Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Win 7 Pro PC does not access Win XP PC

09 May 2011   #81
billg226

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by WebMattR View Post
That would be what the current line of thinking from everyone else is for the solution. Did you say you originally started this machien with ME, and have upgraded it to XP, and further on to W7, or am I thinking of one of your other machines?
Yes, it came with Me and I upgraded to XP but could not upgrade to 7 but I've a new PC with 7 on it. Thanks for your comments, think I'll give it a try before going back to the orginall set-up.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
10 May 2011   #82
WebMattR

W7 Professional x64
 
 

Alright. Let me know how it turns out, and we'll all advise you further from there.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 May 2011   #83
billg226

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by WebMattR View Post
Alright. Let me know how it turns out, and we'll all advise you further from there.
Tried a Repair last night but got Window saying a newer version of XP exists. Guess that's because SP3 was added after the upgrade. So now what??
Thanks again.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

10 May 2011   #84
WebMattR

W7 Professional x64
 
 

I can't recall if we tried this, given the myriad of pages of help you've received, but have you tried just giving everyone full control of a share?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 May 2011   #85
billg226

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by WebMattR View Post
I can't recall if we tried this, given the myriad of pages of help you've received, but have you tried just giving everyone full control of a share?
Yes I have. My laptop has XP Pro on it & I can access all okay from this Win 7 PC. I go to my laptop & can access this 7 PC okay but even from laptop, can't access the desktop with XP Home on it, much like it does trying to access it from here.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 May 2011   #86
seavixen32

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by billg226 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by WebMattR View Post
Alright. Let me know how it turns out, and we'll all advise you further from there.
Tried a Repair last night but got Window saying a newer version of XP exists. Guess that's because SP3 was added after the upgrade. So now what??
Thanks again.
Uninstall SP3, and then try the repair. A long shot I know, but when I tried the anytime upgrade from Win 7 Professional to Win 7 Ultimate I couldn't because I'd already installed SP1. After I uninstalled SP1.......Bingo!

If it does the trick you can always re-install SP3 afterwards.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 May 2011   #87
billg226

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seavixen32 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by billg226 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by WebMattR View Post
Alright. Let me know how it turns out, and we'll all advise you further from there.
Tried a Repair last night but got Window saying a newer version of XP exists. Guess that's because SP3 was added after the upgrade. So now what??
Thanks again.
Uninstall SP3, and then try the repair. A long shot I know, but when I tried the anytime upgrade from Win 7 Professional to Win 7 Ultimate I couldn't because I'd already installed SP1. After I uninstalled SP1.......Bingo!

If it does the trick you can always re-install SP3 afterwards.
Okay I'll try that, some neat thinking there.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 May 2011   #88
billg226

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by billg226 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seavixen32 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by billg226 View Post
Tried a Repair last night but got Window saying a newer version of XP exists. Guess that's because SP3 was added after the upgrade. So now what??
Thanks again.
Uninstall SP3, and then try the repair. A long shot I know, but when I tried the anytime upgrade from Win 7 Professional to Win 7 Ultimate I couldn't because I'd already installed SP1. After I uninstalled SP1.......Bingo!

If it does the trick you can always re-install SP3 afterwards.
Okay I'll try that, some neat thinking there.
Didn't work, yes uninstalling SP3 let me do a Repair (no help) then new install (still no help, reinstalled SP3, still no help, gues I'll have to go back to original ME set-up & come up from there
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Win 7 Pro PC does not access Win XP PC




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Custom screensaver file read access right, network access
Hi, I've creates my own custom screensaver (in Visual Studio 12 using WPF), which need access to network for check an weather and email check. I've settings saved in two files. First one is NotifyScreensaver.scr.config, where I've only url to server, from which I take weather informations....
Themes and Styles
Dial Up ICS Error:Access Type No Internet Access With Yellow Triangle
Hi, i am a newbie when it comes to Windows networking particularly Internet Connection Sharing (ICS). A week ago i turned my Win 7 HP Laptop into wireless router which is on EVDO 3G dial up using the windows (ICS) to connect my second Win 7 Dell laptop which was successful. Unfortunately, i...
Network & Sharing
Can you access a Cable moden via Wireless Access Point
This question may not be what you think it is. I am trying to fix an intermittent issue in my home environment. The issue is I am having to use wireless. Our Xfinity Cable/WAP modem sits on the top floor of our house. I am located in the basement. The wireless signal I get most of the time is very...
Network & Sharing
No access to Internet - Limited access for both wired and wireless
Hi i am new here My Original post is here - No access to Internet - Limited access for both wired and wireless - Microsoft Answers I have seen most of the threads going un-answered so i feel that i can get help from here! I just accessed wireless internet on another laptop! So i am sure we...
Network & Sharing
Win7 x64 Crashes on Internet Access or File Access
Hi all, So i'm writing this from Safe Mode with Networking as that seems to be the only way to keep the system stable. I was working on my computer last night with zero problems. I shut it down and then today I have the following symptoms. Once i boot, i can open folders on the desktop and...
BSOD Help and Support
Download Windows Access Panel For Easy Access To Window
Download Windows Access Panel For Easy Access To Windows Utilities Many Windows users might not like the default settings that come automatically but tend to customise or make changes to the default settings. Users who are familiar with control panel or other system utilities shouldn’t have...
Software


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:43.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App