean Install
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jonathan_King View Post
Hello Harvey,

You said you could not do a clean install? How so? Several members here are quite good at troubleshooting installation problems.
The members of this forum get their reward by helping people like yourself. Thre is no reason that you should not be able to do a clean install. Do not spend any more money until we get this worked out. You can use the restore disc and we will get it to work. I'm pretty sure that I can do it, but with Jonathan, also helping, I know we will get this solved.

I'm going to leave on that thought. Jonathan and I will think about your situation and we will get back to you. In addition, others, just as good are on your team, too.

Good Morning JK
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Dec 2009   #9
richc46

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 10, Home Clean Install
 
 

Did you read the post by Poo Man regarding the password recovery
Try to install in safe mode.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Dec 2009   #10
Coolness

Win 7 pro 64-bit, Ubuntu 9.10 64-bit
 
 

If you dont mind, you can format the whole disk (which means delete everything), and then do the clean install.
Let us know!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows 7 won't let me log on.




Thread Tools



Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:21.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App