Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Acer Recovery

27 Jun 2010   #61
theog

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

ME/XP/Vista/Win7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by flawless View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by theog View Post
What part of the UK are you?
Birmingham
OK, I ask, if there is any GURU live in Birmingham.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
27 Jun 2010   #62
flawless

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by theog View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by flawless View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by theog View Post
What part of the UK are you?
Birmingham
OK, I ask, if there is any GURU live in Birmingham.
Ok, thank you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Jun 2010   #63
theog

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

ME/XP/Vista/Win7
 
 

You may not get a post back for few hour, as we now it 3:00 here.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

27 Jun 2010   #64
flawless

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by theog View Post
You may not get a post back for few hour, as we now it 3:00 here.
Yes i thought that. I'm going to bed and will check this in the morning
Thanks for all the help.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Jun 2010   #65
theog

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

ME/XP/Vista/Win7
 
 

You are welcome.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jun 2010   #66
Jonathan_King

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Actually, doing a clean install is VERY simple. In fact, you shouldn't even need a tutorial!

Unlike the days of XP and Windows 98, the Vista and 7 installation is practically handed to you on a plate. Each step is clearly labeled, so you don't have to know what to do.

It is designed for non-technical people to be able to do it. All you need to know is where to install the OS!

I encourage you to read through this tutorial: Clean Install Windows 7

Our admin Shawn Brink made that tutorial so easy, you can go through the entire installation just looking at his screenshots!

Basically, all you have to do is boot the DVD, and from there, all you have to do is click "Next".

I can't stress enough, You cannot go wrong! Again, here is that tutorial: Clean Install Windows 7

If you have any questions about a certain step, don't hesitate to ask. While Gurus in Birmingham, UK are hard to come by here, volunteers from all over the world are happy to help you online.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jun 2010   #67
flawless

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jonathan_King View Post
Actually, doing a clean install is VERY simple. In fact, you shouldn't even need a tutorial!

Unlike the days of XP and Windows 98, the Vista and 7 installation is practically handed to you on a plate. Each step is clearly labeled, so you don't have to know what to do.

It is designed for non-technical people to be able to do it. All you need to know is where to install the OS!

I encourage you to read through this tutorial: Clean Install Windows 7

Our admin Shawn Brink made that tutorial so easy, you can go through the entire installation just looking at his screenshots!

Basically, all you have to do is boot the DVD, and from there, all you have to do is click "Next".

I can't stress enough, You cannot go wrong! Again, here is that tutorial: Clean Install Windows 7

If you have any questions about a certain step, don't hesitate to ask. While Gurus in Birmingham, UK are hard to come by here, volunteers from all over the world are happy to help you online.
Yes i know how to install win 7 this way, i have done it many times when i have gone back and forward from 32 bit to 64 bit which has caused my problem. the problem was that i when i had 64 bit my computer didn't seem so run as smoothly as 32 bit did so i decided to go back to 32 bit. However, when i went back to 32 bit i didn't boot the disc from startup like the guide shows but just ran the disc normally. I thought 64 bit was causeing problems with my programs but i found out it was just missing drivers so now i am going to re-install 64bit from start up.

Every time i went back and forward installing 32 bit and 64 bit my computer created a folder called 'windows old' [shown below] which takes up quite alot of space. once i install 64 bit again will i be able to delete these folders?

Acer Recovery-windows-odl.png


My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jun 2010   #68
theog

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

ME/XP/Vista/Win7
 
 

Have a look at this tutorial, this can be do with any HD.

https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...tallation.html
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jun 2010   #69
flawless

Windows 7
 
 

Im going to install 64 bit. can someone answer this question for when i get back please.
Every time i went back and forward installing 32 bit and 64 bit my computer created a folder called 'windows old' [shown below] which takes up quite alot of space. once i install 64 bit again will i be able to delete these folders?

Acer Recovery-windows-odl.png


My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jun 2010   #70
theog

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

ME/XP/Vista/Win7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by theog View Post
Have a look at this tutorial, this can be do with any HD.

https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...tallation.html
This will clean the HD of all Data.

Can you follow the tutorial?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Acer Recovery




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Acer recovery partition, moving it from HDD to SSD
hello guys yesterday I ordered a Crucial M4 128 Solid State Drive. I want to use it in my laptop as a bootdisk for my Windows (my laptop has 2 hard drive slots). My old hard drive came with an Acer recovery partition. My question is simple (I hope the solution is also simple): how do I move the...
General Discussion
Which is best: install Win 7 from ISO or from Acer recovery disks?
G'day everyone I have an Acer computer for which I created the 4 recovery DVDs at the time when I bought the computer. I also have a DVD with drivers, which I had created at the time (but I'm not sure if I created this manually or via some automated system). The computer came with Windows 7. ...
Installation & Setup
ACER Windows 7 Recovery?
Hi, i was reseting my laptop to FACTORYSETTINGS while in tyhe middle of this procces my computer got too hot and it shut it self off. and now i cant log on it just stuck at the BLack Screen Say " PLEASE INSERT RECOVERY DISK" is there anyway to baypass this becouse i dont really have the money to...
General Discussion
Acer Aspire One Recovery Problem
Hey Guys, I am trying to help a buddy out, I never had this problem before on a Acer trying to do a system restore using the software providing with the computer. I did ALT-F10 when i booted the system up. It loaded the eRecovery software, when i selected to do a complete factory restore it...
Software
Acer recovery partition
On the other day when i formatted my computer i accidently formatted the acer recovery partition too. Is there any way to get it back or i have to contact Acer to send me a CD?
Installation & Setup
acer recovery partition
i have looked through other forums about recovering the computer on the acer recovery partition, and that seems to be the only way to downgrade back to vista from the rc without an intallation disc. i can c the recovery partition on disk management but have no idea how to access it. any ideas?...
Backup and Restore


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:11.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App