Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: MediaBrowser

View Poll Results: So Lets get some feed Back on Media Browser
It is the best video plug-in I'v ever tried! 268 75.49%
I like it but still use other plug-in's for videos. 28 7.89%
Tryed it but wasent happy and removed it. 30 8.45%
It doesnt have all the features I need. 33 9.30%
Just the right amount of features. 35 9.86%
It was to hard to use. 17 4.79%
It was so easy to use. 59 16.62%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 355. You may not vote on this poll

10 Sep 2009   #701
CBers

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DemonSeed View Post
CBers, I forgot to tell you that MB needs your folders to look like this to see tv show corectly.
J:\TV\Eureka\Season 1\Eureka - 01x01 - Pilot.ext
J:\TV\Eureka\Season 1\Eureka - 01x02 - Many Happy Returns.ext
J:\TV\Eureka\Season 1\Eureka - 01x03 - Before I Forget.ext
J:\TV\Eureka\Season 1\Eureka - 01x04 - Alienated.ext
J:\TV\Eureka\Season 1\Eureka - 01x05 - Invincible.ext

The show name at the end is optional, but meta-browser and mediabrowser are looking for those folders, in order to see them as shows.
Thanks DS, beginning to see the effects now !!

Do you use meta<browser/> for your movies, or TV only ??

When I give meta<browser/> my TV folder ( J:\TV), it finds a film called The TV Set !!

Taken it out of meta<browser/> now to see what it does !!

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jag View Post
I've just finished installing the x86 rtm version and setting up codecs. Only i can't get media browser to show up in mce (using the latest version). I does show when i select manage extra's, but it says "no extra's are available". I also tried the registry keys to get an extra strip for media browser, but it doesn't work either. Maybe i'm missing something very obvious, but i have no ideas left.
Did you install the old version, then the new version over the top then run the registry script ??

If not, try it - I did.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
10 Sep 2009   #702
DemonSeed

7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jag View Post
I've just finished installing the x86 rtm version and setting up codecs. Only i can't get media browser to show up in mce (using the latest version). I does show when i select manage extra's, but it says "no extra's are available". I also tried the registry keys to get an extra strip for media browser, but it doesn't work either. Maybe i'm missing something very obvious, but i have no ideas left.
Go back and get version 2.0.11, then uninstall the one you have, then install 2.0.11 and right after, install 2.1.1 over it. I'm not sure why it does that but whta I said should work.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Sep 2009   #703
DemonSeed

7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by CBers View Post

Do you use meta<browser/> for your movies, or TV only ??
I use it for EVERYTHING!!
When I give meta<browser/> my TV folder ( J:\TV), it finds a film called The TV Set !!
I have know idea what that is or why its doing that?
Taken it out of meta<browser/> now to see what it does !!
I have a large collection and meta has been a wonderful tool for getting all of my images for my shows and movies.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

11 Sep 2009   #704
UKMedia

Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit (SP 1)
 
 

I still use MyMovies for the meta data and MediaBrowser for the UI. Are there benefits in moving to MetaBrowser for movies?

UKMedia
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Sep 2009   #705
DemonSeed

7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Well I haven't used mymovies in some time, so I don't really know what its doing now, but using meta browser will let you add as many backdrops that you want to your folders, named so MB will rotate them. It will let you choose from a collection of covers so you can see the one you want to see. It will download the actors images and put them in your imagesbyname folder. It will let you easily add any additonal info to your movie details. Plus a lot, lot more. So if you haven't tried it you really should! IMO

And it will do all of that and more for TV Shows Too!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Sep 2009   #706
CBers

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by CBers View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DemonSeed View Post
CBers, I forgot to tell you that MB needs your folders to look like this to see tv show corectly.
J:\TV\Eureka\Season 1\Eureka - 01x01 - Pilot.ext
J:\TV\Eureka\Season 1\Eureka - 01x02 - Many Happy Returns.ext
J:\TV\Eureka\Season 1\Eureka - 01x03 - Before I Forget.ext
J:\TV\Eureka\Season 1\Eureka - 01x04 - Alienated.ext
J:\TV\Eureka\Season 1\Eureka - 01x05 - Invincible.ext

The show name at the end is optional, but meta-browser and mediabrowser are looking for those folders, in order to see them as shows.
Thanks DS, beginning to see the effects now !!

Do you use meta<browser/> for your movies, or TV only ??

When I give meta<browser/> my TV folder ( J:\TV), it finds a film called The TV Set !!

Taken it out of meta<browser/> now to see what it does !!
DS - how have you passed your TV shows folder(s) into meta<browser/> ??

Do you give it the top level folder, such as J:\TV in my case, or have you give it each individual show, such as J:\TV\Eureka etc. ??

I'm still not getting meta<browser/> to see my TV shows, it stills sees J:\TV as the film called "The TV Set".

Any idea ??

TIA
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Sep 2009   #707
DemonSeed

7 Ultimate x64
 
 

No you should just need to show it the top containing folder for all of your shows.
If your folders are not named like I showed it will not see them as a TV Show.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Sep 2009   #708
CBers

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DemonSeed View Post
No you should just need to show it the top containing folder for all of your shows.
If your folders are not named like I showed it will not see them as a TV Show.
Hi DS.

They were named as you suggested - took a while to rename everything !!

For some reason now though, meta<browser/> has picked them up, so all sorted, although I'd like to know what I did to kick it into life, as it was several hours between rename and meta<browser/> starting to see them.

Thanks for your assistance.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Sep 2009   #709
DemonSeed

7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Maybe and more than likely it was a meta restart that fixed it. If it was minimized in the task tray when you renamed then it wouldn't see the new names till it starts up from the beginning again.

But I happy you have it now. Did you find the option to rename your files for you?
I can be a little tricky setting that so if you need any help with it let me know.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Sep 2009   #710
CBers

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DemonSeed View Post
Maybe and more than likely it was a meta restart that fixed it. If it was minimized in the task tray when you renamed then it wouldn't see the new names till it starts up from the beginning again.

But I happy you have it now. Did you find the option to rename your files for you?
I can be a little tricky setting that so if you need any help with it let me know.
Does meta<browser/> not run when minimised then ?? That's probbably the answer !!

It's fairly self-explanatory (as is MediaBrowser), which was why I was baffled, but the minimised to system tray seems to be the answer.

Thanks again.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 MediaBrowser




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Everio mediabrowser
I've no idea where to post this, but if anyone uses this type of application, can you please tell me if you have any problems changing the Calender, it refuses to move to 2010, even with new pics put in. Its definitely not user friendly.:devil:
General Discussion
cant connect to Youtube from Everio Mediabrowser
I use Everio Mediabrowser to download my JVC videos. I can upload directly to You Tube on it but since I started using W7 (64 bit home) I get an error it cannot connect to Internet. It works fine on my other laptop that runs XP so I'm thinking it is a W7 issue not my software. I had this...
Software
MediaBrowser Questions
OK guys I got mediabrowser setup pretty nicely I really like it so far, pretty cool =P i made an icon for it downloaded the shortcut and everything and pin'd it to my bar. Now there's just a few changes I wanna make to the whole operation =P 1. The time, in the top left it shows "London"...
Media Center


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:46.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App