Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Internet is mostly not working...

19 Aug 2009   #11
SquonkSC

Win7 Build 7600 x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Buddhism101 View Post
Unless I'm missing something... Yes? I've run my computer like this for about 4 years now? No issues really. (4 years ago my old computer had this same problem) On the reformatted one, certainly no firewalls or anything, but no ports open for it.

Work offline is not on.
Well, I asked because I suspected a trojan on your machine.

Now that I know you have no protection what so ever on the computers,
I am sure it must be a lot more than just one trojan.

Sad thing is you will never know, because there is no application on your machine that would tell you, if you are infected.

Even sadder is that your machine might be infecting other machines as we speak.

I'm sorry but I'm not going to help you with this.

I believe people first have to take their own responsibilities before they go looking for help.

Good luck


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
19 Aug 2009   #12
Atomic Shark

Windows 7 RTM (My daddy installed it for me)
 
 

You could also run an 'elevated command prompt', type cmd then right-click & 'run as admin', next type in sfc /scannow, this will check your system file integrity & overwrite any files that do not match the system default.

Hope it's sorted soon for you
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Aug 2009   #13
Atomic Shark

Windows 7 RTM (My daddy installed it for me)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by squonksc View Post
Well, I asked because I suspected a trojan on your machine.

Now that I know you have no protection what so ever on the computers,
I am sure it must be a lot more than just one trojan.

Sad thing is you will never know, because there is no application on your machine that would tell you, if you are infected.

Even sadder is that your machine might be infecting other machines as we speak.

I'm sorry but I'm not going to help you with this.

I believe people first have to take their own responsibilities before they go looking for help.

Good luck
If a user is 'Computer Savvy' then they will know how to go about using the internet safely without needing protection. So many people have AV protection that it's now deemed 'silly' not to have any, which is not 100% true.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

19 Aug 2009   #14
Buddhism101

Windows XP / 7
 
 

I had Anti-Virus programs before, and all they did was find spyware and viruses that they "removed". I took it off and haven't had any issues for years. It's my opinion that Viruses and spyware are made and placed by the very companies that make anti-virus software so they can stay in business. Obviously there's going to be more, but I'm pretty careful about what I download. Wouldn't a reformat take care of this anyways? Since that's what I just did... And it's not like I opened all of my ports. I only open the ones I need.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Aug 2009   #15
Atomic Shark

Windows 7 RTM (My daddy installed it for me)
 
 

It could be that access to the router from that computer has been altered. A re-install will possibly change the IPv4 number which you may have specifically set up on the router to allow external access to the net.

You will need to type 'ipconfig' into command prompt and check your router webpage/setup page also.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Aug 2009   #16
SquonkSC

Win7 Build 7600 x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Buddhism101 View Post
I had Anti-Virus programs before, and all they did was find spyware and viruses that they "removed". I took it off and haven't had any issues for years. It's my opinion that Viruses and spyware are made and placed by the very companies that make anti-virus software so they can stay in business. Obviously there's going to be more, but I'm pretty careful about what I download. Wouldn't a reformat take care of this anyways? Since that's what I just did... And it's not like I opened all of my ports. I only open the ones I need.
No offense Buddhism101, but people with the same opinion as you have, are the reason spam, trojans and viruses are so widely spread.

How can you say you are carefull what you download? How would you know if there's a trojan in it?

Saying the antivirus corporations are behind it, is like saying the police and FBI are behind crime, to save their jobs.

And to Atomic Shark:
A true computer savvy knows about what's out there, and also knows you can not have your firewalls turned off.

I think turning off a firewall means the user is not savvy enough to setup his firewall properly, and instead of teaching himself how to operate it, he shuts it off.

I suggest doing some reading on the subject.

Greetz
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Aug 2009   #17
Buddhism101

Windows XP / 7
 
 

Perhaps I am the reason behind all of the world's problems. Now I'll politely ask you to leave and ask that someone else help me, since you're not answering any of my questions anymore - leading to my problem solving. If it so happens that the problem is a virus or trojan, then I may consider a firewall to be an option. At this point, however, I doubt it because you still have not given me any data or reasons to support this fact. You simply asked if I had it, I said no, and you told me you refused to help me. Looking for more help, thanks.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Aug 2009   #18
Orbital Shark

 
 

Have you had any luck with the sfc /scannow or Repair Install?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Aug 2009   #19
SquonkSC

Win7 Build 7600 x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Buddhism101 View Post
Perhaps I am the reason behind all of the world's problems. Now I'll politely ask you to leave and ask that someone else help me, since you're not answering any of my questions anymore - leading to my problem solving. If it so happens that the problem is a virus or trojan, then I may consider a firewall to be an option. At this point, however, I doubt it because you still have not given me any data or reasons to support this fact. You simply asked if I had it, I said no, and you told me you refused to help me. Looking for more help, thanks.
Ok, fair enough.

good luck
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Aug 2009   #20
Buddhism101

Windows XP / 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Orbital Shark View Post
Have you had any luck with the sfc /scannow or Repair Install?
Repair Install completed, but didn't seem to affect the issue. Scannow is the same thing as repair install correct? Repair just overwrites it automatically?

Also didn't find any integrity violations on sfc / scannow
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Internet is mostly not working...




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Husbands Lenovo PC Won't Connect to the Internet. Internet working.
My husbands lenovo PC won't connect to the internet. The internet is working fine for my PC, his samsung galaxy s3 mini phone, and the PS3s. His PC won't connect, though. Please, can someone help me1 I don't know what the hell is going on with his PC! is it hardware, software? I think a...
Network & Sharing
Internet not working, windows update, ping, DNS, etc. working fine
Hello, I've got a Dell laptop here that isn't functioning properly. I can't get this to work for the life of me! I am currently using this laptop with a different hard drive, it's the install on the SSD that doesn't work. I know that the quick fix would be to simply reload windows, but I don't...
Network & Sharing
Internet wireless not working on my PC, but working on other computers
Hi people, I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium. My wireless connection has been working on and off for a while, but now it just refuses to work. The other computers in the wireless network are working just fine, so it must be definitely something in my laptop. I can detect the network just...
Network & Sharing
Wireless and internet are working but no internet access
Hi there ،، well the problem here that suddenly all my internet explolers ( firefox , IE9(x32) , google Chrome ) can't access to the internet . I checked the connection many times, i tried the system restore, scan for viruses and i couldn't find any help with this. The strange thing that...
Network & Sharing
Windows 7 Internet Working, LAN not working
Umm. Hey there guys. I have posted about this problem earliar too. But there has been very poor response from sevenforums.com . I installed windows 7 and encountered the NETWORK (No internet access) problem. This is what I am connected through. I am using a PPPoE connection which directly...
Network & Sharing
Internet Working/ Lan not- working :(
Hey guys I just reformatted my pc with windows 7 ultimate. I have installed only 2 things yet. 1. Audio driver 2. Onboard Realtek NIC driver for WIn 7 I have a strange problem. I am connected through a wired connection which goes into a switch on the neighboring bldg. I can create a dial up...
Network & Sharing


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:09.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App