Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: 32 bit vs 64 bit Comparison

08 Apr 2011   #271
Archmage

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lordbob75 View Post
Glad I could help. My research for this thread also cleared up somethings for me, and seems to be the only one of its kind.

~Lordbob
Do you give me permission to translate this to brazilian portuguese, and spread the knowledge?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
08 Apr 2011   #272
Lordbob75

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Mint 9
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Archmage View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lordbob75 View Post
Glad I could help. My research for this thread also cleared up somethings for me, and seems to be the only one of its kind.

~Lordbob
Do you give me permission to translate this to brazilian portuguese, and spread the knowledge?
Assuming you translate it well, and credit the original to me (and link the thread), I have no problems with it.
Thanks for helping out.

~Lordbob
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Apr 2011   #273
Archmage

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Consider it done... and if we take in consideration my actual work time, probably I will finish this in time to see the next soccer world cup. lol
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

09 Apr 2011   #274
PhreePhly

Windows 7 x64 (RTM via MSDN)
 
 

Lordbob,

I re-read the OP since you have updated and have but a few comments.

Under 64-bit, you state that 64-bit drivers are harder to find. This is only true of older hardware. If a driver is to be WHQL-certified it must be submitted in both 32- and 64-bit form. This was MS's way of forcing hardware vendors to produce 64-bit drivers. Also, 64-bit OS looks for WHQL-signed drivers or it throws an annoying dialog pointing out that the driver is not signed.

Minor point, I know, but trying to help your excellent article be more thorough.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Apr 2011   #275
Lordbob75

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Mint 9
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by PhreePhly View Post
Lordbob,

I re-read the OP since you have updated and have but a few comments.

Under 64-bit, you state that 64-bit drivers are harder to find. This is only true of older hardware. If a driver is to be WHQL-certified it must be submitted in both 32- and 64-bit form. This was MS's way of forcing hardware vendors to produce 64-bit drivers. Also, 64-bit OS looks for WHQL-signed drivers or it throws an annoying dialog pointing out that the driver is not signed.

Minor point, I know, but trying to help your excellent article be more thorough.
Ah, thanks for the clarification, I didn't know that. And I agree, 64bit drivers have become more and more common.

~Lordbob
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Apr 2011   #276
cgc1507

WINDOWS 7 64 bit
 
 
64 OR 32

THANK YOU LORDBOB75
EXPLANATION ...GREAT
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Apr 2011   #277
Lordbob75

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Mint 9
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cgc1507 View Post
THANK YOU LORDBOB75
EXPLANATION ...GREAT
Glad you liked it mate.

~Lordbob
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Apr 2011   #278
Archmage

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Only sharing a personal experience with 32 and 64 bits Windows Ultimate. In the 32 bit version, the Windows Experience Index of my PC was 4,6. I just format and made a new install, 64 bits. Same hardware. My Windows Experience Index jump to 5,5. The hardware is the same of my profile.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Apr 2011   #279
Lordbob75

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Mint 9
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Archmage View Post
Only sharing a personal experience with 32 and 64 bits Windows Ultimate. In the 32 bit version, the Windows Experience Index of my PC was 4,6. I just format and made a new install, 64 bits. Same hardware. My Windows Experience Index jump to 5,5. The hardware is the same of my profile.
Interesting note, but the WEI has always been a little off

~Lordbob
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Apr 2011   #280
DeaconFrost

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Archmage View Post
Only sharing a personal experience with 32 and 64 bits Windows Ultimate. In the 32 bit version, the Windows Experience Index of my PC was 4,6. I just format and made a new install, 64 bits. Same hardware. My Windows Experience Index jump to 5,5. The hardware is the same of my profile.
Consider the WEI useless. I've been able to get different scores by simply manually refreshing. You can also edit a file to get whatever scores you want, so the WEI should be completely ignored.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 32 bit vs 64 bit Comparison




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Ram comparison With and Without X.M.P!
Before Without X.M.P http://s30.postimg.org/798hcmc5d/cachemem.png After With X.M.P http://s30.postimg.org/lxjdnpcld/cachemem2.png not much of a difference but not bad considering it took 30 seconds to change in the bios, and its safe! :)
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Motherboard Comparison, what do you think?
For a gaming computer: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming Review Page 5 - MSI Z87-G45 Specifications & Features - Overclockers Club vs. ASRock Z87 Extreme4 Motherboard | Hardware Secrets vs. http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4518#sp All very equally priced, which one would you...
Hardware & Devices
CPU Comparison
I'm looking for a site where i can compare cpu's side by side. i know that there is one for gpu's because i've use it and pointed others to it. just not sure if there is one for cpu's. thanks in advance for any help.
Hardware & Devices
SSD comparison
This link might be of interest to those of you considering purchase of a SSD. 12 best solid state drives | News | TechRadar UK
Hardware & Devices
CPU Comparison
I have my eyes on an Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 Now I am wondering what kind of a boost to performance would I receive in gaming terms? My specs are below..
Hardware & Devices
Performance comparison
Ive run a couple of benchmarks comparing Windows XP 32-bit vs Windows 7 64-bit. Shouldn't I be getting better fps in windows 7 64 bit? Windows 7 64 bit CSS Stress Test 94.93 HL2 Lost Coast Stress Test 60.78 COH Great, avg 54.9 max 62.1 min 33.5 Windows 7 without sidebar CSS Stress Test...
Gaming


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:39.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App