Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Advanced Network problem

18 Oct 2009   #11
Tonza

Windows 7 Professional (32-bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kegobeer View Post
Tonza,

Do you have any other Windows 7 computers running Tortoise?
Yes I do. At my workplace I have one Dell which is running Windows 7 Enterprise. TSVN works like a charm. Settings are completely same.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
18 Oct 2009   #12
Tonza

Windows 7 Professional (32-bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kari View Post
You fixed it?
No, sorry for the missunderstanding, ment to say thanks for the warm welcoming.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Oct 2009   #13
kegobeer

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tonza View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kegobeer View Post
Tonza,

Do you have any other Windows 7 computers running Tortoise?
Yes I do. At my workplace I have one Dell which is running Windows 7 Enterprise. TSVN works like a charm. Settings are completely same.
Were both installed the same way? Maybe one was installed in Vista compatibilty mode and the other was not? Is TortoiseSVN 1.6.2 compatible with Windows 7 (Windows 7 listed in the application OS specs)?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

18 Oct 2009   #14
Tonza

Windows 7 Professional (32-bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kegobeer View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tonza View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kegobeer View Post
Tonza,

Do you have any other Windows 7 computers running Tortoise?
Yes I do. At my workplace I have one Dell which is running Windows 7 Enterprise. TSVN works like a charm. Settings are completely same.
Were both installed the same way? Maybe one was installed in Vista compatibilty mode and the other was not? Is TortoiseSVN 1.6.2 compatible with Windows 7 (Windows 7 listed in the application OS specs)?
I tried version 1.6.5 and that should work with Win 7 as far as I found out.
I have to check is the Dell running it in Vista mode, but I don't think so. In Dell computer it's also running x64.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Oct 2009   #15
Tonza

Windows 7 Professional (32-bit)
 
 

Could there be a problem with this Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller ?!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Oct 2009   #16
H2SO4

Win7x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tonza View Post
Could there be a problem with this Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller ?!
A packet trace may help to understand the nature of the problem without guessing.

Install (www.wireshark.com), start capture, reproduce error message, stop capture, zip up, upload.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Oct 2009   #17
Tonza

Windows 7 Professional (32-bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by H2SO4 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tonza View Post
Could there be a problem with this Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller ?!
A packet trace may help to understand the nature of the problem without guessing.

Install (www.wireshark.com), start capture, reproduce error message, stop capture, zip up, upload.
I'll try if Wireshark gives me some insight. Forgot its existence.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Oct 2009   #18
Tonza

Windows 7 Professional (32-bit)
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Oct 2009   #19
H2SO4

Win7x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tonza View Post
Thanks. No wonder my requests for packet captures always go unheeded
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Oct 2009   #20
Tonza

Windows 7 Professional (32-bit)
 
 

Tell me when you get the file and I remove it, in case it has some vulnerable data.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Advanced Network problem




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Upgrading to 4K (Advanced Format) Hard Drive (Windows Update Problem)
I am running Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit, on a Lenovo W500 ThinkPad laptop. I am trying to upgrade my Seagate 320GB hard-disk drive to a Western Digital (WD) Blue 1TB. The new drive has 4K sectors (Advanced Format), as opposed to 512-byte sectors, which appears to be causing some problems with...
Hardware & Devices
NETWORK ADAPTER- cant change advanced settings from 802.11d
Hey, This is my first post here or anywhere relating to my computer problems. I am going into Computer>manage>device manager>network adapters>my adapter>rightclick>properties>advanced and I am trying to change the "property" from "802.11d" to "wireless mode" (under value next to "wireless...
Network & Sharing
Advanced Wireless Network Problem, WinXP Connects but Win7 Wont
Good morning everybody! My D-Link rooter is driving me nuts! Basically I have many computers in my home and I seem to have an issue with encryption and compatibility. I have.. My Works PC - Dell Dimension 1100 Windows XP Pro My Works Laptop - Compaq Presario Windows XP Pro My Rig -...
Network & Sharing
Advanced Boot problem with disk reverted from RAID 1 (Files are ok)
Screenshot from disk management(from former RAID1): https://www.sevenforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=129631&stc=1&d=1294324176 This is what happened> I had RAID 1 running on Intel Matrix Storage,(Win 7 Pro x86) then the software failed first with one then with the another disk. I...
Hardware & Devices
Fairly advanced problem, need some help
Okey dokey, first of all I'm new here, so hi there all. Second of all, I have a fairly perplexing problem and was wondering if any of you guys know how to fix it. Basically, I installed Windows 7 via Apple's Boot Camp facilitator on my Macbook while allocating 20GB's of space to the...
Installation & Setup


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:30.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App