Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Yammm - Yet Another Media Meta Manager

View Poll Results: How would you rate Yammm
Best metadata application you've used 26 38.24%
Easy to use with plenty of potential 24 35.29%
Can't quite get to grips with it 6 8.82%
Not my cup of tea 12 17.65%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

28 Jun 2010   #251
Hackit

windows 7, build 7100
 
 
Library settings window

Hi all, has anyone had this issue? Yammm is not adding any info, i can see it is running but images, and the xml file are not coming in. I have removed and rebooted then reinstalled and still nothing, so i removed and searched and removed the yammm info found in the program folder, then reinstalled and still nothing? I have noticed the when i add a directory the library settings section is all greyed out. So i'm unable to select check periodically or check all folders. has anyone else had an issue like this? Thanks


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
02 Jul 2010   #252
Darryl Licht

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit Steve Ballmer Signature Edition
 
 
Cool Win7 WMC Add-on for those who watch TV...

First off, I'm not trying to hijack this thread... I love what YAMM has done for my video archives. I will also post this in a seperate thread. I just figured many who subscribe to this thread will find this a nice addition, if they also watch TV thru Win7 MC.

I just discovered and love this app... Its called My Channel Logos. Home

It adds nice logos to your Guide in Win7 MC. It will automatically search for the proper logos, and the ones it cant find you can add in.

I love the ease of identification of channels now...

Yammm - Yet Another Media Meta Manager-wmc-guide-w_logos.png


My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jul 2010   #253
mikinho
Microsoft MVP

6x W2K8 R2 (x64), 6x W7 7600 (x64), 2x Gentoo (x64), 1x Ubuntu 9.04 (x64), 1x pfSense (FreeBSD)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Hackit View Post
Hi all, has anyone had this issue? Yammm is not adding any info, i can see it is running but images, and the xml file are not coming in. I have removed and rebooted then reinstalled and still nothing, so i removed and searched and removed the yammm info found in the program folder, then reinstalled and still nothing? I have noticed the when i add a directory the library settings section is all greyed out. So i'm unable to select check periodically or check all folders. has anyone else had an issue like this? Thanks
What version of Yammm?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

02 Jul 2010   #254
mikinho
Microsoft MVP

6x W2K8 R2 (x64), 6x W7 7600 (x64), 2x Gentoo (x64), 1x Ubuntu 9.04 (x64), 1x pfSense (FreeBSD)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Darryl Licht View Post
I just discovered and love this app... Its called My Channel Logos. Home

It adds nice logos to your Guide in Win7 MC. It will automatically search for the proper logos, and the ones it cant find you can add in.

I love the ease of identification of channels now...
+1. Great app. Just be aware that it does slow down your guide so if you are on older systems keep that in mind. I'd try it out regardless, makes a huge difference in the guide WAF.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jul 2010   #255
mikinho
Microsoft MVP

6x W2K8 R2 (x64), 6x W7 7600 (x64), 2x Gentoo (x64), 1x Ubuntu 9.04 (x64), 1x pfSense (FreeBSD)
 
 

And sorry for being quite over here, Yammm v2 is at a stand still right now working out some an official EULA and other BS. (It is free but distributing it under a company now).

I have several other new add-ins I'll be releasing in the next 2-3 weeks.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jul 2010   #256
Darryl Licht

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit Steve Ballmer Signature Edition
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mikinho View Post
And sorry for being quite over here, Yammm v2 is at a stand still right now working out some an official EULA and other BS. (It is free but distributing it under a company now).

I have several other new add-ins I'll be releasing in the next 2-3 weeks.
AWESOME! I cant wait!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jul 2010   #257
alex188

Windows 7
 
 

We really look forward to seeing version 2
I'm sure going to be excellent
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jul 2010   #258
Hackit

windows 7, build 7100
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mikinho View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Hackit View Post
Hi all, has anyone had this issue? Yammm is not adding any info, i can see it is running but images, and the xml file are not coming in. I have removed and rebooted then reinstalled and still nothing, so i removed and searched and removed the yammm info found in the program folder, then reinstalled and still nothing? I have noticed the when i add a directory the library settings section is all greyed out. So i'm unable to select check periodically or check all folders. has anyone else had an issue like this? Thanks
What version of Yammm?
latest version from the site, the download says (yammm-setup-1.0.3778.msi) is there a newer version?

Hi Mikinho, when I uninstall yammm, is there any registry settings i should remove that could be causing my issue?

I miss my yammm....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jul 2010   #259
Darryl Licht

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit Steve Ballmer Signature Edition
 
 
Big dvd sets...

WHats the best way to deal with a large boxed set of DVDs like P90X for example?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jul 2010   #260
Hackit

windows 7, build 7100
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Hackit View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mikinho View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Hackit View Post
Hi all, has anyone had this issue? Yammm is not adding any info, i can see it is running but images, and the xml file are not coming in. I have removed and rebooted then reinstalled and still nothing, so i removed and searched and removed the yammm info found in the program folder, then reinstalled and still nothing? I have noticed the when i add a directory the library settings section is all greyed out. So i'm unable to select check periodically or check all folders. has anyone else had an issue like this? Thanks
What version of Yammm?
latest version from the site, the download says (yammm-setup-1.0.3778.msi) is there a newer version?

Hi Mikinho, when I uninstall yammm, is there any registry settings i should remove that could be causing my issue?

I miss my yammm....
Ok so is yammm, not working or no fixes until version 2?
I have installed yammm on 3 different computers (all are windows 7 64 bit) and it's not working on all three, I'm unable to select anything in library settings, every option is grayed out.

Someone else must have this issue, am I the only one?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Yammm - Yet Another Media Meta Manager




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Yammm help
i have a video collection and used yammm to organize it better, that said it did a great job but after a review of the files i notice some files the ones with multiple video files have been replaced by metadata and wvx files with a small file size and the original files have vanished i know its not...
Media Center
YAMMM Yet Another Media Meta Manager
Hi, have just discovered this site while stumbling across something called YAMMM, gone through all the configurations and it has named (and all the rest) the majority of my movies. Some though it hasn't such as Jurrasic Park which i am sure must be there somewhere, and I was wondering is it...
Software
Yammm takes too long !
Hey, Im having trouble with yammm It takes so long for it to fetch the metadata for a single movie ( i have 210) It usually takes about 45 mins for one movie. I have added it to firewall exception and added it to my kaspersky safe trusted apps I even tried disabling my av all together
Media Center
Audio metadata finder (like Yammm)
Hi, does anyone know of a music metadata finder like yammm, i want it to label all my music in a uniform way and monitor the folders for changes and additions. Any help would be much appreciated. DxxS.
Media Center
How to use Yammm
Hello all, I downloaded the software. I followed the recommendations in the forum. It seems that the software works, it downloads information about the films. But it seems that at this stage only posters. Is it supposed to download more content, such as summary, and other information...
Media Center
A YAMMM question
My current Movie library is D:\videos\movies\'lots of films' I have set YAMMM to work on this folder(and it great), i want to start backing up my film collection but its too big and takes too long so i was going to change the film directory to D:\videos\movies\A,B,C,D etc, will YAMMM still work if...
Media Center


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:55.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App