Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Win 7 REFUSES to allow Networking with my XBOX360 .....

01 Jan 2010   #31
computersplus

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 
Router Firewall

you are aware that there is a firewall in the router that could be causing this issue as well you might try logging into the router and disable the firewall just as a test to see if the issue levels out if so then you have isolated the issue and can re enable the firewall with a lesser setting that will allow sharing


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
01 Jan 2010   #32
Windows7inMiami

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by computersplus View Post
you are aware that there is a firewall in the router that could be causing this issue as well you might try logging into the router and disable the firewall just as a test to see if the issue levels out if so then you have isolated the issue and can re enable the firewall with a lesser setting that will allow sharing


WAY WAY WAY Ahead of you. I have done all of this. I am now on hold with Microtheft as we speak (type). I have done everything I can do way beyond my understanding. My point is that it should not be this hard. Everyone I call to help me points their finger at one another and I am left holding the bag. Again I point out Apple does none of this. IDk why I am torturing myself like this I am so livid
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jan 2010   #33
computersplus

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 
Ok Ok

Ok OK I just came into the picture and I always start with the common simple stuff that usually is the root cause of most issues and work my way out from there.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

01 Jan 2010   #34
computersplus

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 
Other Posts

I have followed some of your other posts and it seems you are having several issue have you considered starting from scratch and doing a format and reinstall to get everything back to square one I think when you figure this out it will be some stupid little thing that got overlooked maybe not but that's what usually happens.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jan 2010   #35
computersplus

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 
XBOX

you could have an issue with the XBOX itself I have had some screwy things with mine happen and unplugged it plugged it back in reset the date and time and it's fine i have had to do that twice since I have had it in the last year
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jan 2010   #36
Windows7inMiami

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by computersplus View Post
you could have an issue with the XBOX itself I have had some screwy things with mine happen and unplugged it plugged it back in reset the date and time and it's fine i have had to do that twice since I have had it in the last year


Thank you so much for your quick responses. I just updated the firmware on my router so maybe that'll help. Who knows but it was old.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jan 2010   #37
computersplus

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 
Let Us Know

let us know how it goes
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jan 2010   #38
Windows7inMiami

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by computersplus View Post
let us know how it goes
Well for the past three years it has done the following.....

It syncs up, allows me to play Video, then just loses the connection for no reason. The sound cuts and you just get video, you try to rewind and nothing doing. Then you just lose the connection. Windows Media Center Somehow works (EXTREMELY SLOWLY I MIGHT ADD) but sees nothing but sample media videos and pictures and nothing I downloaded or any of my music, no idea why.

Then it just works again..... then it stops....then it works again......then it stops.....simmer for three years.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jan 2010   #39
computersplus

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 
Well

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Windows7inMiami View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by computersplus View Post
let us know how it goes
Well for the past three years it has done the following.....

It syncs up, allows me to play Video, then just loses the connection for no reason. The sound cuts and you just get video, you try to rewind and nothing doing. Then you just lose the connection. Windows Media Center Somehow works (EXTREMELY SLOWLY I MIGHT ADD) but sees nothing but sample media videos and pictures and nothing I downloaded or any of my music, no idea why.

Then it just works again..... then it stops....then it works again......then it stops.....simmer for three years.
Well if that's the case why have you been blaming Windows 7.... I would have bought a new router and replaced all cables warrantied the XBOX
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jan 2010   #40
Windows7inMiami

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by computersplus View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Windows7inMiami View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by computersplus View Post
let us know how it goes
Well for the past three years it has done the following.....

It syncs up, allows me to play Video, then just loses the connection for no reason. The sound cuts and you just get video, you try to rewind and nothing doing. Then you just lose the connection. Windows Media Center Somehow works (EXTREMELY SLOWLY I MIGHT ADD) but sees nothing but sample media videos and pictures and nothing I downloaded or any of my music, no idea why.

Then it just works again..... then it stops....then it works again......then it stops.....simmer for three years.
Well if that's the case why have you been blaming Windows 7.... I would have bought a new router and replaced all cables warrantied the XBOX

It actually was a combination of Vista and 7. I did warranty my Xbox, i DID purchase a new router and had my entire house rewired this year when I purchased it. I just got off the phone with XBOX (1800-4MY-XBOX) and after 2 hours of playign with things my computer doesn't even recognize my xbox. I believe I will reformat my computer with a clean install of 7. Why not right?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Win 7 REFUSES to allow Networking with my XBOX360 .....




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Ip error on Xbox360 when connecting though ics
I've been recently using a xfinity WiFi hotspot on my laptop (i have no modem/router or internet provider) and then used ics to connect it to my Xbox through an Ethernet cable. It was working well when I first set it up now when I try to connect on the Xbox it will take many trys testing the...
Network & Sharing
Multiple Problems w/WMP & WMC regarding Xbox360 & PC! How do I fix?
Issue 1: Xbox and 2 of 3 user accounts on pc aren't displaying MP4, Mpeg, M4v files in Windows Media Center (Only my account on pc will display these files in "Folder" view. All accounts will display these files under "Date Taken" view) "Solutions" Tried: 1. Re-registering Video codecs...
Media Center
Xbox360 pad analog triggers
is there any software out there that will support the use of the analog triggers on the x360 pad with a computer. it is a shame to not have there function most of the time.
Gaming
how to install xbox360 pad
hi all ive just got an xbox 360 pad for gaming n am trying to find the latest software and drivers for it.im a keyboard n mouse fan myself but when it comes to drivin games my hands just cramp up with arthritis so the pad is a must realy. i must not b lookin in the wrong places. i have read loads...
Gaming
xbox360 controller help
So i recently purchased a 360 controller and downloaded the driver from Microsoft for the 64 bit win7 that i am running and when i go to play a game and input the buttons how i would like them the controller map is wrong.. i.e when i pull the right trigger it will show joy axis x...or i will click...
Gaming
Windows 7 connect to Win XP/XBOX360 and PS3
Hello, ive got a Problem with Windows 7 . After my RC Time was up i changed to Win7 Home Premium last week. Now ive got several Problems with worked with the RC Version. My Second PC runs on Windows XP (its my PC for work so i cant change the System to win7 there) and i cant find anymore in...
Network & Sharing


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:02.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App