Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows 7 main os dual boot XP

16 Jan 2010   #21
sotorious

windows 7 professional 64 bit
 
 

Well there is nothing on it as of now would you like me to do that wiht PW


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
16 Jan 2010   #22
Minotar

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sotorious View Post
Well there is nothing on it as of now would you like me to do that wiht PW
Yes,if your sure its an empty partiton fire ahead
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jan 2010   #23
sotorious

windows 7 professional 64 bit
 
 

O damn im screwin up... Ok lets strat from the front. I want to get rid of all partitions tell me how to do that with PW i wanna start from the beginning.

I think i figured it out let me pop in the xp cd.

When i try to exit out it ask me am i sure it will cancel all pending operations. does that mean it is doing something right now.

I see what i was doing wrong i was not hitting apply.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

16 Jan 2010   #24
Minotar

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sotorious View Post
O damn im screwin up... Ok lets strat from the front. I want to get rid of all partitions tell me how to do that with PW i wanna start from the beginning.

I think i figured it out let me pop in the xp cd.

When i try to exit out it ask me am i sure it will cancel all pending operations. does that mean it is doing something right now.

I see what i was doing wrong i was not hitting apply.
LOL,i take it you edited the above,
Where are you now in terms of the steps?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jan 2010   #25
sotorious

windows 7 professional 64 bit
 
 

o crap i forgot something about the bootmanager now at the restart it says bootmgr is missing

ctrl alt del to restart.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jan 2010   #26
Minotar

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sotorious View Post
o crap i forgot something about the bootmanager now at the restart it says bootmgr is missing

ctrl alt del to restart.
Insert the XP disc and run start up repair x3
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jan 2010   #27
sotorious

windows 7 professional 64 bit
 
 

Repair with xp???? this is windows 7...

I popped in the bootable cd that you told me to burn is there anything i could edit it from here?

or Should i go ahead and just install xp and its doing that for a reason, for xp being able to install now...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jan 2010   #28
Minotar

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sotorious View Post
Repair with xp???? this is windows 7...

I popped in the bootable cd that you told me to burn is there anything i could edit it from here?
No,i didnt realise you were trying to boot Win7
Insert the Windows 7 disc,let it load
Choose "repair"
In the repair console run start up repair x3
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jan 2010   #29
sotorious

windows 7 professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Minotar View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sotorious View Post
Repair with xp???? this is windows 7...

I popped in the bootable cd that you told me to burn is there anything i could edit it from here?
No,i didnt realise you were trying to boot Win7
Insert the Windows 7 disc,let it load
Choose "repair"
In the repair console run start up repair x3
o man wait wait lets back track im getting confused.

read my edit above.

May i please have your msn?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jan 2010   #30
Minotar

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sotorious View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Minotar View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sotorious View Post
Repair with xp???? this is windows 7...

I popped in the bootable cd that you told me to burn is there anything i could edit it from here?
No,i didnt realise you were trying to boot Win7
Insert the Windows 7 disc,let it load
Choose "repair"
In the repair console run start up repair x3
o man wait wait lets back track im getting confused.

read my edit above.
Ok one step at a time.
Can you get me a screenshot of your disc management via PW?
Then we will move on from there.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows 7 main os dual boot XP




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Cannot change main display--dual monitors
I have two monitors. The graphics card has VGA and DVI ports. The VGA monitor has much larger screen & I want that to be the main display. Currently the smaller (DVI) display is main display, i.e, Number 1. I want the larger VGA display to be the main display, i.e., to be Number 1. Both monitors...
Music, Pictures & Video
Dual Boot problem, Ubuntu is the main boot
hello I have Asus laptop with OEM Win7 HomeP 64bit on it, I installed Ubuntu 12.04 along side with Win7, didn't know that Ubuntu will be the main boot, I used Ubuntu 11.10 a year a go and Windows was my main boot, I tired several way to retrieve Win7 as main boot but didn't work. I tried to...
Installation & Setup
Dual OS, Win7 is not the main boot
Hello everyone, I posted a similar topic a while ago under diffident User Name, I didn't quite explain the problem. I have Win7 HomeP OEM, I installed Ubuntu 11.10 and it was good experience, then Installed 12.04 and then It changed the boot to Ubuntu by it self, tried to recover windows which...
Installation & Setup
XP on new partition, can no longer boot windows 7 on main
Hi all, I created a new partition on my sata drive so i could install windows XP on it whilst having windows 7 on my main partition (C:) i have installed XP on this new partition but now every time i boot the computer it automatically boots XP and it doesnt give me the option which operating...
General Discussion
dual boot , reinstall the windows and lost dual boot
Hello Everyone , i was wondering if anyone could help me in this matter : i have windows7 and Redhat on my Laptop , i have removed and reinstalled the Windows7 last night and after that lost the Dual boot option , in fact the system is booting on windows7 and there is no option to chose...
Installation & Setup
Setup a Dual Boot Window 7 (main), XP Pro secondary
Have three HD's (1=W&, 2=storage & 3=want XP Pro) This is what I did to try and have a dual boot system (Windows 7 & XP Pro). I unplugged one HD with Windows 7 & and the other for storage only. I left the 3rd HD plugged up and installed XP pro (updated and working properly independently). ...
Installation & Setup


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:12.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App