Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: MediaBrowser

View Poll Results: So Lets get some feed Back on Media Browser
It is the best video plug-in I'v ever tried! 268 75.49%
I like it but still use other plug-in's for videos. 28 7.89%
Tryed it but wasent happy and removed it. 30 8.45%
It doesnt have all the features I need. 33 9.30%
Just the right amount of features. 35 9.86%
It was to hard to use. 17 4.79%
It was so easy to use. 59 16.62%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 355. You may not vote on this poll

10 Aug 2009   #621
zay

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

I assume you are using a third party firewall, because this is the first time I am hearing MB being blocked. Either way, whether you have a third party firewall or just the windows one, just create a rule that allows it to access the internet.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
10 Aug 2009   #622
DemonSeed

7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote: Originally Posted by daroy99
i meant that all of the links to pictures on the first post don't show up, they all have the ****** instead of address





Quote: Originally Posted by sergiogarcia9
oh I cant see them either


I talked to the admin about that and they said they would fix it!
They blocked dropbox for one reason or another, but said they would unblock my thread today.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Aug 2009   #623
Pendragon

XP Pro & Win7 Ult
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zay View Post
I assume you are using a third party firewall, because this is the first time I am hearing MB being blocked. Either way, whether you have a third party firewall or just the windows one, just create a rule that allows it to access the internet.
Just the Windows firewall - Media Browser doesn't seem to be able to gather metadata for movies that I don't already have covers for.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

10 Aug 2009   #624
sergiogarcia9

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
Just the Windows firewall - Media Browser doesn't seem to be able to gather metadata for movies that I don't already have covers for.
It could have something to do with the names of the movies. I have 2 movies and 1 TV series in my libary that MB can't find cover for (XIII: The Conspiracy, Flammen og Citronen (danish movie) and 24 (Tv series from Fox))
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Aug 2009   #625
DemonSeed

7 Ultimate x64
 
 

You need to be sure to have Metadata checked off in the config menu. To get the info from media browser.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Aug 2009   #626
xzener

Windows 7 RC 7100
 
 

Hey DS,

Wanted to try a go at organizing some of my collection into box sets. I have a basic setup (HDD's) on my HTPC. But I couldn't figure out how to set it up in MB.

My HDD configuration looks like this...

D:\ (contains 80+ DVDs, all of which in their own folder)
E:\ (same as above)
F:\ (contains Blurays, DVD, and Recorded TV shows)

example of drive F:\HD Movies\Bourne Identity\Bourne Identity.mkv

I'd like to setup an icon on the main MB screen, "Box Sets", and have just box set movies. ex: Star Wars, Inidana Jones, Scream, Bourne Trilogy, etc...

Can you help me out dude??

Thanks,
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Aug 2009   #627
Pete1122

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by xzener View Post
Hey DS,

Wanted to try a go at organizing some of my collection into box sets. I have a basic setup (HDD's) on my HTPC. But I couldn't figure out how to set it up in MB.

My HDD configuration looks like this...

D:\ (contains 80+ DVDs, all of which in their own folder)
E:\ (same as above)
F:\ (contains Blurays, DVD, and Recorded TV shows)

example of drive F:\HD Movies\Bourne Identity\Bourne Identity.mkv

I'd like to setup an icon on the main MB screen, "Box Sets", and have just box set movies. ex: Star Wars, Inidana Jones, Scream, Bourne Trilogy, etc...

Can you help me out dude??

Thanks,
Hope you dont mind a noob jumping in and helping but this is what I did to set up boxsets.

Created a new folder called "Boxsets" added the folder in Media Browser Configuration tool. Created a folder for each boxset "Spiderman, X-Men" and so on inside the boxset folder and then created a shortcut for each movie in the folder. Does that make sense? In other words just use shortcuts and Media Browser picks them up with no problem. As for boxset folder pictures I use Settingsun's boxset icons.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Aug 2009   #628
DemonSeed

7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Hey Xzener, whats up man! Here is how I have mine set up.


*** I am using animated pix in this post that you can not see move with Internet Explorer. If you are using Firefox, Safari, or Opera your good, just skip over this next part.
If your using any other web browser please just for this, download this Portable Web Browser and run the opera.exe and it will open, Then browse back to this page, and you wont miss a thing.

This is going to be based on how I have my system set up, please don't think this is the only way of doing thing because that's just incorrect. This is solely going to be based on my system.

I am going to give pointers on how to set up a box set collection using shortcuts from your main movie collection.

First thing, I do not separate my movies in my library. They are all grouped together so I can better keep a true count of things,
and when browsing all of my tidals, its really all of my tidals .
Here is what I mean.

Click on Photos to ENLARGE



Note the folder.dna file I have inside my folder. The reason I have that there is, Stark did not make the icon you see. It is a custom made icon and I don't want stark to change it or alter it in any way, so by putting the folder.dna inside the folder Stark will skip it from be processed.

Now on to the part Media Browser looks at to show me my Box Sets.
This is a folder with nothing inside but what you see here.


And this is my end game.



It will be easy to do it this way, but there is a down side tho.
If you use the sort by Genre or other filters, MB is going to show two of all of the movie that have been linked with shortcuts.

I don't use and filters, so I don't have any problems with it doing that.

Hope this helps ya out.
Later -DS
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Aug 2009   #629
whiteboy

win 7 64
 
 

I did the trailers mod, but it seems after I watch a few, they start screwing up, I get no pic and some loud screaching noises.

I can view them fine with quicktime so I dont think they are corrupted. Not sure what the deal is???

Also do I have to do something special to get the itunes trailers to work. These look really cool but I just get the blue screen that the file type is not playable.

I can play the .mov's on WMP just fine.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Aug 2009   #630
DemonSeed

7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whiteboy View Post
I did the trailers mod, but it seems after I watch a few, they start screwing up, I get no pic and some loud screaching noises.

I can view them fine with quicktime so I dont think they are corrupted. Not sure what the deal is???

Also do I have to do something special to get the itunes trailers to work. These look really cool but I just get the blue screen that the file type is not playable.

I can play the .mov's on WMP just fine.
The only thing I know to suggest is codec pack.All I use is Sharks x64 & x32 and can play everything. I have not had to trouble shoot any file I have tried to play, so this is all I know. Sorry I cant be of more help to ya.

By the way Welcome to the Forum!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 MediaBrowser




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Everio mediabrowser
I've no idea where to post this, but if anyone uses this type of application, can you please tell me if you have any problems changing the Calender, it refuses to move to 2010, even with new pics put in. Its definitely not user friendly.:devil:
General Discussion
cant connect to Youtube from Everio Mediabrowser
I use Everio Mediabrowser to download my JVC videos. I can upload directly to You Tube on it but since I started using W7 (64 bit home) I get an error it cannot connect to Internet. It works fine on my other laptop that runs XP so I'm thinking it is a W7 issue not my software. I had this...
Software
MediaBrowser Questions
OK guys I got mediabrowser setup pretty nicely I really like it so far, pretty cool =P i made an icon for it downloaded the shortcut and everything and pin'd it to my bar. Now there's just a few changes I wanna make to the whole operation =P 1. The time, in the top left it shows "London"...
Media Center


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:48.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App