Why sharing over bluetooth is so awful?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 204
    widnows 7 professional 32 bits
       #1

    Why sharing over bluetooth is so awful?


    Hi guys

    ok, i can stand this anymore, i have been experiencing this since my fist steps in windows 7, since windows 7 basic edition, spanish, then english then professional, then 64bit, in this computer, my mom's computer friends computers.... trying to share files with my phone, other phones other BT devices... always the same traumatic and frustrating experience.... i decide to avoid using BT, always find another solution, i sent it by email (with one device within inches from the other... but was easier) even private network direct transfer using wifi, EVEN infrared.... but always trying to avoid BT... but i just can stand it anymore, today i woke up very happy (as usual) this morning and my girlfriend asked me to put some pict i toke this past weekend in her phone... with all the delightful and comfortable temperature and smells of the morning around here... (i really was happy this morning) i decide to use BT, first file worked flawlessly...
    but the next file: the same error since my beginning in windows 7
    "windows was unable to
    transfer some files an invalid argument was supplied...."

    i am tired of this... can anyone help me with this?

    linux, (all distros) work fine, windows xp too... but not win 7
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 6,741
    W7 Pro x64 SP1 | W10 Pro IP x64 | W8.1 Pro x64 VM | Linux Mint VM
       #2

    You do have the latest bluetooth drivers for your PC? Please update your system specs. Assuming you have, try:

    Click Start

    Type " services.msc " (without the quote marks) choose Services Local then scroll down the list until you see Bluetooth Support Service. Right click on it. Stop the process and start it again.

    Why sharing over bluetooth is so awful?-capture.jpg
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 204
    widnows 7 professional 32 bits
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Hi!

    yes i tried that. and i have the latest driver
    and also i had the latest drivers in all the other pc i have tried before
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 6,458
    x64 (6.3.9600) Win8.1 Pro & soon dual boot x64 (6.1.7601) Win7_SP1 HomePrem
       #4

    Two things to try


    Start and restart the bluettoth service
    • Start menu > search services.msc > select services from the search results
    • Services Local
      • Scroll down to: Bluetooth Support Service
      • Right click opens the service dialog
        • Stop the service
        • Start the service
    Why sharing over bluetooth is so awful?-74msbt.png


    If that worked, great, if not then check the HW mfgr for an updated driver, download and install.

    Bill
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 4,287
    W10 Pro desktop, W11 laptop, W11 Pro tablet (all 64-bit)
       #5

    Instead of using Bluetooth (which can be problematic as you discovered), install DropBox on your phone and PC. You can get a free DropBox account and you can share the pics (and other files) from your phone with others very easily.

    I just did a test where I transferred a .5MB picture of my puppy from my phone to my laptop using BT, then tried transferring the same pic from my phone to my DropBox account which was then synced to my laptop. The DropBox transfer was simpler since I only needed to tap 1 button and the transfer took about half as long as the BT transfer.

    If interested, send me a PM with your email addy and I can send you an invite to DropBox which will result in both of us receiving an extra 500MB of online storage.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 204
    widnows 7 professional 32 bits
    Thread Starter
       #6

    Slartybart said:
    Two things to try


    Start and restart the bluettoth service
    • Start menu > search services.msc > select services from the search results
    • Services Local
      • Scroll down to: Bluetooth Support Service
      • Right click opens the service dialog
        • Stop the service
        • Start the service



    Why sharing over bluetooth is so awful?-74msbt.png


    If that worked, great, if not then check the HW mfgr for an updated driver, download and install.

    Bill

    that is exactly what "Boozad" suggested me.. and i already answered that..

    do you guys really think is driver problem after i have tied different hardwares in different machines....?
    just being curious
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 204
    widnows 7 professional 32 bits
    Thread Starter
       #7

    strollin said:
    Instead of using Bluetooth (which can be problematic as you discovered), install DropBox on your phone and PC. You can get a free DropBox account and you can share the pics (and other files) from your phone with others very easily.

    I just did a test where I transferred a .5MB picture of my puppy from my phone to my laptop using BT, then tried transferring the same pic from my phone to my DropBox account which was then synced to my laptop. The DropBox transfer was simpler since I only needed to tap 1 button and the transfer took about half as long as the BT transfer.

    If interested, send me a PM with your email addy and I can send you an invite to DropBox which will result in both of us receiving an extra 500MB of online storage.
    I appreciate your invitation, i really do!
    i will consider it.
    but by now what i am seeing is that everyday the direct communication between devices are getting harder and more difficult/troubleshooter... the big brothers are working really hard to get us to get used that all communication with other devices must be done through their hands.....

    the only down point i have with dropbox... is that...it is internet dependent.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 6,458
    x64 (6.3.9600) Win8.1 Pro & soon dual boot x64 (6.1.7601) Win7_SP1 HomePrem
       #8

    Yeah, sorry 'bout that. I was working on the image when Boozad posted.
    kharl said:
    Slartybart said:
    Two things to try...Bill
    that is exactly what "Boozad" suggested me.. and i already answered that..
    do you guys really think is driver problem after i have tied different hardwares in different machines....? just being curious
    Yeah, a driver might improve things, check the mfrs site for an update, if available->download and install.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 4,287
    W10 Pro desktop, W11 laptop, W11 Pro tablet (all 64-bit)
       #9

    kharl said:
    ... the only down point i have with dropbox... is that...it is internet dependent.
    I understand about not wanting to rely on the internet. I don't know about you, but my phone has access to the internet more often than it is in close enough proximity to my laptop to do a BT transfer!
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 6,458
    x64 (6.3.9600) Win8.1 Pro & soon dual boot x64 (6.1.7601) Win7_SP1 HomePrem
       #10

    Take a look at this: [Solve] Bluetooth File Transfer Not Completed

    It essentially guides you through two scenarios
    • the devices aren't paired (you said yours were, so skip this and scroll down to For Connected Devices)
    • removing a connected device in Bluetooth CP
      • pair the device to Windows again.
    It might be advantageous to initiate the pairing from Windows using "send to..." Bluetooth device. It shouldn't matter.... but
      My Computer


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:02.
Find Us