Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: peer networking grouping error 1079

08 Feb 2010   #1
iTzTeEZzY

 
 
peer networking grouping error 1079

I really need help. I can't get peer networking grouping to start. when i go into services ant try to manually start it it gives me error 1079: the account specified for this service is different from the account specified for other services running the same process. someone please help


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
08 Feb 2010   #2
chev65

Windows 7 Ult, Windows 8.1 Pro,
 
 

This might help with that problem. I believe you need to have IPv6 working in order to enable peer networking grouping.

HomeGroup get an error of must have IPv6 enabled
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Feb 2010   #3
iTzTeEZzY

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
This might help with that problem. I believe you need to have IPv6 working in order to enable peer networking grouping.

HomeGroup get an error of must have IPv6 enabled
I tried that but it didnt work
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

09 Feb 2010   #4
chev65

Windows 7 Ult, Windows 8.1 Pro,
 
 

Try this for the peer networking problem. The described symtoms aren't the same but this file has been known to cause problems with peer networking so it may be worth a try. I really havn't seen anyone with your exact problem yet.

The fix for this problem seems to be Deleting the file idstore.sst under C:\windows\serviceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\PeerNetworking

Once everything at Peer Networking Grouping is running you may also need to do this...

Start the Task Manager
Click on the service Tab
Find the "HomeGroupProvider"
and then stop the service.
You will need to restart after doing this.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Feb 2010   #5
iTzTeEZzY

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
Try this for the peer networking problem. The described symtoms aren't the same but this file has been known to cause problems with peer networking so it may be worth a try. I really havn't seen anyone with your exact problem yet.

The fix for this problem seems to be Deleting the file idstore.sst under C:\windows\serviceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\PeerNetworking

Once everything at Peer Networking Grouping is running you may also need to do this...

Start the Task Manager
Click on the service Tab
Find the "HomeGroupProvider"
and then stop the service.
You will need to restart after doing this.
I tried it still doesnt work. thanks for trying.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Feb 2010   #6
chev65

Windows 7 Ult, Windows 8.1 Pro,
 
 

Can you post a screen shot or your ipconfig details by typing ipconfig into the command prompt and hitting enter.

Use the snipping tool to get the picture with. I need to see if IPv6 is working correctly on your machine.

Looks like picture below.


Attached Images
peer networking grouping error 1079-ipconfig-both-connections.png 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Feb 2010   #7
iTzTeEZzY

 
 

Here it is


Attached Thumbnails
peer networking grouping error 1079-capture.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Feb 2010   #8
iTzTeEZzY

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
Can you post a screen shot or your ipconfig details by typing ipconfig into the command prompt and hitting enter.

Use the snipping tool to get the picture with. I need to see if IPv6 is working correctly on your machine.

Looks like picture below.
Is my IPv6 working correctly?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Feb 2010   #9
iTzTeEZzY

 
 

please help. i don't know what to do.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Feb 2010   #10
aem

Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit
 
 

Lets compare the reg keys for this service. I have no issue with starting it.

Can you screenshot these kets

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\p2pimsvc

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\p2psvc
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 peer networking grouping error 1079




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Can't display all computers within my peer to peer workgroup.
I have various issues communicating among three computers (win7, XP, win98) in a workgroup on my peer to peer home network. The network has functioned well in the past but apparently I have changed something. One symptom -- right now I am looking at the workgroup with Windows Explorer on the XP...
Network & Sharing
Peer to Peer Connection not working Win7 x64 to win vista
Hi, I am trying to connect my win 7 x64 to win vista but it's not working. When I am trying to ping from win vista its showing succesfull but reverse is not. I have tried all options and troubleshooted it but all efforts are in vain. Also troubleshooting does not shows any problem and...
Network & Sharing
Peer Networking Identity Manager couldnot be started
Hey, I can`t start this. Get error 5: access denied. dunno what`s wrong, need it to setup homegroup network
Network & Sharing
Peer-peer ethernet wire sharing internet wont work
Hey, i have 2 window 7 computers and i wish to share the internet with my other one via an Ethernet wire, ive searched the web and ive found nothing!:cry: ive tryed to get the sharing tab in my local networks properties, but its not nere! see the attachment to get a better idea i would...
Network & Sharing
Error 1079
the areo glass on my windows is not working. i ask windows to fix it, but it can't, surprise surprise. anyways, i get this error message when i try to manually start the service ( Desktop Window Manager Session Manager ) that windows said to get running to get aero glass to work: *Window could...
Graphic Cards


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:12.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App