"Unidentified network" - No internet access (LAN)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

  1. Posts : 1,216
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
       #21

    here is an image of the dhcp
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails "Unidentified network" - No internet access (LAN)-huaweihg8245_dhcp.png  
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 13
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64
    Thread Starter
       #22

    When I try that, it says "Network" instead of "Unidentified network", but still, there's no internet access...

    Edit: Hmm, I don't seem to have those options, only "LAN host configuration".
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 1,216
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
       #23

    when you put in them configurations does the montior on the botton right is there a triangle there?
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 10,485
    W7 Pro SP1 64bit
       #24

    benjy206 said:
    everything seems fine there. Try to connect manually when wired.

    First: Right click the monitor on the bottom right and open network and sharing center
    2nd: click on the change adapter settings
    3rd: Right click local area connection and go to properties
    4th: look for ipv4 and click on it and go down to properties and open it
    5th: then click the use the following ip address:
    ip = 192.168.100.5
    subnet = 255.255.255.0
    default gateway = 192.168.100.1
    see if this works
    The OP claims to have done this - albeit with a typo of 191... and 100.4
    Maybe the OP typo'd when setting the static IP too

    HelloThere said:
    ...I tried manually setting the IP (191.168.100.4 - as specified in the router for "Workstation"), subnet mask (255.255.255.0 or 255.255.0.0) and the default gateway (the address I use to connect to the router in the web browser), but it doesn't work, and I get an error.....
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 13
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64
    Thread Starter
       #25

    benjy206 said:
    when you put in them configurations does the montior on the botton right is there a triangle there?
    Yes.

    Edit: I entered exactly as benjy206 posted. :)
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 1,216
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
       #26

    Yes he tried a 191. In my opinion it maybe just a configuration error in the router or on the adapters.

    HelloThere could you post a screen shot of the adapter settings window
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 10,485
    W7 Pro SP1 64bit
       #27

    HelloThere said:
    ...Edit: Hmm, I don't seem to have those options, only "LAN host configuration".
    This seems really important that you don't have or are not allowed to see those options. Might be time to call the ISP.


    I need some rest. You have plenty of helpers.

    later...
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 613
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64
       #28

    First what Lan port is the desktop connected 1, 2, 3 or 4 on the huawei?
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 13
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64
    Thread Starter
       #29

    benjy206 said:
    Yes he tried a 191. In my opinion it maybe just a configuration error in the router or on the adapters.

    HelloThere could you post a screen shot of the adapter settings window
    This?:

    It's currently on automatic settings.

    UsernameIssues said:
    HelloThere said:
    ...Edit: Hmm, I don't seem to have those options, only "LAN host configuration".
    This seems really important that you don't have or are not allowed to see those options. Might be time to call the ISP.


    I need some rest. You have plenty of helpers.

    later...
    Thanks for taking your time to help, I really appreciate it.

    TheCyberMan said:
    First what Lan port is the desktop connected 1, 2, 3 or 4 on the huawei?
    It's currently in LAN2. The cable in LAN1 goes out to a connection in the wall.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 1,216
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
       #30

    Yes it seems a bit strange that you dont have some configuration in your router and that its not working when wired also. Just to make sure do one more test if you could (ping 192.168.100.1) if this replys then you will have to talk to isp. If that does not reply get back to me
      My Computer


 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:32.
Find Us