Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: No internet access

20 Jan 2011   #1
aviatorweldon

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 
No internet access

I have AT&T Uverse in the living room, and used to run cables into a separate room for xbox/pc. However with a few recent purchases I have another device that needs a connection. So I got rid of the cables running, bought a Netgear "Universal WiFi Internet Adapter/WNCE2001" and a dynex 5port switch. Than have my windows7pc, xbox, and receiver hooked up to the switch. My xbox and receiver have no problems populating an ip address and connecting to the internet. However my Windows 7 Ultimate x64 keeps giving me "Network/No Internet Access".


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
20 Jan 2011   #2
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by aviatorweldon View Post
I have AT&T Uverse in the living room, and used to run cables into a separate room for xbox/pc. However with a few recent purchases I have another device that needs a connection. So I got rid of the cables running, bought a Netgear "Universal WiFi Internet Adapter/WNCE2001" and a dynex 5port switch. Than have my windows7pc, xbox, and receiver hooked up to the switch. My xbox and receiver have no problems populating an ip address and connecting to the internet. However my Windows 7 Ultimate x64 keeps giving me "Network/No Internet Access".
Win 7 and homegroup use IPv6 some hardware doesnt recognize it consistently. The other possibility is the driver,

I would make a new network connection using workgroup (uses IPv4) and test. I would also re-install/install the most recent driver and test

Let us know


Ken J
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Jan 2011   #3
Sardonicus

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Right click on the network icon and select Diagnose and repair.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

20 Jan 2011   #4
aviatorweldon

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by p5bdkw View Post
Right click on the network icon and select Diagnose and repair.
I tried this and it said unable to find error.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Jan 2011   #5
aviatorweldon

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post

Win 7 and homegroup use IPv6 some hardware doesnt recognize it consistently. The other possibility is the driver,

I would make a new network connection using workgroup (uses IPv4) and test. I would also re-install/install the most recent driver and test

Let us know


Ken J
Ok I turned off the homegroup, and was in the process of looking over my workgroup settings. All of a sudden I had an internet connection, I took the opportunity to go to intel's site and update to the most recent network driver. As soon as I did this... no internet connection.

I than rolled back the driver to the previous one and my internet connection is back. Although it did take a minute or so to "change back"
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 No internet access




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Dial Up ICS Error:Access Type No Internet Access With Yellow Triangle
Hi, i am a newbie when it comes to Windows networking particularly Internet Connection Sharing (ICS). A week ago i turned my Win 7 HP Laptop into wireless router which is on EVDO 3G dial up using the windows (ICS) to connect my second Win 7 Dell laptop which was successful. Unfortunately, i...
Network & Sharing
Frequent internet access dropping - "Limited Internet Access"
First things first, these are my computer specs. Operating system: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology System model: GA-770TA-UD3 BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Processor...
Network & Sharing
Frequent internet access dropping - "Limited Internet Access"
First things first, these are my computer specs. Operating system: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology System model: GA-770TA-UD3 BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Processor ~3.2GHz Memory: 4096MB RAM Display: ATI Radeon HD...
Network & Sharing
No access to Internet - Limited access for both wired and wireless
Hi i am new here My Original post is here - No access to Internet - Limited access for both wired and wireless - Microsoft Answers I have seen most of the threads going un-answered so i feel that i can get help from here! I just accessed wireless internet on another laptop! So i am sure we...
Network & Sharing
Internet Access = Can't browse / No Internet Access = Nice Browsing ??
When my computer says Internet Access, I am having trouble browsing. Most pages do not load. Right now, It says no internet access for over 15 minutes and I am able to brose so much better and still going on downloading around 400 kb/s. How can this be? Why would it be? (I am on a wired...
Network & Sharing
Win7 x64 Crashes on Internet Access or File Access
Hi all, So i'm writing this from Safe Mode with Networking as that seems to be the only way to keep the system stable. I was working on my computer last night with zero problems. I shut it down and then today I have the following symptoms. Once i boot, i can open folders on the desktop and...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:03.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App