Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Wireless Problems

06 Feb 2009   #41
NosferatuX

Windows 7 Build 7048 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zillaamer7F View Post
Hi! Nosferatux
I just temporarily solved the issue!
As u can see in pic given below... Router Network Type is set to Adhoc... Now My both win7 machines connect to Router easily & I can browse the Network & Internet.
http://i42.tinypic.com/2jg6wj4.jpg
Thanks for your advice!
I will surely experiment more to rectify. But this "adhoc OK" & "else failed" really annoying!
That is great news!
I've spent hours trying to locate support for the model you provided, DW-110 and even went to www.alfa.com.tw and browsed though all their products and couldn't find anything about DW-110.

Can you please provide the exact Model number of your wireless router and manufacturer information?

I would want to examine your wireless router configurations to find out why "Ad-hoc" settings work.

Cheers


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
06 Feb 2009   #42
NosferatuX

Windows 7 Build 7048 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smooth1212 View Post
Hey Nosferatux, before I try and reconfigure my modem. I just noticed that my xp wireless is managed by intel not windows. Do I have this option with win 7? If so how do I change?
Hi smooth1212,

You can download the software and the user's manual for your wireless adapter here;

Intel® WiFi Link 5300 and Intel® WiFi Link 5100 products

I've read the manual and I don't think you'll have any problems following the instructions there.

You also might want to read up on this

Cheers
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Feb 2009   #43
NosferatuX

Windows 7 Build 7048 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by P4cha View Post
I did read it all and tried it too.

I have just one question. do you think that my problem can be in NAT, cuz its in working state in my router. should I try to connect to him with NAT off?
Hi P4cha,

Can you please provide more information about your wireless router (i.e. model number, manufacturer, etc.)?

It would also be grand to fill in your specs so we can diagnose your problems more effectively?

NAT is normally active by default. Configuring NAT to function more effectively is another story which in this case, I believe is not the case.

Once you've provided more information, I could take a look at it for yah and give you my thoughts.

Cheers
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

06 Feb 2009   #44
zillaamer7F

Windows 7 x64 RC1 & Windows 7 x86 build 7100
 
 

On its bottom tag its named Alfa Network Model: AIP-W608H. Wireless AP/Router.
I was also unable to find anything about this specific Router On their support Site...... I m sure its now phased out product....
DWA-110 was Dlink USB adapter. It is listed on Dlink site...

New thing is that on my windows7 only PC the Wireless Network Connection properties does not show the 2nd "Share" tab as in given snapshot..

I m using Administrator account.. Very strange!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Feb 2009   #45
P4cha

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NosferatuX View Post
Hi P4cha,

Can you please provide more information about your wireless router (i.e. model number, manufacturer, etc.)?

It would also be grand to fill in your specs so we can diagnose your problems more effectively?

NAT is normally active by default. Configuring NAT to function more effectively is another story which in this case, I believe is not the case.

Once you've provided more information, I could take a look at it for yah and give you my thoughts.

Cheers
well okay.

my router is Speedport W701V - link

my specs are:

Komponente Details Teilbewertung Gesamtbewertung Prozessor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz 5,9 4,4 Ergibt sich aus der niedrigsten Teilbewertung Arbeitsspeicher (RAM) 3,00 GB 4,4 Grafik NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 5,9 Grafik (Spiele) 1791 MB insgesamt verfügbarer Grafikspeicher 5,6 Primäre Festplatte 185GB frei (250GB Gesamt) 5,7 Windows Vista (TM) Home Premium
System Hersteller FUJITSU SIEMENS Modell MS-7504VP Gesamter Systemspeicher 3,00 GB RAM Systemtyp 32 Bit-Betriebssystem Anzahl der Prozessorkerne 4 64 Bit-fähig Ja Speicher Gesamtgröße der Festplatte(n) 454 GB Datenträgerpartition (C 185 GB frei (250 GB gesamt) Datenträgerpartition (D 45 GB frei (151 GB gesamt) Medienlaufwerk (E CD/DVD Medienlaufwerk (F CD/DVDCD/DVD Medienlaufwerk (L CD/DVDCD/DVDCD/DVD Datenträgerpartition (M 36 GB frei (54 GB gesamt) Grafiken Grafikkartentyp NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT Insgesamt verfügbarer Grafikspeicher 1791 MB Dedizierter Grafikspeicher 512 MB Dedizierter Systemarbeitsspeicher 0 MB Gemeinsam genutzter Systemspeicher 1279 MB Grafikkarten-Treiberversion 7.15.11.6921 Auflösung des primären Monitors 1680x1050 DirectX-Version DirectX 10 Netzwerk Netzwerkadapter Fujitsu Siemens Computers WLAN 802.11b/g (SiS163u) Netzwerkadapter Microsoft Tun-Miniportadapter

I have tried everything that you wrote in this Thread. but nothing works. I think that the main problem is with router, while Vista is connecting wireless without problem.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Feb 2009   #46
smooth1212

win 7
 
 

Hey Nosferatux -I'm trying to give the Intel proset wireless wifi connection utility a chance to run the wifi card before I try to reset the router here. I want to try this first since the router belongs to my land lady......dont want to rook the boat here over a beta win program.

I'm running into a problem here disableling win 7 protocols and then trying to start the Intel connection utility. Basically every time i try to disable win 7 wifi control I get a blue screen followed by a reboot. How I'm supposed to tell win 7 not to manage my wifi card. Got time for a remote access tonight?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Feb 2009   #47
NosferatuX

Windows 7 Build 7048 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smooth1212 View Post
Hey Nosferatux -I'm trying to give the Intel proset wireless wifi connection utility a chance to run the wifi card before I try to reset the router here. I want to try this first since the router belongs to my land lady......dont want to rook the boat here over a beta win program.

I'm running into a problem here disableling win 7 protocols and then trying to start the Intel connection utility. Basically every time i try to disable win 7 wifi control I get a blue screen followed by a reboot. How I'm supposed to tell win 7 not to manage my wifi card. Got time for a remote access tonight?
You can just reverse the steps outlined below (i.e.
Instead of setting it to "Automatic" you can set it to "Disabled") to disable Windows 7 from automatically managing your wireless connections


Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NosferatuX View Post
How do I start the Wireless/WLAN/Wireless Zero Configuration?

Windows 7 & Windows Vista
To start Wireless Zero Configuration in Windows 7/Vista you need to log in as an Administrator.

Click on Start and Control Panel
Select Administrative Tools and then Services
In the Services box scroll down the list of Services (Local) until you find the one labeled Wired AutoConfig and double click it.
In the Wired AutoConfig Properties (Local Computer) box change the Startup type to Automatic
Click on Start and once the service has started click on OK
Now find the service labeled WLAN AutoConfig and double click it.
In the WLAN AutoConfig Properties (Local Computer) box change the Startup type to Automatic
Click on Start and once the service has started click on OK
Go to File and Exit to close the Services window

Windows XP
Windows XP users must have Service Pack 2 installed to activate the Wireless Zero Configuration and log in as Administrator

Go to Start and Control Panel
Click on Administrative Tools and Services
In the Services box scroll down the list of Services (Local) until you find the one labeled Wireless Zero Configuration and double click it.
In the Wireless Zero Configuration Properties (Local Computer) box change the Startup type to Automatic
Click on Start and once the service has started click on OK
Now find the service labeled WLAN AutoConfig and double click on it
In the WLAN AutoConfig Properties (Local Computer) box change the Startup type to Automatic
Click on Start and once the service has started click on OK
Go to File and Exit to close the Services window
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Feb 2009   #48
NosferatuX

Windows 7 Build 7048 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by P4cha View Post
well okay.

my router is Speedport W701V - link

my specs are:

Komponente Details Teilbewertung Gesamtbewertung Prozessor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz 5,9 4,4 Ergibt sich aus der niedrigsten Teilbewertung Arbeitsspeicher (RAM) 3,00 GB 4,4 Grafik NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 5,9 Grafik (Spiele) 1791 MB insgesamt verfügbarer Grafikspeicher 5,6 Primäre Festplatte 185GB frei (250GB Gesamt) 5,7 Windows Vista (TM) Home Premium
System Hersteller FUJITSU SIEMENS Modell MS-7504VP Gesamter Systemspeicher 3,00 GB RAM Systemtyp 32 Bit-Betriebssystem Anzahl der Prozessorkerne 4 64 Bit-fähig Ja Speicher Gesamtgröße der Festplatte(n) 454 GB Datenträgerpartition (C 185 GB frei (250 GB gesamt) Datenträgerpartition (D 45 GB frei (151 GB gesamt) Medienlaufwerk (E CD/DVD Medienlaufwerk (F CD/DVDCD/DVD Medienlaufwerk (L CD/DVDCD/DVDCD/DVD Datenträgerpartition (M 36 GB frei (54 GB gesamt) Grafiken Grafikkartentyp NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT Insgesamt verfügbarer Grafikspeicher 1791 MB Dedizierter Grafikspeicher 512 MB Dedizierter Systemarbeitsspeicher 0 MB Gemeinsam genutzter Systemspeicher 1279 MB Grafikkarten-Treiberversion 7.15.11.6921 Auflösung des primären Monitors 1680x1050 DirectX-Version DirectX 10 Netzwerk Netzwerkadapter Fujitsu Siemens Computers WLAN 802.11b/g (SiS163u) Netzwerkadapter Microsoft Tun-Miniportadapter

I have tried everything that you wrote in this Thread. but nothing works. I think that the main problem is with router, while Vista is connecting wireless without problem.
Please verify and review the setup guide for your Wireless Router here.

Check out this link for the firmware upgrade for your model here

Unfortunately, my knowledge of german language is close to nil
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Feb 2009   #49
smooth1212

win 7
 
 

Nosferatux, it appears win 7 has lost control now that i disabled it, but Intel utility has not taken full control yet. the intel program is turned on in the service window. But I cant bring up a window to configure it. I know once it takes control I will get the intel connection icon...which has not appeared yet

got time to remote access my notebook and help me out?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Feb 2009   #50
P4cha

Windows 7
 
 

I know all that what you have gave me. and I have the latest driver possible.

I belive that mine main problem is with NAT on my router. cuz NAT is some kind of firewall and it has in it 3 mac adresses.

pic


last one is for WLAN adapter
second adress is from Nvidia nForce Networking Controller

I belive that the first one is from my IPTV

and off course one is from my PS3 but there is not here. but I have another pic with adress from my PS3.

I belive that is the main problem.

and sudenlly when I try to connect over my wireless it said that my key is not good. and when I enter my router and see WEP2 key is the same one.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Wireless Problems




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Wireless Problems
Hello, I have a laptop that is no more than 4 months old and for the first month or two it worked perfectly but I have been experiencing problems with my wifi. I have done a lot of research on this to no avail. The problem is that I can be connected for days and days with no problem but then...
Network & Sharing
Wireless Network Problems
So here's the scoop. Last night everything worked fine, my desktop was hooked up to my tv and sitting next to it on the floor (has a rosewill Rosewill RNX-N180PCe adapter) Anyways, didn't have any problems with connection or speed, everything seemed fine. Today i get my monitor in, so i hook...
Network & Sharing
Anyone else having wireless problems suddenly?
Hi everyone. Since yesterday both my home PC and my work laptop (both completely independant of each other in different cities and both running Windows 7) have the same wireless problem: they can't automatically connect to their usual respective routers and when you bring up the wireless networks...
Network & Sharing
Wireless Problems
Hi there, I am currently trying to fix an HP G6000 running Vista HP 32bit. I cannot get the wireless to work and was wondering if I could get some help. I think the service is not starting, it's not showing up in the network connections. Also there is a switch for it on the front of the...
Network & Sharing
Wireless mouse problems
Hello. I'm having problems with my logitech cordless wireless mouse. The mouse has worked fine for the couple months I've had this computer and a few years I had my last computer. Recently, the mouse stopped working. When I plug in the hand receiver most of the time nothing happens but sometimes a...
Hardware & Devices
Win 7 wireless problems
Sooo I have raked the internets for a solution, lots of suggestions tat work for some and not for iothers, everything i've tried seems to have failed. tried the randomly assigned network address change as detailed in the top post on this forum, tried ipconfig /release / renew etc etc. On my...
Network & Sharing


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:57.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App