Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Anyways to convert WIM to ISO

28 Feb 2010   #11
n9uf

Win Vista and Win 7
 
 

The thing is I formated my C drive and install Win7.
Few months time I did not like it and install back to Vista instead ...
By that time I realised Vista Advance Boot Option went missing.
The stupidest thing was I DID NOT MAKE AN IMAGE.
So I did a setup using DVD that was given to me from DELL.
Not an image file but fresh installation.
Thats the reason why I need to create ISO file from my Factory.WIM file.

Just today managed to put back Vista Advance Boot Option
using How to install The Windows Recovery Environment on your Vista PC
tuts. And still giving me errors.

If only I know how to use that -m option while making an ISO file
Im one step behind ...


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
28 Feb 2010   #12
SIW2

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Vista x64 / 7 X64
 
 

Hi,

It's a joliet file limitation.

Create iso's over 4gb using udf. Use the u2 switch instead.

Oscdimg.exe –u2 –b"C:\ whatever\path\to\etfsboot.com" –h "C:\path\to\the files" C:\7.iso

Hope it helps.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Mar 2010   #13
n9uf

Win Vista and Win 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SIW2 View Post
Hi,

It's a joliet file limitation.

Create iso's over 4gb using udf. Use the u2 switch instead.

Oscdimg.exe u2 b"C:\ whatever\path\to\etfsboot.com" h "C:\path\to\the files" C:\7.iso

Hope it helps.
Hi SIW2 ... still giving me error
File is like 6.3G ... thanks


Scanning source tree
ERROR: File larger than 4GB: "\sources\Factory.wim"
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

03 Mar 2010   #14
n9uf

Win Vista and Win 7
 
 

Managed to do it ... Thanks for them peeps who helped ...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Feb 2011   #15
reachist

Vista7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by n9uf View Post
Managed to do it ... Thanks for them peeps who helped ...
Dear friend. I have same problem. Formatted HDD without creating recovery dvd. But I have recovery partition at the D driver named factory.wim I installed WAIK program too. Can you help me How I can create ISO from this factory.wim
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Feb 2011   #16
theog

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

ME/XP/Vista/Win7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by reachist View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by n9uf View Post
Managed to do it ... Thanks for them peeps who helped ...
Dear friend. I have same problem. Formatted HDD without creating recovery dvd. But I have recovery partition at the D driver named factory.wim I installed WAIK program too. Can you help me How I can create ISO from this factory.wim
You can Order Gateway Recovery Disks from here:
https://secure.tx.acer.com/RCDB/Main.aspx?brand=gateway
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Feb 2011   #17
SIW2

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Vista x64 / 7 X64
 
 

Indeed you can order them.

But where's the fun in that?


Would be interesting to make your own.

Please post a screenshot of the entire contents of the recovery partition - so we can see what files/folders are in there.


Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by theog View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by reachist View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by n9uf View Post
Managed to do it ... Thanks for them peeps who helped ...
Dear friend. I have same problem. Formatted HDD without creating recovery dvd. But I have recovery partition at the D driver named factory.wim I installed WAIK program too. Can you help me How I can create ISO from this factory.wim
You can Order Gateway Recovery Disks from here:
https://secure.tx.acer.com/RCDB/Main.aspx?brand=gateway
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Feb 2011   #18
theog

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

ME/XP/Vista/Win7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SIW2 View Post
Indeed you can order them.

But where's the fun in that?


Would be interesting to make your own.

Please post a screenshot of the entire contents of the recovery partition - so we can see what files/folders are in there.


Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by theog View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by reachist View Post

Dear friend. I have same problem. Formatted HDD without creating recovery dvd. But I have recovery partition at the D driver named factory.wim I installed WAIK program too. Can you help me How I can create ISO from this factory.wim
You can Order Gateway Recovery Disks from here:
https://secure.tx.acer.com/RCDB/Main.aspx?brand=gateway
Hi SIW2
True. would be fun.

Would be nice to see the contents of partition.

Gateway ZX4800, Spec's & drivers.
http://support.gateway.com/product/d...1&modelId=2321
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Feb 2011   #19
gregrocker

 

You may need to unhide Hidden files in Control Panel>Folder Options>View to explore the Recovery Partition.

If it doesn't show up in Explorer, you may need to temporarily give it a drive letter in Disk management by rightclicking on it to Edit Drive letter.

Make a screenshot of the maximized, fully scrolled contents using Snipping Tool in Start Menu.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Feb 2011   #20
mjf

Windows 7x64 Home Premium SP1
 
 

If you want to work with your recovery partition in a totally safe fashion I would suggest simply imaging the partition with free Macrium Reflect. You can then simply mount the image and work on the contents with total safety. I have done this many times.
Even if you want to work directly on the recovery partition an image of it is good insurance.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Anyways to convert WIM to ISO




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Macro to convert table to convert table into iCalendar file?
First off, yes I want an iCalendar vs an Outlook calendar file because, heresy of heresies, I prefer Thunderbird to Outlook. http://www.msofficeforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif Moving on... My work doesn't offer an option to download the weekly schedule as a file, and my schedule changes so...
Microsoft Office
Convert mo3 to mp3
Hey guys i got a tough one for you. I have some music that i like but it is in a mo3 format. :shock: I went and looked online and found that yes indeed it is an audio format but have found nothing to convert it to mp3 or otherwise any help will be appreciated thanks :)
Sound & Audio
Need help,convert PIO to DMA
hi all. well i m havign a problem since i bought this dell studio 1737 laptop and i tried to burn a iso image onto dvd to make a bootable disk,as it is in PIO mode,and says that it needs some changes to write in DAO mode. i contacted dell,they gave a utility which converts PIO to DAO or DMA but...
Hardware & Devices
convert mp3 to .aa
I do not know if you folks can help...this not a win 7 problem...you folks have been a big help, so I am pushing my luck...I use win 7 as my os, but I have need of program that will convert mp3 files to .aa format..I have a lot of mp3 files and I want to use them in mp3 player that handles .aa...
Software


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:09.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App