Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Random disconnects

03 Jan 2010   #11
chev65

Windows 7 Ult, Windows 8.1 Pro,
 
 

It didn't work because router only supports 32 bit system like I already said.

By the way, I'm running systems that are more than 10 years old and they work perfectly for me using Homegroup networking.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
03 Jan 2010   #12
RedBirdDad

W7 Ultimate 64bit W7 Premium 64bit W7 Premium 32bit WXP Home 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
It didn't work because router only supports 32 bit system like I already said.

By the way, I'm running systems that are more than 10 years old and they work perfectly for me using Homegroup networking.
Where did he say he running 64bit? It's not in his system spec nor in his posts. By the way, 32bit vs 64bit has nothing to do with the router. The router is an external TCP/IP device and as such has no relevance to the OS that's on any other network device.

Until he comes back and specifically states he's running 64bit, I'm not willing to conclude that's the problem.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jan 2010   #13
Pythene

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

No, and that could be why (Apparently several posts appeared and this ended up way later than it should've - was in response to the upgrade adviser.)

I'm still deciding, but if I choose to stick it out for a while and buy a nice retail version of W7, and then clean install, do you think it'd work much better? This system was originally dual boot vista/7, then I decided to delete the vista partition. That could be causing some of the issues.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

03 Jan 2010   #14
RedBirdDad

W7 Ultimate 64bit W7 Premium 64bit W7 Premium 32bit WXP Home 32bit
 
 

I'm willing to bet with a clean 7 install it would go a lot smoother. Just an observation.

When you deleted the Vista partition, did you wipe it?

Are you running 32bit or 64bit? chev65 asked that awhile back and I don't think that question got answered.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jan 2010   #15
chev65

Windows 7 Ult, Windows 8.1 Pro,
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by RedBirdDad View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
It didn't work because router only supports 32 bit system like I already said.

By the way, I'm running systems that are more than 10 years old and they work perfectly for me using Homegroup networking.
Where did he say he running 64bit? It's not in his system spec nor in his posts. By the way, 32bit vs 64bit has nothing to do with the router. The router is an external TCP/IP device and as such has no relevance to the OS that's on any other network device.

Until he comes back and specifically states he's running 64bit, I'm not willing to conclude that's the problem.
I've been doing this a good long time, you havn't., I have already seen many 64 bit systems fail to work unless the router was supported for 64 bit. It's that simple, it happens all the time. NOw if you don't mind I would like to stick with my line of questioning. And you can stick to yours. Fair enough?

Your theorys on this are not correct as you seem to think. And I do not appreciate you derailing my post at all.

And as you noticed the Op seems to have problems with simple questions which I asked 4 posts ago.

Pythen, Please answer this most obvious question of them all, is your system 64 or 32 bit?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jan 2010   #16
Pythene

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

If "wipe" means formatting and merging it with the seven partition, then yes. I was originally just wanting to test W7 and didn't split a large amount of storage to its partition, but ended up liking it so much I rid myself of vista and merged to recover hard drive space :P


64-bit - System spec doesn't say under manufacturer/Model number, but says under OS (Windows 7 Professional x64)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jan 2010   #17
chev65

Windows 7 Ult, Windows 8.1 Pro,
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Pythene View Post
If "wipe" means formatting and merging it with the seven partition, then yes. I was originally just wanting to test W7 and didn't split a large amount of storage to its partition, but ended up liking it so much I rid myself of vista and merged to recover hard drive space :P
I've done that same thing a few times and never had any networking problems what so ever.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jan 2010   #18
chev65

Windows 7 Ult, Windows 8.1 Pro,
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Pythene View Post
If "wipe" means formatting and merging it with the seven partition, then yes. I was originally just wanting to test W7 and didn't split a large amount of storage to its partition, but ended up liking it so much I rid myself of vista and merged to recover hard drive space :P


64-bit - System spec doesn't say under manufacturer/Model number, but says under OS (Windows 7 Professional x64)
Well there you have it, unfortuneatly your PCI router has ZERO Windows 7 64 BIT support. Suggest you try another Windows 7 compatible router or purchase another one that has 64 bit Windows 7 support.

I have seen this same problem come up countless times. If your router isn't on the list for 64 bit Windows 7 support then the odds are extremely high that it will not work.

Just look here, there is no support. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/com...IEEE&os=64-bit

This has already been proven true on many occasions right here in this forum.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jan 2010   #19
RedBirdDad

W7 Ultimate 64bit W7 Premium 64bit W7 Premium 32bit WXP Home 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by RedBirdDad View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
It didn't work because router only supports 32 bit system like I already said.

By the way, I'm running systems that are more than 10 years old and they work perfectly for me using Homegroup networking.
Where did he say he running 64bit? It's not in his system spec nor in his posts. By the way, 32bit vs 64bit has nothing to do with the router. The router is an external TCP/IP device and as such has no relevance to the OS that's on any other network device.

Until he comes back and specifically states he's running 64bit, I'm not willing to conclude that's the problem.
I've been doing this a good long time, you havn't., I have already seen many 64 bit systems fail to work unless the router was supported for 64 bit. It's that simple, it happens all the time. NOw if you don't mind I would like to stick with my line of questioning. And you can stick to yours. Fair enough?

Your theorys on this are not correct as you seem to think.

And as you noticed the Op seems to have problems with simple questions which I asked 4 posts ago.

Pythen, Please answer this most obvious question of them all, is your system 64 or 32 bit?
chev65: Let's not get personal here. This is a technical forum discussing a technical issue. I do not wish to get into an argument with you. You DO NOT know my background nor my experience. You may be very surprised. I don't question your skill or experience so please do not question mine.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jan 2010   #20
chev65

Windows 7 Ult, Windows 8.1 Pro,
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by RedBirdDad View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by RedBirdDad View Post

Where did he say he running 64bit? It's not in his system spec nor in his posts. By the way, 32bit vs 64bit has nothing to do with the router. The router is an external TCP/IP device and as such has no relevance to the OS that's on any other network device.

Until he comes back and specifically states he's running 64bit, I'm not willing to conclude that's the problem.
I've been doing this a good long time, you havn't., I have already seen many 64 bit systems fail to work unless the router was supported for 64 bit. It's that simple, it happens all the time. NOw if you don't mind I would like to stick with my line of questioning. And you can stick to yours. Fair enough?

Your theorys on this are not correct as you seem to think.

And as you noticed the Op seems to have problems with simple questions which I asked 4 posts ago.

Pythen, Please answer this most obvious question of them all, is your system 64 or 32 bit?
chev65: Let's not get personal here. This is a technical forum discussing a technical issue. I do not wish to get into an argument with you. You DO NOT know my background nor my experience. You may be very surprised. I don't question your skill or experience so please do not question mine.
Oh were far from being personal. Your the one that questioned me remember? I do know that you attempted to derail a perfectly good line of questioning that has already worked countless times.

My point was that you havn't been here long enough to know that if there is no 64 bit support it most likely will not work properly. I have already done this about twenty times when there was no 64 bit support and the problem was fixed with a router upgrade, plain and simple.

I already have a pretty good track record here and I would appreciate if you do not derail my line of questioning in the future.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Random disconnects




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
HP wireless random disconnects/reconnects
Hi everyone, this is my first time here so please bare with me. I have filled in my system specs as best I could. At this point I don't know if I have one problem or two. First, the laptop will randomly begin reconnecting to my wireless network ( I am the only one on it and none close by). It...
Network & Sharing
Router Causes Random Wireless Network Disconnects
Hey guys, I am desperate for your help. In my 15 years of using the Internet, I never had to consult a forum directly, I always found my answer googling the problem. Not this time though. Even though there are thousands of problems and answers regarding random disconnects from wireless...
Network & Sharing
Random disconnects from internet.
I get randomly disconnected from internet. Pages simply won't load and stay white . Restarting Pc one or twice works sometimes. It does not happen in middle of browsing but after i close browser. There is not really much information i can give. No error messages or anything.
Network & Sharing
Internet Disconnects at Random times.
Hi guys, Just wondering if you could help me out with a little problem that I've had with my computer ever since I upgraded from Windows Vista to Windows 7. I have a motherboard with two network jacks, but I only use one. They use the NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller driver (see attached)...
Drivers
Random internet disconnects and reconnects
New user here, I have an acer aspire 5739g running windows 7 64bit. Acer provided free upgrade from vista a couple months ago. Got the laptop back last july 2009. Just recently though i have been getting a lot of random internet disconnects, about every 5-15 minutes. I initially had a netgear...
Network & Sharing
Wireless Network disconnects after random period of tim
Ok so i got Windows Ultimate about last week and havent been able to solve this problem. I was running vista home premium and got ultimate and did a clean install. Everything worked fine until the internet disconnected. My computer is running on wireless so i checked my laptop and the internet was...
Network & Sharing


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:35.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App