Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: VoIP softphone & PSP X2 acting strange after restore

27 Jul 2009   #1
Kari

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

 
VoIP softphone & PSP X2 acting strange after restore

After my system restored from this issue, VoIP softphone PhonerLite is acting strange. I have it in Startup folder, starting automatically minimized when ever I boot Win7. Up to system restore everything worked fine.

After restoring my system, I get this message every time I boot: VoIP softphone has stopped working. Problem signature is as follows:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: PhonerLite.exe
Application Version: 1.59.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4a2775f9
Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7100.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 49eea7a7
Exception Code: 0eedfade
Exception Offset: 000098f6
OS Version: 6.1.7100.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 1b02
Additional Information 2: 1b02d6ac792b3e2eaf4f2922d9135efd
Additional Information 3: c6a1
Additional Information 4: c6a1f1ca8bcd6a91a4b7dc2adf6ba37e

When I click "Close the program" in above mentioned dialog, comes this:
VoIP softphone & PSP X2 acting strange after restore-voip_2.png
For reasons unknown to me it is in German, I have English system with German language pack for another user account, but I think message is clear to everybody:
Error reading from TrayIcon.Visible:Shell-Notification icon can not be shown. When I click OK and start softphone manually, it starts and works perfectly, tray icon visible where it should be.

Second strange thing is that Paint Shop Pro X2 stopped working completely. It worked fine until issue mentioned above, after that nothing. Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, nothing works.

Any ideas?

Kari

Edit: Paint Shop Pro X2 problem solved. It works when I run it as an administrator.





My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
27 Jul 2009   #2
C0NN3R

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 RTM
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kari View Post
After my system restored from this issue, VoIP softphone PhonerLite is acting strange. I have it in Startup folder, starting automatically minimized when ever I boot Win7. Up to system restore everything worked fine.

After restoring my system, I get this message every time I boot: VoIP softphone has stopped working. Problem signature is as follows:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: PhonerLite.exe
Application Version: 1.59.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4a2775f9
Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7100.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 49eea7a7
Exception Code: 0eedfade
Exception Offset: 000098f6
OS Version: 6.1.7100.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 1b02
Additional Information 2: 1b02d6ac792b3e2eaf4f2922d9135efd
Additional Information 3: c6a1
Additional Information 4: c6a1f1ca8bcd6a91a4b7dc2adf6ba37e

When I click "Close the program" in above mentioned dialog, comes this:
Attachment 20142
For reasons unknown to me it is in German, I have English system with German language pack for another user account, but I think message is clear to everybody:
Error reading from TrayIcon.Visible:Shell-Notification icon. When I click OK and start softphone manually, it starts and works perfectly, tray icon visible where it should be.

Second strange thing is that Paint Shop Pro X2 stopped working completely. It worked fine until issue mentioned above, after that nothing. Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, nothing works.

Any ideas?

Kari



Have your tried reinstalling it? Most cases are the restore messed up (corrupted) the application files.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Jul 2009   #3
Kari

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by C0NN3R View Post
Have your tried reinstalling it? Most cases are the restore messed up (corrupted) the application files.
Yes, have tried. Basicly this is not a big thing, I can always start this program manually. But I had reasons to put it in Startup-folder.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

27 Jul 2009   #4
C0NN3R

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 RTM
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kari View Post
Yes, have tried. Basicly this is not a big thing, I can always start this program manually. But I had reasons to put it in Startup-folder.
Ok, well instead of using the startup folder, have you tried adding registry values that would run in on startup?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 VoIP softphone & PSP X2 acting strange after restore




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Help please, laptop acting very strange
About a month ago my laptop would not boot up at all. It would just go to a "windows shut down unexpectedly and when I tried to start windows normally it would not boot up at all. So I chose go back to last know configuration and it booted up. Since then I have had several unexpected shutdowns with...
BSOD Help and Support
my pc is acting strange?
hi guys,im new to this page,and i,m a bit afraid on my situation.I,ve been having problems with my computer,the 1 sign is that the cd/dvd drive opens and closes by itself like when i open the cd/dvd drive it closes by itself,like someone or something is telling to do that,and it happens when i,m...
General Discussion
Computer acting strange, not sure what the cause.
Hello all I went for help at the avast forum thinking that it might be a virus or malware and they cleared my computer of any of that. Here is the link to the thread: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=149620.0 It's explained in the thread but I'll explain it again and some more...
General Discussion
Voip sip softphone for windows 7
Is there anyone can tell me what softphone is best or excellent for my windows 7 OS? I tried 3cx, but seems hard for me to use it, i also have skype but i uninstalled it coz it has bad call quality. thanks!
Hardware & Devices
Pc acting very strange
Hi guys, On my sisters pc, I press the button to turn on but the only thing that starts is the processor and the graphic card fans spins up, the HD doesnt or the dvd drive wont open and the screen doesnt come on either just acts like its in standby (by that I mean the light flashes). its very...
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:37.
Twitter Facebook Google+