Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Need Works, Word, anything

05 Jun 2010   #1
BinkerNate

Windows 7
 
 
Need Works, Word, anything

When I got this new computer back in 1/10, it came with Works Task Launcher. However, it didn't mean anytyhing other than these were all trial versions of Microsoft. Now, with Word Processor the only thing I use, but now is saying that the Spelling/Grammar can't be done for some reason, and all of these problems from Word to Photo Manager (or Editor?) expired, I need help in getting them back again. But...in a different way.

I have Microsoft Security Essentials, which has helped in protecting my computer. But, it was free. Please tell me that can be said for something similar to Works that includes Word and Photo, etc.? If so, and for free, where and how to get it?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
05 Jun 2010   #2
mitchell64

Windows Seven Home Premium 32bit SP1
 
 

Hallo Blinkernate, this software is basically what Microsoft Office is like. You can use it to view documents that have been sent to you & are in MS Office format but the downfall is someone with MS Office can not view your documents you send them.
The upside it is completely free;

download: OpenOffice.org Downloads

I hope this helps i think you will find it is the best free option available
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Jun 2010   #3
clunkfish

Windows 7 Enterprise x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mitchell64 View Post
Hallo Blinkernate, this software is basically what Microsoft Office is like. You can use it to view documents that have been sent to you & are in MS Office format but the downfall is someone with MS Office can not view your documents you send them.
The upside it is completely free;

download: OpenOffice.org Downloads

I hope this helps i think you will find it is the best free option available
I'm pretty sure that OpenOffice can write files that Microsoft Office can read...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

06 Jun 2010   #4
ccatlett1984

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by clunkfish View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mitchell64 View Post
Hallo Blinkernate, this software is basically what Microsoft Office is like. You can use it to view documents that have been sent to you & are in MS Office format but the downfall is someone with MS Office can not view your documents you send them.
The upside it is completely free;

download: OpenOffice.org Downloads

I hope this helps i think you will find it is the best free option available
I'm pretty sure that OpenOffice can write files that Microsoft Office can read...
For the most part, it can.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jun 2010   #5
BinkerNate

Windows 7
 
 

anything on the photo editor?

Also, does openoffice have the spell check?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jun 2010   #6
PooMan UK

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Yep OpenOffice supports spell checking and graphics

Why Open Office ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jun 2010   #7
raf051888

Windows 7 64-bit
 
 

I do believe Windows Live Photo Gallery can edit photos.

Photo Gallery - Windows Live
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jun 2010   #8
Jacee
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit SP1
 
 

Irfanview is free and can edit photos, plus do much more IrfanView - Official Homepage - one of the most popular viewers worldwide
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jun 2010   #9
noobvious

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 (desktop)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jacee View Post
Irfanview is free and can edit photos, plus do much more IrfanView - Official Homepage - one of the most popular viewers worldwide
I have this one and I like it. It's no Photoshop, but for the average user that's not ready for the GFX team ( like me) it works well. I probably haven't done half of what it can do.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jun 2010   #10
CarlTR6

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jacee View Post
Irfanview is free and can edit photos, plus do much more IrfanView - Official Homepage - one of the most popular viewers worldwide
I second Jacee's Irfanview recommendation.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Need Works, Word, anything




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
MS Works 8 Word Processor
I have just done a clean install of W7 Ultimate 64 bit on 2 different Desktops. One is a Fujitsu Siemens Esprimo 5905P the other originally an HP Pavillion which now has an Asrock Mobo. I have reinstalled all my programs--no problems there. I use MS Works 8 Word Processor. This worked fine on both...
Microsoft Office
Works word processor files not searchable because of embedded nulls
I've been using Microsoft Works 8.5 Word Processor for a few years on Windows 7 and it works fine. However, I was dismayed to find out that I cannot do a bulk search for text across multiple files. It turns out that Works embeds nulls between each character. So CAT in a file is...
Software
Microsoft Works Word Processor
I bought my computer in 2008ish, maybe 2009, and it came with Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit. It also came with pre-installed software, and of those pre-installed software included Microsoft Works Word Processor. I upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit last week, and I have been painstakingly...
Microsoft Office
Delay in opening any Microsoft Works Word file 1st time each day..
Each day, the first time I opening 'any' existing Microsoft Works Word Processor file that I have, such as ones I have for phone numbers, addresses, etc., I have to wait about 45 seconds for the file to open. And while I'm waiting, I can't do anything else on the computer. Any of those files I open...
Software
Word 2000 works on one pc but not the other
Any ideas what would cause this. I have 2 identical windows 7 pc's that I just setup. They are both running windows 7 pro x64. I installed office 2000 small business with sp1. One one machine word and excel will launch just fine. On the other machine, excel will launch but word hangs. I tried...
Microsoft Office
Word 2007 - Works converter appears to be broken by latest updates
Until recently I've been able to open old MS Works (.wps) files in Word 2007, but since installing the latest Windows updates on 11 April I now get a message saying that I need a newer version of the conversion tool, with a link to go and download it. I tried this, but the only file I can find...
Microsoft Office


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:33.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App