Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Making bluetooth work my way

14 May 2013   #1
borgqueenx

Windows Seven
 
 
Making bluetooth work my way

Well lets begin first steps first.....making windows reconise the bluetooth usb stick.
i have a bluetooth stick connected and windows successfully reconised it and added it as device.
however when i go to the menu "add device" in windows, i see no bluetooth device whatsoever popup.

as soon as i have this working, i want to use the bluetooth headset for teamspeak.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
14 May 2013   #2
chev65

Windows 7 Ult, Windows 8.1 Pro,
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by borgqueenx View Post
Well lets begin first steps first.....making windows reconise the bluetooth usb stick.
i have a bluetooth stick connected and windows successfully reconised it and added it as device.
however when i go to the menu "add device" in windows, i see no bluetooth device whatsoever popup.

as soon as i have this working, i want to use the bluetooth headset for teamspeak.
Try going into Device Manager and looking under USB controllers.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 May 2013   #3
borgqueenx

Windows Seven
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by borgqueenx View Post
Well lets begin first steps first.....making windows reconise the bluetooth usb stick.
i have a bluetooth stick connected and windows successfully reconised it and added it as device.
however when i go to the menu "add device" in windows, i see no bluetooth device whatsoever popup.

as soon as i have this working, i want to use the bluetooth headset for teamspeak.
Try going into Device Manager and looking under USB controllers.
i dont see a usb controllers tab.

edit: oh wait i see it. its not marked as usb but the complete name.
i only see the bluetooth device and alot more i dont know about.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

14 May 2013   #4
strollin

W10 Pro desktop, W10 laptop, W10 laptop, W10 Pro tablet (all 64-bit)
 
 

In case you aren't familiar with how Bluetooth works you need to put whatever device you are wishing to pair into discovery mode. Some devices go into discovery mode for a short time when they are first turned on, some have a button to put them into discovery mode. Once the device is in discovery mode, then you can tell the computer to search for devices. If there are no devices nearby in discovery mode, the computer won't find anything.

Depending on the device, you may need to enter a PIN to connect. If the documentation for the device does not specify a PIN the default is often 0000.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 May 2013   #5
borgqueenx

Windows Seven
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by strollin View Post
In case you aren't familiar with how Bluetooth works you need to put whatever device you are wishing to pair into discovery mode. Some devices go into discovery mode for a short time when they are first turned on, some have a button to put them into discovery mode. Once the device is in discovery mode, then you can tell the computer to search for devices. If there are no devices nearby in discovery mode, the computer won't find anything.

Depending on the device, you may need to enter a PIN to connect. If the documentation for the device does not specify a PIN the default is often 0000.
it does not find any device. i have a iphone android phone bluetooth headset and bluetooth headphones here it detects nothing. and yes i have them in pairing mode.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 May 2013   #6
chev65

Windows 7 Ult, Windows 8.1 Pro,
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by borgqueenx View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by borgqueenx View Post
Well lets begin first steps first.....making windows reconise the bluetooth usb stick.
i have a bluetooth stick connected and windows successfully reconised it and added it as device.
however when i go to the menu "add device" in windows, i see no bluetooth device whatsoever popup.

as soon as i have this working, i want to use the bluetooth headset for teamspeak.
Try going into Device Manager and looking under USB controllers.
i dont see a usb controllers tab.

edit: oh wait i see it. its not marked as usb but the complete name.
i only see the bluetooth device and alot more i dont know about.
I believe that you were looking for the Bluetooth device but this one is already installed.

As you found out they do show up under Universal Serial Bus controllers, or USB.

I'm not sure what you mean "I only see the Bluetooth device" ? Isn't that what you were just looking for?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 May 2013   #7
borgqueenx

Windows Seven
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by borgqueenx View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chev65 View Post

Try going into Device Manager and looking under USB controllers.
i dont see a usb controllers tab.

edit: oh wait i see it. its not marked as usb but the complete name.
i only see the bluetooth device and alot more i dont know about.
I believe that you were looking for the Bluetooth device but this one is already installed.

As you found out they do show up under Universal Serial Bus controllers, or USB.

I'm not sure what you mean "I only see the Bluetooth device" ? Isn't that what you were just looking for?
thats the bluetooth device itself.
i want to find bluetooth devices with it to pair my headset to the pc.

i tried 3 sticks already. why does it not work.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 May 2013   #8
borgqueenx

Windows Seven
 
 

i have found out how to connect it.
there are 2 things to be chosen. i can use a advanced audio profile or/and a headset profile.
when using the headset profile, i hear audio but on very, very low quality. the mic works.
when using the advanced profile i hear audio on very good quality but the mic does not work.

any solution?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Jun 2013   #9
borgqueenx

Windows Seven
 
 

anyone?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Making bluetooth work my way




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Making two SSD work together as one C:\
I have a 250 Gig OCZ SSD and a 500 Gig Seagate SSD. Is it possible to install Windows 7 Ultimate 7 x64 on one and use the two together as one SSD witha total of 750 Gig showing as one C:\? I have an AR3 Dell Alienware with an I7 processor overclocked to 3.4. It has a total of five HD/SSD slots....
Media Center
Bluetooth microphone is making weird electrical noises
People on the listening end are complaining that my Bluetooth microphone is emitting weird electrical noises that sound like something between telegraph beeps and 56K modem screeching. Any ideas? I actually have a recording of this noise, but I don't know how to upload it.
Sound & Audio
acer aspire 4738' s bluetooth doesn't work but wifi work?
Acer aspire's Bluetooth doesn't work since I bought it I've installed drivers too but it doesn't work what should I do. In its specs it has Bluetooth . But there is no Bluetooth device found in device manager how to repair this. Please HELP!!
Hardware & Devices
Making AutoRun Work
I've had a Dickens of a job trying to get AutoRun to work on a DVD containing HTML files. I've written various versions of AutoRun.INF ("Open=..."; Shellexecute=...") and so on. In desperation I built a Start.exe file in Flash and that worked, but I need my client to have the disk run...
General Discussion
Making Bluetooth Connect to my Computer with a shortcut
How can I make a shortcut for pressing that connect button or how can I add it to start up? Otherwise, I am having to - click bluetooth icon twice -then click the phone device to open the device control panel - then press connect (And if I forget to do that, I am having to take off the...
Hardware & Devices


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:07.
Twitter Facebook Google+