Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: I Don't use MS Office

18 Jun 2017   #1
briswin7

Win 7, 64
 
 
I Don't use MS Office

I don't use MS Office, (any version), for a number of good reasons. How do I stop the up-dates constantly trying to get me to install up-dates for an un-installed program. Thanks


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
18 Jun 2017   #2
Ranger4

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit sp1
 
 

Hi briswin7, welcome to the Forum.

How long ago did you uninstall Office & how did you uninstall it. Which version of Office was installed.

This website might help you.

Uninstalling Outlook or Office updates - MSOutlook.info
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Jun 2017   #3
briswin7

Win 7, 64
 
 
I Don't use MS Office

Because of numerous past problems I have NOT installed 'MS Office' on any of my recent computers.
The last was purchased with Win 7 professional only.
Therefore the reply suggesting that I somehow un-installed 'Office' is completely wrong.
My objective is to stop my computer constantly reminding me to 'up-date' a program I don't have, (and don't want).
Regards, to all
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

20 Jun 2017   #4
Ranger4

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit sp1
 
 

Quote:
I don't use MS Office, (any version), for a number of good reasons. How do I stop the up-dates constantly trying to get me to install up-dates for an un-installed program. Thanks
The reason I was asking about an uninstalled version of Office is the reference to an uninstalled program in your first post.

It would be most unusual for MS to supply you with updates for a program that you don't have or never have had on a computer.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Jun 2017   #5
Layback Bear

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

From post #3
Quote:
The last was purchased with Win 7 professional only.
Because your system specs give very little information, I'm presuming that this is a store bought computer. If that is correct, your computer may of come with a Trial version of Office.

If you are positive you don't have Microsoft Office installed; next time the update is offered by Windows 7 Updates just right tick on the update and select Hide/Ok.

Jack
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Jun 2017   #6
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Ranger4 View Post
The reason I was asking about an uninstalled version of Office is the reference to an uninstalled program in your first post.

It would be most unusual for MS to supply you with updates for a program that you don't have or never have had on a computer.
Actually, it isn't unusual. I got updates offered for MS Outlook all the time and I never had it (nor was there a trial offer since I built the computer).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Jun 2017   #7
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
From post #3


Because your system specs give very little information, I'm presuming that this is a store bought computer. If that is correct, your computer may of come with a Trial version of Office.

If you are positive you don't have Microsoft Office installed; next time the update is offered by Windows 7 Updates just right tick on the update and select Hide/Ok.

Jack
I would go ahead and download and install the updates anyway on the odd chance the updates affect something in Win 7 that Office uses. If the computer doesn't need the update, it won't install anyway.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 I Don't use MS Office




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Office 2016 and Office 365 Current Channel v1704 build 8067.2115
Source: Office 365 client update channel releases See also: Announcing April feature update for Office 2016 for Windows Desktop - Microsoft Community
News
Office 2016 and Office 365 Current Channel v1703 build 7967.2161
Source: Office 365 client update channel releases See also: May 2017 Office Update Release Office Updates
News
Free full featured office suite - SoftMaker Office 2008
SoftMaker Office is a complete and limited - featured office suite that comes with a word processor, a spreadsheet, and a presentation-graphics program. Compatible with many Microsoft Word and Excel formats. (pre Office 2010), more like office 2003. ...
Software
Office 2010(Win7, 64bit) won't open Office 2007(WinXPr3 32 bit) files
Just bought a new laptop with Windows7 64bit installed-my first exposure to Windows7. I had Office 2007 installed on my old Dell 32 bit machine. I had also recently pruchased Office 2010 and installed that on my new machine. Now, when I try to open those 32bit 2007 files with 64bt 2011, Iget...
Microsoft Office
File Validation from Office 2010 to Office 2003 and Office 2007
File Validation from Office 2010 to Office 2003 and Office 2007 - Softpedia
News


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:01.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App