Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Original Disk Not reading..

21 Nov 2010   #11
mitchell65

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by fmozilla View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mitchell65 View Post
What makes you think it is a hardware problem? Open Device Manager and see if there is a yellow triangle next to the DVD/CD Device.
No wait ill Put a Screen shorts and Rep++ For you
I see that you have edited your time zone OK but is the issue with your DVD playing now resolved?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
21 Nov 2010   #12
fmozilla

Windows 7 Professional 32Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mitchell65 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by fmozilla View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mitchell65 View Post
What makes you think it is a hardware problem? Open Device Manager and see if there is a yellow triangle next to the DVD/CD Device.
No wait ill Put a Screen shorts and Rep++ For you
I see that you have edited your time zone OK but is the issue with your DVD playing now resolved?
No still i did not find that Type DVD.if i find it ill post Screen-shot..that Easy to understand my Problem.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Nov 2010   #13
mitchell65

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

I still think this is more likely to be a software problem but if you are convinced that it is a hardware issue then you should contact Dell as your laptop is still under warranty. You will though find that before Dell address a hardware issue they will want you to check all the things I am suggesting here so please save yourself some time and do the device manager check I suggested earlier. I don't think a screenshot of the DVD will help much just look and see if it is a DVD-R or -RW or +RW.
Your post above seems to suggest that you have lost the actual DVD or have I misunderstood?
Is this a commercial DVD and if so where did it come from?
Have you checked with the DVD writer manufacturers website for the latest drivers?
What player are you using and haveyou downloaded any 3rd paty codec packs?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

21 Nov 2010   #14
fmozilla

Windows 7 Professional 32Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mitchell65 View Post
I still think this is more likely to be a software problem but if you are convinced that it is a hardware issue then you should contact Dell as your laptop is still under warranty. You will though find that before Dell address a hardware issue they will want you to check all the things I am suggesting here so please save yourself some time and do the device manager check I suggested earlier. I don't think a screenshot of the DVD will help much just look and see if it is a DVD-R or -RW or +RW.
Your post above seems to suggest that you have lost the actual DVD or have I misunderstood?
Is this a commercial DVD and if so where did it come from?
Have you checked with the DVD writer manufacturers website for the latest drivers?
What player are you using and haveyou downloaded any 3rd paty codec packs?

]

can you please check this?I will be back soon.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Nov 2010   #15
mitchell65

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

That looks fine. You could just double click on the Optiarc DVD drive line and that should open a window which should say "This device is working properly".
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Nov 2010   #16
mitchell65

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Whilst doing the above check the driver version you have installed then go here:
Optiarc DVD RW AD-7700H ATA Device Driver Download - PC Pitstop Driver Library
to see if this is a later driver. If so download it and install
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Nov 2010   #17
fmozilla

Windows 7 Professional 32Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mitchell65 View Post
Whilst doing the above check the driver version you have installed then go here:
Optiarc DVD RW AD-7700H ATA Device Driver Download - PC Pitstop Driver Library
to see if this is a later driver. If so download it and install
There are not download link bro
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Nov 2010   #18
mitchell65

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Sorry about that. It seems that regular drivers are not compatible with the OEM software installed by Dell so it might be worth going onto the Dell support website, feeding in your Tag number and look to see if there is a driver update for your DVD writer there. Meantime can you answer the questions I put in my post #13 above, please?
Also I have asked you before but have you ever played a DVD successfully in this Laptop?
Is this DVD a commercial Video or a copy? Is it downloaded?
Have you ever installed any codec packs?
IMPORTANT: What makes you think this is a hardware problem?
Please try to answer these points as they might help resolve this issue for you!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Nov 2010   #19
fmozilla

Windows 7 Professional 32Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mitchell65 View Post
I still think this is more likely to be a software problem but if you are convinced that it is a hardware issue then you should contact Dell as your laptop is still under warranty. You will though find that before Dell address a hardware issue they will want you to check all the things I am suggesting here so please save yourself some time and do the device manager check I suggested earlier. I don't think a screenshot of the DVD will help much just look and see if it is a DVD-R or -RW or +RW.
Your post above seems to suggest that you have lost the actual DVD or have I misunderstood?
Is this a commercial DVD and if so where did it come from?
Have you checked with the DVD writer manufacturers website for the latest drivers?
What player are you using and haveyou downloaded any 3rd paty codec packs?
It's a My frdz DVD and i also have a DVD of Windows 7.one day i tried to install with that disk it;s not working for me.but i tried to another laptop it's working fine.i did not Download ant codec Packs.but on my laptop i have a Power DVD,VLC player jet audio,Gom player and WM player that's all.i already install drives for my laptop.my problem some DVD'S working. But Gold color DVD'S not working?



Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mitchell65 View Post
Sorry about that. It seems that regular drivers are not compatible with the OEM software installed by Dell so it might be worth going onto the Dell support website, feeding in your Tag number and look to see if there is a driver update for your DVD writer there. Meantime can you answer the questions I put in my post #13 above, please?
Also I have asked you before but have you ever played a DVD successfully in this Laptop?
Is this DVD a commercial Video or a copy? Is it downloaded?
Have you ever installed any codec packs?
IMPORTANT: What makes you think this is a hardware problem?
Please try to answer these points as they might help resolve this issue for you!

I tried contact some help from dell site. im at a Asia country so they will not help for Us.also i tried dell Asia site.but i did not.so wat i can do?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Nov 2010   #20
mitchell65

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

I can't help you outside the UK I'm afraid. I can only suggest that you contact them where you bought the laptop.
Meantime, I still think your problem is software related but unless you are prepared to give my suggestions a try I really cannot see what more I can do!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Original Disk Not reading..




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
where can i get recovery disk for original windows 7 home prem
hi just wondering if anyone could help? my partners laptop has crashed and wont boot windows and it came without recovery disk.:cry: how do I resolve this? any help would be much appreciated.
Backup and Restore
usb reading as local disk
hie please help out guys, my sandisk is being recognised as a local disk in my pc but its still new only used it twice. any solutions to make it as a removable disk:o
Hardware & Devices
Event Viewer Reading Backup Logs Instead of Original
Windows Home Premium SP1 64 bit When opening Win 7 Event Viewer, in the Summary of Administrative Events window, it's reading the "Microsoft windowsbackup/ActionCenter log". Shouldn't it instead be reading the original logs? Application, System, Security, etc. ? When I click on these logs...
Performance & Maintenance
blue ray disk drive reading disk issues with windows 7
hi, i jest replaced a dead dvd rom with a ASUS BW-12B1ST Blu-Ray Writer 12X BD-R 16X DVD+R SATA and the bios see it, windows 7 see's it and installs the driver but every time i try to access the drive the explorer will go not responding and when i use task manager to shutdown the system hangs...
Hardware & Devices
W7 not reading Dual Layer disk
My machine needed a new mother board and so I upgraded to W7 from Vista, same Optical and hard drives installed. I burned files in a dual layer disk in Vista as backup. Now having upgraded the PC to Windows 7, Windows manager lists all the sub directories and the files but then only opens...
Drivers
Severe disk-reading performance problem
I have a severe problem where reading a large file is fine for a short while, then it stalls, and takes forever to finish. This means things like Media Center and Media Player are intolerable. I've described all the details, including perfmon.exe graphs, in the file attached to this posting. ...
Performance & Maintenance


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:52.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App