Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Internet working everywhere but the browsers!?

29 Jan 2014   #1
ironmaiden96

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 
Internet working everywhere but the browsers!?

Hey!
I am, as you can tell by the title, experiencing some internet issues with my web browsers.
Here's the deal: Every program that uses internet works just fine, though there might be a slight delay connecting at first, but they're working (ex. Skype, Origin, Windows Mail App). However, the browsers are barely loading any pages or not loading at all. If I'm lucky it will load but it takes such a long time! But most of the times it just gives up. I dunno wtf is wrong. I can chat with my friends on skype, talk and play online games samontainously but i can't load up fricking Facebook? Waaat.
Also, all my other internet devices are working smoothly, downloaded a file a day ago on my ipad, which I'm using to write this on, at 1.5mb/s no probs at all. So I am really lost what the problem might be. Here's what I've tried that ppl told on other forums that hasn't worked:

-Restarting PC, seems to work for around 20-30mins but then the shit is back suddenly and nothing loads...
Scanning for malware using both Spybot and Malwarebytes (Full scan) Nothing found
Scanning for viruses using F-Secure internet security, none found
Running CHKDSK in command prompt, no problems found
Running ipconfig /renew, no change
Running ipconfig /flushdns, no change
Running netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt, seemed to solve it but only for 30mins or so, prolly coz of the restart
Running netsh winsock reset, same as above
Disabling the bonjour service and restart, same as above
Booting in Safe Mode with networking, browsing and everything worked flawlessly, booted back to regular mode where it worked for 30min and...
Disabling ipv6 protocol, no change
Setting my ipv4 settings to obtain automatically, no change
Running Advanced SystemCare Pro's diskcleaner and regcleaner, no change
Clearing internet cache, cookies, history, no change
Scanning for fragments, none

So as you see I've tried a lot of stuff. This is my last resort basically. If anyone have any idea what might be causing this problem, please, leave a comment! I really need your help! I haven't installed anything recently or anything so I don't know why all of a sudden I got this...

My specs:
Windows 8 Pro 64bit
asrock z77 pro3 mobo
intel i5 2500K
120GB Corsair GT3 SSD
500Gb hdd
2tb hdd
Nvidia GTX 660
8gb 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance LP RAM
Internet connected via cable to the router

Thanks in advance!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
29 Jan 2014   #2
crankypenguin

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Have you allowed the browsers in your firewall?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jan 2014   #3
chev65

Windows 7 Ult, Windows 8.1 Pro,
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ironmaiden96 View Post
Hey!
I am, as you can tell by the title, experiencing some internet issues with my web browsers.
Here's the deal: Every program that uses internet works just fine, though there might be a slight delay connecting at first, but they're working (ex. Skype, Origin, Windows Mail App). However, the browsers are barely loading any pages or not loading at all. If I'm lucky it will load but it takes such a long time! But most of the times it just gives up. I dunno wtf is wrong. I can chat with my friends on skype, talk and play online games samontainously but i can't load up fricking Facebook? Waaat.
Also, all my other internet devices are working smoothly, downloaded a file a day ago on my ipad, which I'm using to write this on, at 1.5mb/s no probs at all. So I am really lost what the problem might be. Here's what I've tried that ppl told on other forums that hasn't worked:

-Restarting PC, seems to work for around 20-30mins but then the shit is back suddenly and nothing loads...
Scanning for malware using both Spybot and Malwarebytes (Full scan) Nothing found
Scanning for viruses using F-Secure internet security, none found
Running CHKDSK in command prompt, no problems found
Running ipconfig /renew, no change
Running ipconfig /flushdns, no change
Running netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt, seemed to solve it but only for 30mins or so, prolly coz of the restart
Running netsh winsock reset, same as above
Disabling the bonjour service and restart, same as above
Booting in Safe Mode with networking, browsing and everything worked flawlessly, booted back to regular mode where it worked for 30min and...
Disabling ipv6 protocol, no change
Setting my ipv4 settings to obtain automatically, no change
Running Advanced SystemCare Pro's diskcleaner and regcleaner, no change
Clearing internet cache, cookies, history, no change
Scanning for fragments, none

So as you see I've tried a lot of stuff. This is my last resort basically. If anyone have any idea what might be causing this problem, please, leave a comment! I really need your help! I haven't installed anything recently or anything so I don't know why all of a sudden I got this...

My specs:
Windows 8 Pro 64bit
asrock z77 pro3 mobo
intel i5 2500K
120GB Corsair GT3 SSD
500Gb hdd
2tb hdd
Nvidia GTX 660
8gb 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance LP RAM
Internet connected via cable to the router

Thanks in advance!
If you can post a screen shot of the ipconfig/all it would be helpful. :)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

29 Jan 2014   #4
Layback Bear

Windows 10 Pro. 64/ version 1709 Windows 7 Pro/64
 
 

If I may. This could of caused all the problems.
From post #1

Quote:
Running Advanced SystemCare Pro's diskcleaner and regcleaner,
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jan 2014   #5
ironmaiden96

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by crankypenguin View Post
Have you allowed the browsers in your firewall?
Well I have never had any problems with the firewall. And it's surely allowed. I don't think the firewall suddenly has decided to block all my browsers.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ironmaiden96 View Post
Hey!
I am, as you can tell by the title, experiencing some internet issues with my web browsers.
Here's the deal: Every program that uses internet works just fine, though there might be a slight delay connecting at first, but they're working (ex. Skype, Origin, Windows Mail App). However, the browsers are barely loading any pages or not loading at all. If I'm lucky it will load but it takes such a long time! But most of the times it just gives up. I dunno wtf is wrong. I can chat with my friends on skype, talk and play online games samontainously but i can't load up fricking Facebook? Waaat.
Also, all my other internet devices are working smoothly, downloaded a file a day ago on my ipad, which I'm using to write this on, at 1.5mb/s no probs at all. So I am really lost what the problem might be. Here's what I've tried that ppl told on other forums that hasn't worked:

-Restarting PC, seems to work for around 20-30mins but then the shit is back suddenly and nothing loads...
Scanning for malware using both Spybot and Malwarebytes (Full scan) Nothing found
Scanning for viruses using F-Secure internet security, none found
Running CHKDSK in command prompt, no problems found
Running ipconfig /renew, no change
Running ipconfig /flushdns, no change
Running netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt, seemed to solve it but only for 30mins or so, prolly coz of the restart
Running netsh winsock reset, same as above
Disabling the bonjour service and restart, same as above
Booting in Safe Mode with networking, browsing and everything worked flawlessly, booted back to regular mode where it worked for 30min and...
Disabling ipv6 protocol, no change
Setting my ipv4 settings to obtain automatically, no change
Running Advanced SystemCare Pro's diskcleaner and regcleaner, no change
Clearing internet cache, cookies, history, no change
Scanning for fragments, none

So as you see I've tried a lot of stuff. This is my last resort basically. If anyone have any idea what might be causing this problem, please, leave a comment! I really need your help! I haven't installed anything recently or anything so I don't know why all of a sudden I got this...

My specs:
Windows 8 Pro 64bit
asrock z77 pro3 mobo
intel i5 2500K
120GB Corsair GT3 SSD
500Gb hdd
2tb hdd
Nvidia GTX 660
8gb 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance LP RAM
Internet connected via cable to the router

Thanks in advance!
If you can post a screen shot of the ipconfig/all it would be helpful. :)
Here it is man :)

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
If I may. This could of caused all the problems.
From post #1

Quote:
Running Advanced SystemCare Pro's diskcleaner and regcleaner,
I've heard these programs might cause issues like this but since I've had it for surely over half a year with no trouble I highly doubt it suddenly became a problem...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jan 2014   #6
chev65

Windows 7 Ult, Windows 8.1 Pro,
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ironmaiden96 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by crankypenguin View Post
Have you allowed the browsers in your firewall?
Well I have never had any problems with the firewall. And it's surely allowed. I don't think the firewall suddenly has decided to block all my browsers.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chev65 View Post

If you can post a screen shot of the ipconfig/all it would be helpful. :)
Here it is man :)

...
In this case I'd say that the virtual box is the cause of the problem. Uninstall it completely then test your browsers, let me know what happens.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jan 2014   #7
ironmaiden96

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ironmaiden96 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by crankypenguin View Post
Have you allowed the browsers in your firewall?
Well I have never had any problems with the firewall. And it's surely allowed. I don't think the firewall suddenly has decided to block all my browsers.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chev65 View Post

If you can post a screen shot of the ipconfig/all it would be helpful. :)
Here it is man :)

...
In this case I'd say that the virtual box is the cause of the problem. Uninstall it completely then test your browsers, let me know what happens.
It's now gone but I don't think that was causing the problem though since no change now and no problems before...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jan 2014   #8
chev65

Windows 7 Ult, Windows 8.1 Pro,
 
 

If it worked in safe mode then something installed on the system like anti virus software or something else is causing the DNS problem. You can usually fix this through process of elimination.

In the mean time run the ipreset file below which will reset the network stack entirely.


Attached Files
File Type: zip IPResetALL.zip (33.6 KB, 1 views)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jan 2014   #9
ironmaiden96

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
If it worked in safe mode then something installed on the system like anti virus software or something else is causing the DNS problem. You can usually fix this through process of elimination.

In the mean time run the ipreset file below which will reset the network stack entirely.
I did run something like this before... But anyway I took my w8 usb stick and used the built in restore without losing files thing and now everything is back to normal :) Had to reinstall some programs and stuff but it was worth it :)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jan 2014   #10
chev65

Windows 7 Ult, Windows 8.1 Pro,
 
 

It's nice to know that feature works every now and then, hardly ever does, or I should say, hardly ever fixes anything without having consequences but I'm glad it worked in your case. :)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Internet working everywhere but the browsers!?




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Browsers not working, internet connection is fine
This problem just started today. I was browsing just fine early this afternoon but all of a sudden i couldn't connect to any websites at all. I've tried all my other browsers too. IE, Firefox, Chrome but none of them are working. The only site i was able to open is this forum. I know my internet...
Browsers & Mail
Connected to Internet, browsers not working
Windows 7, 64bit and using IE 11 and Firefox. Neither browser works. IE = Page can't be displayed. Firefox = Crash Reporter. I currently have it im my network. I can ping websites by name (i.e. google.com) and get responses just fine, I can run Windows updates and it communicates fine. ...
Browsers & Mail
Have internet but browsers don't work. Windows Explorer not working
I have windows 7 on a laptop that I am currently experiencing a lot of problems with. I was away for about 10 months and when I get home and use laptop to go online the browsers (chrome, ie, opera) all say that I'm not connected to internet. I pulled up a DOS prompt and am able to ping by both IP...
General Discussion
Browsers not working but computer is connected to the internet
Hello everyone. New to the forum. The title says it all regarding the issue I'm having. It started two days ago. I tried both IE & Firefox with no success. Our other laptop computer and all smartphones surf the net fine with no problem, it's just confined to one laptop. For security I use Eset...
Browsers & Mail
My internet browsers not working. stops after 20mins..
My internet only works after i reboot and stops after 20mins. Internet connection to the router is fine and programmes such as utorrent works fine but i simply cant browse with the internert browsers: Opera, I.E, Torch, Safari. Please help.
Browsers & Mail


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:48.
Twitter Facebook Google+