Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: xbox one connection

25 Dec 2016   #11
drmax

W7 premium 64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chitownbob View Post
Whoops. Your router should have a section on logging. From there you should be able to tell which IP is connecting to xbox live. You may need to turn it on. You can test it yourself by going into xbox, noting time, connecting, then checking router logs for that time.
I will need to find that log. I had seen it I think. I thought simply by using the mac addy would have locked it. It had worked on a iPod that way


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
25 Dec 2016   #12
drmax

W7 premium 64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chitownbob View Post
Third time. Have you removed ICS from laptops and PCs.?
No. Pc and laptop are password protected and he does not use those anyway. Unless I am missing something then this is not a problem
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Dec 2016   #13
chitownbob

windows 7 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by drmax View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chitownbob View Post
Whoops. Your router should have a section on logging. From there you should be able to tell which IP is connecting to xbox live. You may need to turn it on. You can test it yourself by going into xbox, noting time, connecting, then checking router logs for that time.
I will need to find that log. I had seen it I think. I thought simply by using the mac addy would have locked it. It had worked on a iPod that way
In theory yes. But you claim it is not working. I assume because you have seen him still on it? The log should confirm something like source 192.168.1.6 connect www.live
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by drmax View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chitownbob View Post
Whoops. Your router should have a section on logging. From there you should be able to tell which IP is connecting to xbox live. You may need to turn it on. You can test it yourself by going into xbox, noting time, connecting, then checking router logs for that time.
I will need to find that log. I had seen it I think. I thought simply by using the mac addy would have locked it. It had worked on a iPod that way
In theory yes. But you claim it is not working. I assume because you have seen him still on it? The log should confirm something like source 192.168.1.6 connect www.xbox.live.com

Here is an interesting post
Blocking Xbox Live - Linksys Community
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

25 Dec 2016   #14
drmax

W7 premium 64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chitownbob View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by drmax View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chitownbob View Post
Whoops. Your router should have a section on logging. From there you should be able to tell which IP is connecting to xbox live. You may need to turn it on. You can test it yourself by going into xbox, noting time, connecting, then checking router logs for that time.
I will need to find that log. I had seen it I think. I thought simply by using the mac addy would have locked it. It had worked on a iPod that way
In theory yes. But you claim it is not working. I assume because you have seen him still on it? The log should confirm something like source 192.168.1.6 connect www.live
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by drmax View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chitownbob View Post
Whoops. Your router should have a section on logging. From there you should be able to tell which IP is connecting to xbox live. You may need to turn it on. You can test it yourself by going into xbox, noting time, connecting, then checking router logs for that time.
I will need to find that log. I had seen it I think. I thought simply by using the mac addy would have locked it. It had worked on a iPod that way
In theory yes. But you claim it is not working. I assume because you have seen him still on it? The log should confirm something like source 192.168.1.6 connect www.xbox.live.com

Here is an interesting post
Blocking Xbox Live - Linksys Community
Yep, he still using it. I'll look for that log tomorrow. Plan is to use teamviwer and remote access router when need be
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Dec 2016   #15
drmax

W7 premium 64
 
 

i found event log and system log. i don't see anything that says www.live..... I'll have to clear the logs, then look tomorrow when he is connected, to ck this out. Just now reading up on ICS. Had no idea of this. I will look into this. Laptop is always powered off. PC is usually powered off. The router is plugged into smart tv. Can the Samsung smart tv provide ICS? If so that is the culprit
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Dec 2016   #16
drmax

W7 premium 64
 
 
found it

Ok. Did what asked of. Cleared all logs. Turned on xbox 1. Found the mac address under "firewall" log. Odd, this mac address is different from the one listed in the device list, nor is it listed anywhere that I can see, even after any refresh. But I added the address in the blocked list and enabled it. My main PC, the ICS box was not checked. Why wouldn't the address be listed? Its the only xbox 1 that was ever listed. Now, I do run another xbox 360, but it is mine...and is never left plugged into the system. Only when I use it, is when it is plugged in. I'll ck the log and see what address pops up, when I turn that unit on.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Dec 2016   #17
drmax

W7 premium 64
 
 

what does this mean....
INF 2016-12-26T07:32:57-05:00 hurl host=prov.samsungcloudsolution.com uri=/openapi/provisioning hijacked
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Dec 2016   #18
drmax

W7 premium 64
 
 

also, what does this mean? When I turn on the xbox 1, the event pops this up....
INF 2016-12-26T07:45:30-05:00 sys Node 192.168.1.71 is down
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Dec 2016   #19
drmax

W7 premium 64
 
 

also, the firewall log does not show that mac address anymore. I only had it happen one time.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Dec 2016   #20
drmax

W7 premium 64
 
 

here is what the xbox one is showing under lan details.
Connection Type
Wi-Fi (802.11) Frequency 5 GHz Usage User1 IP Address 192.168.1.77
fe80::7c72:b545:de1a:d675
2602:30a:2cd9:ae30:7c72:b545:de1a:d675 LAN IP Address Allocation DHCP IP Address Type Private (NAT) Hardware Address 4c:0b:be:73:51:b4 SSID ATT62rdA8D Status On
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 xbox one connection




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Need help bridging xbox 360 to laptop for xbox live connection.
hello, i hope someone can help me as i have spent countless hours browsing the web and different forums for an answer, so i am finally posting somewhere hoping someone can help me directly. i have a laptop connected to my neighbors xfinity wifi hotspot, using my uncles login information. i have...
Network & Sharing
Can't bridge connection to xbox 360? :(
I did everything I was supposed to do. (made a network bridge between my xbox and my laptops wifi) My computer says it is succesfull but my xbox and my bros xbox will not connect. why is it doing this? any advise?:(
Network & Sharing
problem with xbox 360 connection
Hi there. i used to have an xbox 360 arcade untill it got the RROD =[ so today i decided to go out and buy the new xbox 360 slim. everything is fine, connected to the wireless internet using built in device... and then it came to connecting to the Windows Media Center. i go through the...
Media Center
WMC crashes on connection to Xbox 360
Hi, I am currently trying to setup WMC on my Xbox 360, but while adding an extender on the PC, I get past the part where it locates the files and goes onto the screen where it wants to optimise the connection but I never get past here, because as soon as the Xbox 360 starts entering WMC while...
Media Center
Connection problems with PC to Xbox.
Okay so i don't know what happened, but about a week and a half ago my xbox connected with my computer no problem, now my computer wont stream anything, nor will my xbox even pick up that its on the network anymore, though it pick up another PC on my network just fine. Help? :cry:
Network & Sharing
Xbox 360 Connection Issues
My pc is not listed when I test connection on the 360. When I try to view a map via my laptop i get the message "windows cannot discover any computer or device." In homegroup my 360 is allowed, well all devices are allowed and I checked in services my windows network sharing or something like that...
Network & Sharing


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:56.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App