Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Adding Device To Existing Network

20 Nov 2018   #11
samuria

win 8 32 bit
 
 

Normally they are individual you could get the ethernet one which should. Get you on the net so you could get windows to find drivers


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
20 Nov 2018   #12
JWA

Win7 Pro 64 Bit
 
 

I'll indeed check Dell's site and grab what might work---could even possibly use their chat support feature and see what they have to say.

I'll keep everyone updated in case this is an issue for others.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Dec 2018   #13
JWA

Win7 Pro 64 Bit
 
 

Okay so to update my thread here---have the laptop up and working just fine now---with the help of a friend who knows his do-do. :) Seems I had a few settings completely wrong, he was able to find and correct that in almost no time at all. (I don't know what settings were wrong as he works too fast but it was definitely something I did and no fault of the laptop.)

So this is resolved and I once again thank those here who helped.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

17 Dec 2018   #14
Paul Black

7 HP SP1 64-bit Vista HB SP2 32-bit Linux Mint 18.3
 
 

Hi JWA,

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JWA View Post
Okay so to update my thread here---have the laptop up and working just fine now---with the help of a friend who knows his do-do. :) Seems I had a few settings completely wrong, he was able to find and correct that in almost no time at all. (I don't know what settings were wrong as he works too fast but it was definitely something I did and no fault of the laptop.)
I am glad that you have found a solution to your problem/question .
It is a shame that you don't know exactly what he done or the settings etc he changed. I only say this because it would have helped others who visit this thread with the same problem/question find the answer.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Dec 2018   #15
JWA

Win7 Pro 64 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Paul Black View Post
Hi JWA,

It is a shame that you don't know exactly what he done or the settings etc he changed. I only say this because it would have helped others who visit this thread with the same problem/question find the answer.
I agree completely and if he weren't so pressed for time when we did all this I'd have asked what I did wrong and what was needed to undo my screw ups.

I'll be back in contact and try to get a better answer to post here. Sorry for the long time between replies--I hope any follow up will happen much quicker.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Dec 2018   #16
Paul Black

7 HP SP1 64-bit Vista HB SP2 32-bit Linux Mint 18.3
 
 

Hi JWA,

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JWA View Post
I agree completely and if he weren't so pressed for time when we did all this I'd have asked what I did wrong and what was needed to undo my screw ups.

I'll be back in contact and try to get a better answer to post here.
That would be good, thank you .
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Adding Device To Existing Network




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Adding the unallocated space into my existing drive
Hi all, My H.D.D is like this (from left to right), first C: drive then unallocated space (about 40GB) then D: drive and then E: drive. Now I want to add this unallocated space into my E: drive without repartitioning the C or D drives. Is there any solution for this? My machine is Windows 7...
General Discussion
Adding SSD to existing sytem.
I recently purchased a Samsung 840 Pro SSD, and I have a question or two in regards to setting it up. I was planning on doing a data migration or cloning the current HDD, but from what I have been reading here and elsewhere, it is probably more efficient in the long run to do a fresh install of...
Installation & Setup
Adding to an existing folder in 'my favorites' windows 7
I am running windows 7 and IE9 on a new computer and I have a problem adding to "my favorites' I want to add a new website to an existing folder in 'my favorites', so I click 'add to favorites' then I choose the folder from the drop down menu and click 'add'. When I check the folder in ' my...
General Discussion
Adding free space to existing drive?
Hi. I'm wondering if I add free space to one of my hard disk drivers would it delete all the data in it formatting it? I have a free space of 50 gbs unformatted. I want to add this space to my F: drive using disk management through right click menu "extend partition" (right clicking to F:...
Hardware & Devices
Adding ROWS to an existing table in Word 2007
Hi there I've googled but I can't seem to find the answer here I've got an EXISTING table in a document and need to add some more Rows (Word 2007). In Word 2003 it was easy - you just put the cursor into a cell in the table and pressed the TAB key -- extra row appeared. Even in the menu...
Microsoft Office


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:28.
Twitter Facebook