Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows 7 Beta To RC Upgrade Instructions

26 Apr 2009   #31
ThaiAm

Win 7
 
 

you can update with build 7100 if your current build is 7077 without any tweaking of system at all. Just start the install and select the update option when it shows up and it will install the new version.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
26 Apr 2009   #32
Night Hawk

W7 Ultimate x64/W10 Pro x64 dual boot main build-remote pc W10 Pro x64 Insider Preview/W7 Pro x64
 
 

What I've been doing here without problem is simply using the custom option and selecting the partition when going to install each one. The installer will then pack things up from the previous build into the Windows.old folder you can save files out of before tossing that.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Apr 2009   #33
Ronaldo

windows 7
 
 

Guys i got 7100 installed as upgrade and it was done seemlessly. i'm impressed. never like doing upgrades but since this is a testing OS i dont mind.

any ways why does this 7100 not say RC on the build ? i recall vista RC1 said RC1
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

26 Apr 2009   #34
jimbo45

Linux CENTOS 7 / various Windows OS'es and servers
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
Guys i got 7100 installed as upgrade and it was done seemlessly. i'm impressed. never like doing upgrades but since this is a testing OS i dont mind.

any ways why does this 7100 not say RC on the build ? i recall vista RC1 said RC1
Hi there.

didn't you score a Penalty for Manchester United against Tottenham yesterday.
Didn't know you were a W7 fan.

Ye'p I'm surprised that it doesn't actually say Release Candidate on the build anywhere - just Evaluation version.
Maybe the Marketing people have got a few screws loose.

Cheers
jimbo
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Apr 2009   #35
Ronaldo

windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jimbo45 View Post
Hi there.

didn't you score a Penalty for Manchester United against Tottenham yesterday.
Didn't know you were a W7 fan.

Ye'p I'm surprised that it doesn't actually say Release Candidate on the build anywhere - just Evaluation version.
Maybe the Marketing people have got a few screws loose.

Cheers
jimbo
hi jimbo, yes i did score yesterday twice yes i am a fan of windows 7

or this aint the real RC?

I used 7057 and 7068 and this gives me lower score in the Windows Index, when i did the test aero was still activing...normally it goes to basic and does the test.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Apr 2009   #36
Ex_Brit

Win 7 Ult SP1/Win 10 Pro (all x64)
 
 

I'm patiently waiting for the Technet Plus release....it will be interesting to compare notes at that time. Only a few days to go I think.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Apr 2009   #37
kizo2703

Windows 7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ThaiAm View Post
you can update with build 7100 if your current build is 7077 without any tweaking of system at all. Just start the install and select the update option when it shows up and it will install the new version.
Guys ,what is expiration date after upgrade and clean install?
Is there a difference?
And ,I'm still wandering - is this RC after all?!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Apr 2009   #38
Ronaldo

windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kizo2703 View Post
Guys ,what is expiration date after upgrade and clean install?
Is there a difference?
And ,I'm still wandering - is this RC after all?!

mine was upgrade and it said 3/2010 i forgot exact date.

i'm wondering if this is a RC too
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Apr 2009   #39
kizo2703

Windows 7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
mine was upgrade and it said 3/2010 i forgot exact date.

i'm wondering if this is a RC too
3/2/2010 it is! No matter what everybody else are gonna say - this is not RC!
I've made clean install on my notebook and date is the same ,watermark says evaluation copy! I don't know about you but i'm gonna wait May 5th and official release!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Apr 2009   #40
Night Hawk

W7 Ultimate x64/W10 Pro x64 dual boot main build-remote pc W10 Pro x64 Insider Preview/W7 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Ex_Brit View Post
I'm patiently waiting for the Technet Plus release....it will be interesting to compare notes at that time. Only a few days to go I think.
I'm glad to see you are "patiently waiting"! since this latest leak has been very cleverly worked to give the appearance but revelations are upon us again!



How do you like the new sig as well taken from the Classic Vista theme following a startup repair after resizing the 7100's? or whatever's primary!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows 7 Beta To RC Upgrade Instructions




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Cannot Uninstall UxTheme Core Beta under Windows 8 after upgrade
I upgraded in-place from Windows 7 Professional SP1 x64 to Windows 8 Pro x64. I do not have Windows 8.1. I forgot about UxTheme Core until post-upgrade, then figured I might as well uninstall it since it was designed for an OS I was no longer running. However, I am not permitted to uninstall...
Themes and Styles
Windows ultimate beta 7100/upgrade
Hello All My Windows7 beta's time is almost up. So i hafty upgrade that. Well i get one windows7 with new notebook(Windows7 home premium upgrade). My question is do i hafty make clean install or can i upgrade my windows ultimate beta version? Any tips and ideas are most wellcome, thx! ...
Installation & Setup
Upgrade From W7 Beta RC??
Will the Windows 7 upgrade allow me to upgrade from Windows 7 Beta RC??? **EDIT** CONFIRMED!! After a little tweaking, Windows 7 Beta RC upgraded in-place to Windows 7 Professional, even activated with no issues. Here is a link that helped me......
Installation & Setup
Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor [beta]
It's available from Microsoft. ;) Download details: Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor Beta
Software
Microsoft Releases the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor beta
You may remember that Microsoft released this for Vista during its beta run. Now its available for Windows 7. So if your not sure your computer meets the Windows 7 requirements, run the advisor. Download from:...
News
IE 8 beta -- can we upgrade?
hi there all IE 8 beta -- can we upgrade? I see MS has released IE8 RC1 - everytime i try to upgrade it says my OS isnt supported .. hehe I am running windows7 with all the upto date support patches. anyone know? thanks
Network & Sharing


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:54.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App