Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: ultimate steal Problems

09 Jan 2010   #21
krazdkiller

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
Boot from CD - How to Boot your Computer from a Bootable CD or DVD - Boot to CD

Test the ISO is bootable, then verify the DVD against it using ImgBurn's Verify Disk.

If ISO doesn't show bootable in text at left, download it again.

If the DVD doesn't Verify, then reburn using IMgburn at 4x with Verify.

imagburn one click iso creator. just make sure iso files are associated with imgburn. and as stated above burn at lowest speed.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
09 Jan 2010   #22
gregrocker

 

Can you please tell us exactly what you would like to do.

We are trying to help you make a bootable installer. You've been given steps to either burn a DVD from ISO, or write the ISO to a flash stick.

Is there something else you would like to do instead? Please tell use specifically so we can help you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jan 2010   #23
bob1709

Windows7 pro
 
 
Thanks

Hi all,
Thanks to everybody that helped.I am now running windows 7 pro.Sorry if i was a pain i dont normally have problems i cannot sort so all of you deserve a pat on the back.

Many thanks again,

Bob
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

10 Jan 2010   #24
Frostmourne

Windows 7 Ultimate x86-64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bob1709 View Post
Hi all,
Thanks to everybody that helped.I am now running windows 7 pro.Sorry if i was a pain i dont normally have problems i cannot sort so all of you deserve a pat on the back.

Many thanks again,

Bob
No problem - I'd update your drivers now - use the guides in my sig.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jan 2010   #25
gregrocker

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Frostmourne View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bob1709 View Post
Hi all,
Thanks to everybody that helped.I am now running windows 7 pro.Sorry if i was a pain i dont normally have problems i cannot sort so all of you deserve a pat on the back.

Many thanks again,

Bob
No problem - I'd update your drivers now - use the guides in my sig.
I respectfully disagree.

Unless you have missing drivers (after Windows Updates) or have performance problems, then stick with the drivers given in the Win7 installer.

This is not XP or Vista. MS sponsored the WHQL partnership with all manufacturers to build drivers for Win7, so they have them first in the installer and via Windows Updates since they paid the bill.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jan 2010   #26
Frostmourne

Windows 7 Ultimate x86-64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Frostmourne View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bob1709 View Post
Hi all,
Thanks to everybody that helped.I am now running windows 7 pro.Sorry if i was a pain i dont normally have problems i cannot sort so all of you deserve a pat on the back.

Many thanks again,

Bob
No problem - I'd update your drivers now - use the guides in my sig.
I respectfully disagree.

Unless you have missing drivers (after Windows Updates) or have performance problems, then stick with the drivers given in the Win7 installer.

This is not XP or Vista. MS sponsored the WHQL partnership with all manufacturers to build drivers for Win7, so they have them first in the installer and via Windows Updates since they paid the bill.
Driver updates are optional and drivers released by the manufacturer are not always updated frequently via Windows Update - and you should never stick with an old driver from WU if it works. You'll be missing out on increased performance - especially GPU drivers.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jan 2010   #27
Tepid

Win 7 Ultimate 32bit
 
 

Quote:
Driver updates are optional and drivers released by the manufacturer are not always updated frequently via Windows Update - and you should never stick with an old driver from WU if it works. You'll be missing out on increased performance - especially GPU drivers.
Absolutely, yes.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jan 2010   #28
gregrocker

 

We have repeat cases here of XP Oldthink where users back up their chipset drivers and first thing replace the ones give by the Win7 installer.

Then they can't understand why their Win7 install is not as crisp as if they had kept the drivers which MS spent a billion dollars to build for Win7.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jan 2010   #29
Frostmourne

Windows 7 Ultimate x86-64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
We have repeat cases here of XP Oldthink where users back up their chipset drivers and first thing replace the ones give by the MS installer.

Then they can't understand why their Win7 install is not as crisp as if they had kept the drivers which MS spent a billion dollars to build for Win7.
Or they can't understand why performance is better after updating a chipset driver from 2006.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jan 2010   #30
Tepid

Win 7 Ultimate 32bit
 
 

If there is one thing that I have learned over the years.... it's this....

Computers are magical creatures.

I do consider myself a Computer Whisperer
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 ultimate steal Problems




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
ISO win 7 - ultimate steal- original product key - complete reinstall?
I have a Windows 7 Pro 32bit ISO that I used to reinstall Windows 7 on my cousin's laptop, he bought his key from the Ultimate Steal and downloaded it through Digital River. I also have Windows 7 Pro 32bit on my laptop from a different ISO purchased through the Ultimate Steal and downloaded through...
Windows Updates & Activation
I want calculator to steal focus!
I have a microsoft keyboard with a calculator button above the numpad. When i run calc.exe form the start menu it pops up in front and in focus. However, when i run calc by hitting the keyboard button, calculator starts in the background behind whatever im working on - i have to then use alt-tab or...
General Discussion
Ultimate Steal?
Hey :D Don't suppose anyone knows when those that got a 2007 key from the ultimate steal can get their 2010 key? :confused: I want it bad :o ! I've been lookin around but can't see anywhere to do it :huh:
Microsoft Office
Ultimate Steal question
Hey I'm currently running windows xp 32-bit still, and I decided to use the ultimate steal deal ($65 for win 7 pro). I then realized I have to have a DVD burner to even install it?? I was charged and extra $13 for a disc I THINK, but i'm not sure. Anyone know how this works and would care to...
General Discussion
question about "ultimate steal" student promo
Hi, I read about some people complaining that the download wasn't bootable, I just ordered the upgrade, aswell as a disk. my question is the following; is the disk itself bootable ? or does it have to be started from windows ?? Thanks
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:07.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App