Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows7 install issues with Gigabyte

08 May 2009   #11
Trikky73

Vista
 
 

updating my bios to F8 was one of the first things that I did

CPU is a D355, cant remember the brand of RAM but the system runs XP Home, Vista Premium and currently Vista Ultimate with no issues what so ever

I have now tried 2 different brands of SATA HDD and one IDE HDD with no changes, today I am going to try doing an upgrade install over Vista to see if this finally gets things happening

Only other thing I have not tried is that the PC is currently connected to my TV via HDMI, shall try it connected via D15 instead

running out of ideas

Chris


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
08 May 2009   #12
Snufffed

 

Have you ever considered the fact that Gigabytes BIOS simply will not recognize Windows 7.

You might ask them.

Seems at this time only certain Mobos are being tested by Gigabyte and will be offered as Approved for Windows 7 . They never specified by a BIOS upgrade will be offered for all approved Gigabyte mobos that are approved.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 May 2009   #13
Crunchy Doodle

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

I have the exact motherboard and it's fine with Windows 7.

Bye.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Snuffy View Post
Have you ever considered the fact that Gigabytes BIOS simply will not recognize Windows 7.

You might ask them.

Seems at this time only certain Mobos are being tested by Gigabyte and will be offered as Approved for Windows 7 . They never specified by a BIOS upgrade will be offered for all approved Gigabyte mobos that are approved.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

09 May 2009   #14
sgssgs

Windows Vista and Windows 7
 
 
Blue screen of death

I found that one of the ram chips was bad out of 4gigs of ram. So the pata dvd drive was ok. Now I can install windows 7 with no problems.
So try to install with 1 gig of ram at a time to find the bad one.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 May 2009   #15
Trikky73

Vista
 
 

Well I have given up trying to install it on the gigabyte based system - installed it on my laptop tonight without a single issue
Yeah I had tried different ram - at a loss as to why it refuses to install
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 May 2009   #16
Trikky73

Vista
 
 

Decided to give it one last go tonight after talking to a friend that said it sounded like a video driver issue - well after changing the connection from HDMI back to the D15 cable, something that I said I was going to try but forgot to over the weekend

Everything worked great, I know have windows 7 working on my HTPC as it should, HDMI even works after he first lot of updates installed

Still at a loss why this caused the problem when Vista installs OK while using HDMI connection?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jun 2009   #17
gadgetmadman

Windows 7 Rro
 
 
Installation problems with GA-73PVM-S2H

I think that there are inherent problems with this motherboard and the RC. I use this motherboard in a Media Centre PC with 2Gb of RAM and an additional Geforce 8800GT. I originally installed a pucker copy of Vista Home Premium and then installed a clean copy of the Win7 beta build 7000 which was fine. Having already upgraded my desktop computer, my netbook and my laptop (and a couple of friends computers as well) I was suprised that the RC failed with a BSOD. I tried an upgrade install over Vista and finally a virtual install using DISKPART to create a vdisk file! Every install failed so I am now back to Vista as the beta build 7000 is about to lapse.

I am determined to solve the problem as I liked the ability in Windows 7 to increase the overall text size - so I could read the dispaly (50in 1080p plasma) from my settee. Vista does not appear to be able to do this.

So - if anybody has a solution - I too am desperate to hear from you!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jun 2009   #18
Snufffed

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gadgetmadman View Post
I think that there are inherent problems with this motherboard and the RC. I use this motherboard in a Media Centre PC with 2Gb of RAM and an additional Geforce 8800GT. I originally installed a pucker copy of Vista Home Premium and then installed a clean copy of the Win7 beta build 7000 which was fine. Having already upgraded my desktop computer, my netbook and my laptop (and a couple of friends computers as well) I was suprised that the RC failed with a BSOD. I tried an upgrade install over Vista and finally a virtual install using DISKPART to create a vdisk file! Every install failed so I am now back to Vista as the beta build 7000 is about to lapse.

I am determined to solve the problem as I liked the ability in Windows 7 to increase the overall text size - so I could read the dispaly (50in 1080p plasma) from my settee. Vista does not appear to be able to do this.

So - if anybody has a solution - I too am desperate to hear from you!
It seems to me your FAILURE to upgrade is the package your trying. Vista Home Premium to Win 7 Ultimate..I think is the problem. modify the uncompress to read Pro. save then try upgrade...(do not use a KEY - all keys are Ultimate) If it upgrades you have 30 days. reboot.
change the copy back to Ultimate. save. restart the upgrade (Pro ) will upgrade to Ultimate.... enter a key.. activate and you will have 1 yr.
The UPGRADE method is set by MS. and takes a lot to all the 1 time from a lesser package. modify the EI is easiest way.
Code:
[EditionID]
Ultimate
[Channel]
OEM
[VL]
0
or
Code:
 
[EditionID]
Ultimate
[Channel]
Professional
[VL]
0
or
Code:
 
[EditionID]
Ultimate
[Channel]
ULTIMATE
[VL]
0
NOW remember some ISOs have been modified an there is NO EI.CFG
that is another story. so it depends on whos modified .iso you download and what method they used to all you to upgrade different version to or from. Other simply say. DUH, open the file and upgrade using the compatibility mode set to Vista SP2 - who knows.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jun 2009   #19
gadgetmadman

Windows 7 Rro
 
 

I fear that cannot be the problem as I have tried twice to do a clean install but still get the BSOD. I guess it's a different Mobo - but I'll update the BIOS (althugh I always keep on top of that) and give it another go.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jun 2009   #20
Snufffed

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gadgetmadman View Post
I fear that cannot be the problem as I have tried twice to do a clean install but still get the BSOD. I guess it's a different Mobo - but I'll update the BIOS (althugh I always keep on top of that) and give it another go.
That then seems to me is a BAD Download. I can give you links to what I use for VHD or ISO.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows7 install issues with Gigabyte




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Failed install windows7 home to windows7 enterprise
I have an HP Compaq dx2000mt desktop that has windows7 32bit enterprise installed on it. I tried to install windows7 home 32bit to replace the enterprise OS. As I was installing it stated the old OS would be marked, XXX.old and it went forward, then came to a point where there were booting errors....
Installation & Setup
Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H onboard Intel graphics - DVI issues
Hi all, I'm trying to run two monitors in Win7 using my Gigabyte z77x-ud3h. If I install NO drivers, I get a mirrored display; if I install either the Gigabyte Intel VGA driver or the native Intel driver, however, I get dual monitor performance... but only when the driver is freshly installed...
Graphic Cards
Gigabyte 550 ti gpu no video after install
So I just bought a new gpu and CPU for my pc and when I finished installing it and puting it back together and hooking it up I started it up and came to see that the screen was still black but it sounded like it booted up fine the card is the one in the title And the CPU is core 2 duo e7500
Hardware & Devices
Gigabyte GM-M6880 mouse - Can't install software
Hello, Im trying to install software for my new M6880 mouse but I can't :@ When I run setup I get this error: Could not open the file named: C:\blabl bla bla bla SETUP.INF The file is there though :s What can be the problem?? Thanks!
Hardware & Devices
Windows7 installation issues
System doesn't boot I am trying now to install Windows 7 Ultimate x64, but it keeps giving me this error message: "Marvell adapter initializing bios version ..xyz... Adapter 1 No hard disk is detected" My components are: Mainboard ASUS P5QL Intel E8400 3.0 Graphic card ATI HD4870
Installation & Setup
Does Windows7 have AHCI issues?
I remember Vista could not install if the HDD was configured as SATA as the drivers were not inbuilt & it use to hang & give BSOD. Is this problem over in windows7 RC1 or does it still require to integrate SATA drivers & make custom installation DVD?
Drivers


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:06.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App