Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: TCPIP Connection patch ????

09 Feb 2009   #31
Chappy

Vista Ult 64bit - Windows 7 Ult 7264 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by LordTakyon
great if they are there to be had LOL
No argument there..

I can get 500 kBps from 3 seeders and then 45kbps from 100 of them. I think the longest my client took to build a good swarm was 8 or 10 minutes, which I don't really mind the time. The speeds are so subjective to so many different factors, it's almost impossible to know just what kind of speeds you should see.
I can take a 500MB file and start it, let the swarm build, and watch the speeds change from 100's to under 10 kBps within seconds, and then jump to 500 again a few minutes later. The swarm size doesn't change (too much) so how do we know that any changes we make have made a difference (truly) with such fluctuations?
All I know for sure is this, that limit has no effect on how many established connections you can have, and therefore cannot adversely affect speeds. I guess as long as the patch you're using doesn't kill the stack like the 64bit edition does, then if you feel it helps..go 4 it. But DO stay away from the 64bit patches as they fail the system file signature check run during bootup and causes a dead system.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
09 Feb 2009   #32
TripOG

windows 7 X64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
No argument there..

I can get 500 kBps from 3 seeders and then 45kbps from 100 of them. I think the longest my client took to build a good swarm was 8 or 10 minutes, which I don't really mind the time. The speeds are so subjective to so many different factors, it's almost impossible to know just what kind of speeds you should see.
I can take a 500MB file and start it, let the swarm build, and watch the speeds change from 100's to under 10 kBps within seconds, and then jump to 500 again a few minutes later. The swarm size doesn't change (too much) so how do we know that any changes we make have made a difference (truly) with such fluctuations?
All I know for sure is this, that limit has no effect on how many established connections you can have, and therefore cannot adversely affect speeds. I guess as long as the patch you're using doesn't kill the stack like the 64bit edition does, then if you feel it helps..go 4 it. But DO stay away from the 64bit patches as they fail the system file signature check run during bootup and causes a dead system.
if your talking about the 64 bit patch i posted it does not kill the system i know because i installed it on friends 64bit vista and 7 and it has never broke any os, you must not of followed the directions... or else your talking about some other patch.

i encourage anyone who wants to get the most out of their connection for p2p/torrents to install tcp-z and yes configure your torrent client for the patch aswell. read the readme before installation theres a reason its included.

x86/x64
http://soft3.wmzhe.com/download/deep...Z_20090108.zip

if you think your isp is throttling your torrent speeds.. test it here
http://broadband.mpi-sws.org/transpa...ttest-mlab.php
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Feb 2009   #33
LordTakyon

Windows 7 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
No argument there..

I can get 500 kBps from 3 seeders and then 45kbps from 100 of them. I think the longest my client took to build a good swarm was 8 or 10 minutes, which I don't really mind the time. The speeds are so subjective to so many different factors, it's almost impossible to know just what kind of speeds you should see.
I can take a 500MB file and start it, let the swarm build, and watch the speeds change from 100's to under 10 kBps within seconds, and then jump to 500 again a few minutes later. The swarm size doesn't change (too much) so how do we know that any changes we make have made a difference (truly) with such fluctuations?
All I know for sure is this, that limit has no effect on how many established connections you can have, and therefore cannot adversely affect speeds. I guess as long as the patch you're using doesn't kill the stack like the 64bit edition does, then if you feel it helps..go 4 it. But DO stay away from the 64bit patches as they fail the system file signature check run during bootup and causes a dead system.
That is my point though, a fast connection and a relatively moderate sized file can be done in a matter of minutes with the patch. I completely understand it changes nothing regarding how many established connections you can have, this patch just lets you get there quicker and I think that is what I notice initially.

Just for the record, I have 64bit and the patch broke nothing for me.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

10 Feb 2009   #34
Chappy

Vista Ult 64bit - Windows 7 Ult 7264 64bit
 
 

That is where you will notice any diff LT. I can't say I've really seen a big difference (I did try it with Vista 32bit) but when I went 64bit it was a system killer, and for a great many folks. They must have fixed it so that it passes the system check. Once I dug deeper into what the limit was and did, I just dropped it altogether and have never seen any horrendous slowdowns by leaving it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Feb 2009   #35
LordTakyon

Windows 7 64bit
 
 

It is kind of reminiscent of of my old WIN 98 days, some tweaks work well for some, but do nothing good for others. I remember the settings I used to modify would often just break other people connections LOL
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Feb 2009   #36
TripOG

windows 7 X64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
That is where you will notice any diff LT. I can't say I've really seen a big difference (I did try it with Vista 32bit) but when I went 64bit it was a system killer, and for a great many folks. They must have fixed it so that it passes the system check. Once I dug deeper into what the limit was and did, I just dropped it altogether and have never seen any horrendous slowdowns by leaving it.
i take it you didnt read the readme because you disable system checks before your install.
most problems can be avoided by actually reading the read me and installing things properly
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Feb 2009   #37
Chappy

Vista Ult 64bit - Windows 7 Ult 7264 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TripOG View Post
i take it you didnt read the readme because you disable system checks before your install.
most problems can be avoided by actually reading the read me and installing things properly
LOL!!

Matters not, the file is useless, and yes, the system checks were disabled beforehand BTW.
TCP/IP patching is a Smoke & mirrors "feel good" patch for those who do not know how the limit works.
Problems come when people start hacking system files when no hack is needed, simply because they don't understand what it is they're trying to fix. Avoiding useless hacks is the best way to avoid problems IMO (and many others I would say)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Feb 2009   #38
win7

Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 x64 Windows 8 Enterprise RTM x64
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Feb 2009   #39
Digger

XP/win7 x86 build 7127
 
 

This is a Utorrent issue... many ppl around are complaining about the 1.82 build..... its a beta, which is installed on a beta OS, using alot of beta ipv6/toredo support...

This is software related, not internet/network related IMO.... and also not a TCP/IP max connections issue internally with windows, as most routers have a limit on them as well, and hold on to "dead" connections for way too long, some over 48 hours.... google it all, its on there somewheres... and have a look on the utorrent forum troubleshooting the 1.82 bug build... most have went back to 1.81.... you can still enable utorrent protocol in that program in the advance settings... all this on their forum... not also to mention what other settings you could be using with the program, DHT local discovery etc
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Jun 2009   #40
TripOG

windows 7 X64
 
 

dunno if this has been posted so i figured id go way back and post it in this old school thread

was just reading vista sp2 and windows 7 newer builds have removed the half open connection limit

How to enable the half-open TCP connections limit in Windows Vista with Service Pack 2 and in Windows Server 2008 with Service Pack 2

so no more need for tcp-z n all the others
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 TCPIP Connection patch ????




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Office 2010 sp2 patch should be in Dec Patch tuesday
as per this website Susan Bradley states I got word back as follows: Outlook 2010 Calendar Folder property is empty - Microsoft Community As of now, the product group has consolidated similar cases and currently working on the fix for the Event 27 issue, which is planned for the...
Microsoft Office
tcpip.sys BSOD , how do i fix this?
This BSOD caused by driver "tcpip.sys" happened to me today in the middle of a BF3 game. Anyone know what caused this and how i can fix it?
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD's after adding RAM [ tcpip.sys ] [ error:tcpip+7a6cc ]
Bsod's started since i added a 4gb ddr3 RAM(1333MHZ ddr3 corsair single stick) to my board which already has 2 more sticks of 2gb each(1333MHZ, ddr3 , kingston) They happen every few hours... I reinstalled(removed and installed) network driver thrice.(didnt reboot the system though) I...
BSOD Help and Support
GTA IV patch 1.0.6.0 & patch 7 install errors
ive recently had to re-install GTA Iv and now the patches wont install!, i keep getting this error message:- http://www.btinternet.com/~borgdronex//GTAIV.jpg this is the error log: Launching Title Update: "F:\Win7 Storage Area51\Internet Extractions\UpdateTitle.exe" /selflaunch ...
Gaming
Windows 7 tcpip.sys Auto Patcher to Remove TCP/IP Connection Limit
All version of windows has typical network related file tcpip.sys which has a half connection limit in itself, which doesn’t allow more than 10 half open connections to be made simultaneously. This has been designed to make your connections more stable and your network more responsive to all...
Network & Sharing
Microsoft issues first Windows 7 beta patch But it skips SMB patch not critical
Microsoft issues first Windows 7 beta patch But it skips offering SMB patch because it's not critical Microsoft Corp. today issued its first patch for the just-released Windows 7 beta, but passed on plugging a hole in an important...
News


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:58.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App