Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Please help upgrading my xp to windows 7

01 Jun 2010   #11
ro1017

windows xp
 
 

Thanks Richard for the information! i will wait for other opinions as well!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
01 Jun 2010   #12
richc46

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 10, Home Clean Install
 
 

Yes, this not a yes or no question. Wait for others then you decide. It was very nice of you to give me rep, thank you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jun 2010   #13
gregrocker
Microsoft MVP

 

Aero will default to off in low-graphics installs.

Make sure you check optional Windows Updates for newer drivers than what is provided by installer.

Any drivers missing in Device Manager can then be found on the manufacturer's SUpport Downloads webpage for your model computer.

Check for a new BIOS version update there, too. You can find your BIOS version by typing System Information in the Start search box or run the Belarc Advisor which can also audit all of your software Product Keys.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

01 Jun 2010   #14
ro1017

windows xp
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
Aero will default to off in low-graphics installs.

Make sure you check optional Windows Updates for newer drivers than what is provided by installer.

Any drivers missing in Device Manager can then be found on the manufacturer's SUpport Downloads webpage for your model computer.
do I check for windows updates for new drivers after the new install of windows 7 or before?



Richard it's the least I can do for your time!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jun 2010   #15
Tews

64-bit Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

You will want to do this after installing Windows 7, though most of the drivers should be installed automatically upon installation....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jun 2010   #16
ro1017

windows xp
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tews View Post
You will want to do this after installing Windows 7, though most of the drivers should be installed automatically upon installation....
Thanks! you guys are the best! Nice to know there is still people out there willing to help others without anything in return! I'm waiting on my 2gb of memory to be delivered after that i will install and report back with how it went! Thanks again everyone!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jun 2010   #17
richc46

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 10, Home Clean Install
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ro1017 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tews View Post
You will want to do this after installing Windows 7, though most of the drivers should be installed automatically upon installation....
Thanks! you guys are the best! Nice to know there is still people out there willing to help others without anything in return! I'm waiting on my 2gb of memory to be delivered after that i will install and report back with how it went! Thanks again everyone!
You are very mistaken, we get a lot in return. The great feeling we get with the, "Thank you it works is priceless".
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Please help upgrading my xp to windows 7




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Upgrading PC from XP to Windows 7
Just had a few questions....I'm updating my PC with a new motherboard and Processor, adding some RAM as well, along with upgrading my OS from XP to Windows 7. What is the best method of making this upgrade? Do I need to do anything with the Hard Drive? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!
Installation & Setup
are you upgrading to windows 8
So who is upgrading to microsoft new operating system, tell us your reason and why. I will see my self upgrading in the future if all goes well, i tried the release preview and really liked it but had to downgrade cause of drivers issues.
Chillout Room
Upgrading to Windows 7 64 bit
I am ciurrently running Vista 64 bit, I have had it for a long time now. I really would like to upgrade to windows 7 64 bit but I want to do a full format of my drive if I do. I bought my whole PC in different parts from newegg.com about 5 years ago and to save my life I have no clue what each...
Drivers
upgrading HD with Windows 7
I have a Sony Vaio Notebook with original 320GB ATA disk running at limit. So I decided to upgrade to new Seagate Momentus XT - a hibrid 500GB disk (4GB in SSD). I used Partition Wizard Home Edition to copy all partitions from old to brand new disk - I had to put my new disk at HDD docking station...
Backup and Restore
upgrading from windows xp
hi this is my first post here so please forgive any mistakes. i would like to check out everyones opinion is it worth upgrading to window 7 as my computer is working well with xp, its an up to date computer. also which is best the upgrade or full version(upgrade being twenty five pounds cheaper}...
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:47.
Twitter Facebook Google+