Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Wireless keyboard&headset both stop working randomly for 2 seconds

20 Dec 2013   #1
Mrarroyo

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 
Wireless keyboard&headset both stop working randomly for 2 seconds

I use a Turtle Beach EarForce PX3 (wireless headset) and a wireless Logitech keyboard. After using my computer for a while (few hrs.), my keyboard and headset both 'freeze up' for about 2 seconds every few minutes. My keyboard will act as if my finger is still on the button I was pressing (if I was pressing one) and my headset (both speakers and mic) stop working during these 2 seconds. I used to think it was just my headset until I recently started using a wireless keyboard. I also use a netgear wireless USB adapter. Another thing: my internet connection does not go out during this time as far as I am aware. Does anyone know how I can fix this? (I'm not that good at explaining things, please ask if you need a better explanation of something)


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
20 Dec 2013   #2
matts6887

Windows 7 ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Mrarroyo View Post
I use a Turtle Beach EarForce PX3 (wireless headset) and a wireless Logitech keyboard. After using my computer for a while (few hrs.), my keyboard and headset both 'freeze up' for about 2 seconds every few minutes. My keyboard will act as if my finger is still on the button I was pressing (if I was pressing one) and my headset (both speakers and mic) stop working during these 2 seconds. I used to think it was just my headset until I recently started using a wireless keyboard. I also use a netgear wireless USB adapter. Another thing: my internet connection does not go out during this time as far as I am aware. Does anyone know how I can fix this? (I'm not that good at explaining things, please ask if you need a better explanation of something)
this sounds like a issue(s) I have also had before. And to me the part where you say its freezing up after about 2 minutes; sounds like it could be a "too much cpu usage issue". Which means there are too many things running in the background and not enough processor and or ram to power it properly. This could also be a windows driver(s) issue. I might try and reinstall the drivers for these devices and see if that doesnt help resolve it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Dec 2013   #3
Mrarroyo

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by matts6887 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Mrarroyo View Post
I use a Turtle Beach EarForce PX3 (wireless headset) and a wireless Logitech keyboard. After using my computer for a while (few hrs.), my keyboard and headset both 'freeze up' for about 2 seconds every few minutes. My keyboard will act as if my finger is still on the button I was pressing (if I was pressing one) and my headset (both speakers and mic) stop working during these 2 seconds. I used to think it was just my headset until I recently started using a wireless keyboard. I also use a netgear wireless USB adapter. Another thing: my internet connection does not go out during this time as far as I am aware. Does anyone know how I can fix this? (I'm not that good at explaining things, please ask if you need a better explanation of something)
this sounds like a issue(s) I have also had before. And to me the part where you say its freezing up after about 2 minutes; sounds like it could be a "too much cpu usage issue". Which means there are too many things running in the background and not enough processor and or ram to power it properly. This could also be a windows driver(s) issue. I might try and reinstall the drivers for these devices and see if that doesnt help resolve it.
I don't think that will help. I think its some service that connects to everything that uses a specific type of wireless that shuts down or something...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

20 Dec 2013   #4
matts6887

Windows 7 ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Mrarroyo View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by matts6887 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Mrarroyo View Post
I use a Turtle Beach EarForce PX3 (wireless headset) and a wireless Logitech keyboard. After using my computer for a while (few hrs.), my keyboard and headset both 'freeze up' for about 2 seconds every few minutes. My keyboard will act as if my finger is still on the button I was pressing (if I was pressing one) and my headset (both speakers and mic) stop working during these 2 seconds. I used to think it was just my headset until I recently started using a wireless keyboard. I also use a netgear wireless USB adapter. Another thing: my internet connection does not go out during this time as far as I am aware. Does anyone know how I can fix this? (I'm not that good at explaining things, please ask if you need a better explanation of something)
this sounds like a issue(s) I have also had before. And to me the part where you say its freezing up after about 2 minutes; sounds like it could be a "too much cpu usage issue". Which means there are too many things running in the background and not enough processor and or ram to power it properly. This could also be a windows driver(s) issue. I might try and reinstall the drivers for these devices and see if that doesnt help resolve it.
I don't think that will help. I think its some service that connects to everything that uses a specific type of wireless that shuts down or something...
I can tell ya it is definitely a possible driver issue. As i said before; I have experience this myself with devices "briefly freezing" like you describe so it may work. Also try checking the website of whatever company made your wireless keyboard for the proper software/driver package for it. Sometimes though windows update will already have updated drivers for it. I would still try this and see what happens.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Wireless keyboard&headset both stop working randomly for 2 seconds




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Keyboard and Mouse stop working randomly.
They just stop, they don't turn off, they aren't disconnected, the computer still running fine, nothing unusual but the mouse and the keyboard. I don't think this is a problem with the keyboard and mouse because until yesterday I it was a mouse only problem and I was going to buy a new one, but now...
Hardware & Devices
Mouse and Keyboard Randomly Stop Working
Hi, I've been recently having a few problems with my mouse and keyboard, generally it's the keyboard freezes, then my mouse goes (because I have a USB Hub incorporated into my keyboard and that's where my mouse is plugged in), this is really strange because I've been using the setup for over a...
Hardware & Devices
7 x64 mouse and keyboard randomly stop working.
As of lately my mouse and keyboard sometimes just stop working. It seems to happen more often while I'm playing games (but that's mostly what I do so not sure if that has anything to do with it :p). Usually before it happens I'll hear the usb sound and the mouse will disconnect and reconnect and...
Hardware & Devices
Keyboard and mouse randomly stop working
My PC won't go into sleep mode either automatically or manually so I just leave it on all day (the screen will go off at the pre-determined time though). However, that's not my issue as I've learned to live with it. I'm just mentioning it because it could be related to the following issue that just...
BSOD Help and Support
Mouse and or keyboard randomly stop working
Hello everyone I have been having a rather annoying issue for a while now. This mostly happens on start up and once desktop loads up either my USB mouse freezes or my keyboard doesn't work or sometimes BOTH. My keyboard is a PS/2 Keyboard. It seems the only solution when both freeze at the same...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:35.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App