Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: My security cam system only has LAN and my home only has WIFI

21 Mar 2019   #21
johnhoh

Win7 pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kharl View Post
in my house the internet is provided by a wireless modem
I just saw that comment . The wireless modem should also have a LAN jack. If you connect that LAN jack with the yellow LAN jack on your Belkin, at that point any LAN device (like your NVR) that you plug into the Belkin should have internet capability.

There may be some set up involved or it may work immediately. Can't really know without knowing the specs of your wireless modem.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kharl View Post
yeah i know but despite speed, what would be the difference?
To know the difference we would need to know the make and model of your wireless modem that brings the internet to your house.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
21 Mar 2019   #22
Digital Life

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit 7601
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kharl View Post
Ok, i am then pending to your instructions

I would read the links I gave you on one of my posts at the beginning of this thread about bridging your routers.
My security cam system only has LAN and my home only has WIFI



You may want to save the instruction on your computer or print them out because you may loose you internet for a few minutes.


You can save the webpage to your computer by pressing Alt key+ F + S , I would save it to your desktop where its easier to find.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Mar 2019   #23
kharl

widnows 7 professional 32 bits
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by johnhoh View Post
I just saw that comment . The wireless modem should also have a LAN jack. If you connect that LAN jack with the yellow LAN jack on your Belkin, at that point any LAN device (like your NVR) that you plug into the Belkin should have internet capability.

There may be some set up involved or it may work immediately. Can't really know without knowing the specs of your wireless modem.


To know the difference we would need to know the make and model of your wireless modem that brings the internet to your house.



No, i only have internet over wifi, my modem is a Alcatel with micro usb only port for charging, that's all.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

21 Mar 2019   #24
kharl

widnows 7 professional 32 bits
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Digital Life View Post
I would read the links I gave you on one of my posts at the beginning of this thread about bridging your routers.
My security cam system only has LAN and my home only has WIFI



You may want to save the instruction on your computer or print them out because you may loose you internet for a few minutes.


You can save the webpage to your computer by pressing Alt key+ F + S , I would save it to your desktop where its easier to find.

its ok
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Mar 2019   #25
johnhoh

Win7 pro x64
 
 

Okay got it, I just assumed your modem had an ethernet port. I am recommending the same thing that DigitalLife has already been talking you through. To summarize:

- you power up the belkin and connect the laptop to it via an ethernet cable

- the laptop is only involved in this solution once, which is to set up the belkin per the below instructions, to make it wireless bridge to the alcatel. Once that is done the laptop is no longer involved. And the ethernet cable you used to connect the laptop to the belkin can then be used to connect the belkin to the nvr permanently

The links DigitalLife posted earlier tell you how to make the belkin act as a bridge to the alcatel.

How to Set Up a Wireless Bridge With a Belkin Wireless G Router | Your Business

How to Set Up a Wireless Bridge With a Belkin Wireless G Router | Chron.com
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Mar 2019   #26
kharl

widnows 7 professional 32 bits
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by johnhoh View Post
Okay got it, I just assumed your modem had an ethernet port. I am recommending the same thing that DigitalLife has already been talking you through. To summarize:

- you power up the belkin and connect the laptop to it via an ethernet cable

- the laptop is only involved in this solution once, which is to set up the belkin per the below instructions, to make it wireless bridge to the alcatel. Once that is done the laptop is no longer involved. And the ethernet cable you used to connect the laptop to the belkin can then be used to connect the belkin to the nvr permanently

The links DigitalLife posted earlier tell you how to make the belkin act as a bridge to the alcatel.

How to Set Up a Wireless Bridge With a Belkin Wireless G Router | Your Business

How to Set Up a Wireless Bridge With a Belkin Wireless G Router | Chron.com



now i am liking that
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Mar 2019   #27
kharl

widnows 7 professional 32 bits
 
 

let me put some clothes in the washing machine then ill be back xD
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Mar 2019   #28
kharl

widnows 7 professional 32 bits
 
 

ok i am here i will print those instruction to see if i get it going
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Mar 2019   #29
kharl

widnows 7 professional 32 bits
 
 

Hi, i am sorry i am stuck in the step 9,


Step 9

Type "http://192.168.2.2" in the browser's address bar and press "Enter" to access the router





it does not work


says, unable to connect (the browser)


and also, i think the instruction does work for my case because it is fr making abridge connection between TWO BELKIN routers.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Mar 2019   #30
Digital Life

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit 7601
 
 

You need to find out what router "A" IP is, Typically it will either be 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1, It's your gateway router

You can find this with the command " ipconfig " and look for Default Gateway.

If you don't know how to open a command prompt this tutorial on Seven Forums should help.

Command Prompt
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 My security cam system only has LAN and my home only has WIFI




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Need help setting up home wifi security.
So I finally decided to try and set up some security for our home wifi and I dont have the confidence to prod away at it without the risk of ending up doing something really bad... What Im looking to do: . Set up home wifi for 3 person use . Admin(me) not around to give out wifi access all...
Network & Sharing
Wifi over Powerline - security - e.g. Devolo dLAN 500 Mbps WiFi
I am considering using a powerline system to give me additional wifi cover, but I am unclear how the available wifi connection is protected. They make a great deal of encrypting the traffic over the power circuit, but no mention is made of protecting the wifi connection. Surely, the risk with...
Network & Sharing
Why use Wifi at home any more Devolo Mains LAN system
Hi there Got fast broadband and still using slow Wifi for computers / tablets. I've just installed one of those Devolo Mains LAN devices -- works an absolute treat - I get almost FULL lan speed on computers situated a long way from the Router - the device I'm using has 3 LAN port outputs --...
Hardware & Devices
Can only connect to home WIFI, possibly due to no system icon access?
Hi, About 3 weeks ago, I was using a public WIFI connection. *something* went wrong, my computer froze up, and ever since, my system icons have been disabled and I can only connect to my home WIFI connection - by going to the control panel and manually connecting. Since I no longer have my...
Network & Sharing


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:07.
Twitter Facebook