Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: How can you se if surveillance you?

01 Mar 2017   #11
Jager1112

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Yes panda antivirus have a fire wall! I shut it down and use windows fire wall


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
01 Mar 2017   #12
Jager1112

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Only have family simple controler dont know if i have bluethoot?


Attached Images
How can you se if surveillance you?-network.png 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Mar 2017   #13
Jager1112

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

I run ipconfig
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

01 Mar 2017   #14
Jager1112

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Ipconfig
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Mar 2017   #15
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Quote:
Yes panda antivirus have a fire wall! I shut it down and use windows fire wall
Ok Jager now I don't know why you chose to do that because I personally think the paid for security firewalls are better than the Windows feature because they are an integral part of the total security program - but that choice is yours at least there is a firewall in place.

Now the ipconfig listings are a bit beyond me and if I were you I would blot out the ipconfig numbers when posting stuff like that - just to make sure you remain anonymous. But I stand to be corrected on that.
See my pic for what bits I think you should be blotting out in part or total.

To do that is easy if you use this How to Use the Snipping Tool in Vista
when done save the snip to say your desktop or wherever you choose then use this Screenshot with Paint then just save what you have edited with paint.
So > Snip > save to wherever you want > then retrieve that pic > right click > open with Paint and make changes such as arrows etc to the pic and you can make those changes in whatever colour you wish.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Mar 2017   #16
Callender

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

A couple of tips:

Net Share Monitor - Free Network Shared File Monitoring Software | www.SecurityXploded.com - lets you know if anyone is accessing your files. Portable version included.

Disable administrative shares: Disable administrative shares in Windows 10, Windows 8 and Windows 7 - Winaero - but not if you actually need to share files.

Wireless Network Watcher: Wireless Network Watcher - Show who is connected to your wireless network

Run on demand and check MAC addresses. If any show up other than your own MAC address someone else is connecting.

A quick way of checking for processes that might be spying on you:

SpyDetectFree – WorkTime
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Mar 2017   #17
Jager1112

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICIT2LOL View Post
Ok Jager now I don't know why you chose to do that because I personally think the paid for security firewalls are better than the Windows feature because they are an integral part of the total security program - but that choice is yours at least there is a firewall in place.

Now the ipconfig listings are a bit beyond me and if I were you I would blot out the ipconfig numbers when posting stuff like that - just to make sure you remain anonymous. But I stand to be corrected on that.
See my pic for what bits I think you should be blotting out in part or total.

To do that is easy if you use this How to Use the Snipping Tool in Vista
when done save the snip to say your desktop or wherever you choose then use this Screenshot with Paint then just save what you have edited with paint.
So > Snip > save to wherever you want > then retrieve that pic > right click > open with Paint and make changes such as arrows etc to the pic and you can make those changes in whatever colour you wish.
Hey no the panda was a free version i deleted the ipconfig!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Mar 2017   #18
Jager1112

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Callender View Post
A couple of tips:

Net Share Monitor - Free Network Shared File Monitoring Software | www.SecurityXploded.com - lets you know if anyone is accessing your files. Portable version included.

Disable administrative shares: Disable administrative shares in Windows 10, Windows 8 and Windows 7 - Winaero - but not if you actually need to share files.

Wireless Network Watcher: Wireless Network Watcher - Show who is connected to your wireless network

Run on demand and check MAC addresses. If any show up other than your own MAC address someone else is connecting.

A quick way of checking for processes that might be spying on you:

SpyDetectFree WorkTime
Thank you!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Mar 2017   #19
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Quote:
Hey no the panda was a free version i deleted the ipconfig!
Right you seem to be sorted now I am assuming and if you want a good free AV then there are plenty in this
Free Windows Desktop Software Security List - Realtime Protection | Gizmo's Freeware
However I would advise you against using AVG, McAfee, Baidu, Ad-Adaware, and Comodo (only because it is a terrible nagger)
I have tested out Bitdefender, Avast,Avira, MSE, Sophos, and Panda and out of those I would if I were not using a paid for version of Kaspersky run Bitdefender, Avast, and Avira in that order. I mentioned the Kaspersky only because I have used it for over six years now and as well as being an excellent AV is also very cheap to run at approx $0.035 a day and that is just about free (currently) and one gets the extra benefits.
The choice is yours as always.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Mar 2017   #20
Jager1112

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICIT2LOL View Post
Right you seem to be sorted now I am assuming and if you want a good free AV then there are plenty in this
Free Windows Desktop Software Security List - Realtime Protection | Gizmo's Freeware
However I would advise you against using AVG, McAfee, Baidu, Ad-Adaware, and Comodo (only because it is a terrible nagger)
I have tested out Bitdefender, Avast,Avira, MSE, Sophos, and Panda and out of those I would if I were not using a paid for version of Kaspersky run Bitdefender, Avast, and Avira in that order. I mentioned the Kaspersky only because I have used it for over six years now and as well as being an excellent AV is also very cheap to run at approx $0.035 a day and that is just about free (currently) and one gets the extra benefits.
The choice is yours as always.
Thank you i tryed Kaspersky but i cant run it on my system! also tryed MCafee but i cant run it on my system also. I think i have Avast 1 year account?

I will look.

I have hear loots of good respons from karspersky.
I agin than you!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 How can you se if surveillance you?




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Computer for surveillance cameras
I'm planning a 6 IP camera system using a PC for management and recording. I just can't find enough info on what CPU to use, as well as how much RAM needed. I'm going to use a CPU with onboard graphics, probably an i5 or i7 processor. Think I could get by with an i3? How much ram?
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
The Internet is a surveillance state
Source A Guy
News
Random BSOD on Surveillance PC
This PC has randomly been blue screening. Obviously that doesn't make it of much use in surveillance. The appropriate logs are attached.
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:32.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App