Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Win 7 - Very slow internet

26 Jan 2010   #11
V3xar

Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Build 7600
 
 

Hi UFF,

Try to reset your Internet Protocol TCP/IP.

  1. Open a command prompt, click Start and then click Run. Copy and paste (or type) the following command in the Open box and then press ENTER:cmd
  2. At the command prompt, copy and paste (or type) the following command and then press ENTER:netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt
    Note If you do not want to specify a directory path for the log file, use the following command:netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt
  3. Reboot the computer.
Give that a try and see if there is any improvement.


Hope this helps.:)


.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
26 Jan 2010   #12
UFF

Win 7 professional
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by V3xar View Post
Hi UFF,

Try to reset your Internet Protocol TCP/IP.

  1. Open a command prompt, click Start and then click Run. Copy and paste (or type) the following command in the Open box and then press ENTER:cmd
  2. At the command prompt, copy and paste (or type) the following command and then press ENTER:netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt
    Note If you do not want to specify a directory path for the log file, use the following command:netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt
  3. Reboot the computer.
Give that a try and see if there is any improvement.


Hope this helps.:)


.
It's opening pages faster now :) downloading i'll try later. But maybe for speed is guilty this process? always i need to turn it off cuz it's lagging PC. There is any ways to fix this process? i don't think it should use so much CPU.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jan 2010   #13
V3xar

Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Build 7600
 
 

That process provides support for the NetBIOS over TCP/IP (NetBT) service and NetBIOS name resolution for clients on the network, therefore enabling users to share files, print, and log on to the network.

Turn off your sharing options here:

Win 7 - Very slow internet-ha.png

Note: File and Printer sharing and Public folder sharing should be off.

See if that solves the problem.:)


.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

26 Jan 2010   #14
UFF

Win 7 professional
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by V3xar View Post
That process provides support for the NetBIOS over TCP/IP (NetBT) service and NetBIOS name resolution for clients on the network, therefore enabling users to share files, print, and log on to the network.

Turn off your sharing options here:

Attachment 50181

Note: File and Printer sharing and Public folder sharing should be off.

See if that solves the problem.:)


.
it was already off. any more ides?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jan 2010   #15
V3xar

Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Build 7600
 
 

Do you have another PC or laptop available to do a check on the line/download speed on a different machine?

It may well be that there is a problem with your line and that your laptops connection is perfect.:)

Could you tell me what drivers you are using for your Realtek NIC card.


.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jan 2010   #16
UFF

Win 7 professional
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by V3xar View Post
Do you have another PC or laptop available to do a check on the line/download speed on a different machine?

It may well be that there is a problem with your line and that your laptops connection is perfect.:)

Could you tell me what drivers you are using for your Realtek NIC card.


.
no i dont have other pc.
Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC 6.111.723

what about that process?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jan 2010   #17
Tews

64-bit Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

Try this... open msconfig startup .. disable all but your antivirus and firewall...reboot and test... if your speed significantly improves, you can re-enable the entries one by one until you find the guilty party.. let us know how it comes out...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jan 2010   #18
UFF

Win 7 professional
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tews View Post
Try this... open msconfig startup .. disable all but your antivirus and firewall...reboot and test... if your speed significantly improves, you can re-enable the entries one by one until you find the guilty party.. let us know how it comes out...
That lagging process has gone :) now need to try enabling one by one to know which was guilty..
thanks Tews
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jan 2010   #19
Tews

64-bit Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

Im glad its sorted out!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Win 7 - Very slow internet




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Desktop WIFI Internet Issue - Connected, but Slow/Dropped Internet
I've been battling this particular issue for a couple of weeks now without much success. I have a custom built desktop where my WIFI connection will deteriorate to the point where internet (and gaming over Steam, etc...) will be either painfully slow or unable to load pages at all. Windows claims...
Network & Sharing
Constantly slow and disconnecting from internet (no internet access)
Ok this has been happening for a few weeks now with the connection either being slow or just displaying a yellow triangle saying limited access and no internet access. Getting pretty desperate and running out of ideas now so need to ask here. Basically we switched ISPs after about a month of no...
Network & Sharing
Slow browser, slow internet, random audio ads: virus?
So yeah, I've these problems for the past couple days. My browsers (Opera and Firefox) used to load pages quickly, but now they're painfully slow. Opera lags and freezes often; Firefox doesn't, but it still takes a very long time to load pages. I'm also getting these occasional "invisible ads,"...
System Security
Slow internet
Now, my computer's internet goes fairly fast. However, when my sister turns on hers, and starts to download files, my internet level starts to drop significantly. I, then, start to experience connection, which is annoying. I heard something about limiting bandwidth, however, I can't find that on my...
Network & Sharing
Slow internet
My internet is sooo slow. My WiFi has always been slow but I use Ethernet for my laptop and youtube videos dont load at all. Everything was working fine up until a few days ago when I messed with the router settings to get wifi to work better. Its pissing me off because the other two computers in...
Network & Sharing


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:25.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App