Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Connect to PPPOE automatically when it disconnects ?

18 Mar 2010   #11
Darryl Licht

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit Steve Ballmer Signature Edition
 
 

If OP has no router...port forwarding isnt the answer!

persian: Have you contacted your ISP???


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
18 Mar 2010   #12
thathagat

windows 7 ultimate 64 bit,Windows 7 ultimate 32 bit,Windows XP sp3 home
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Darryl Licht View Post
If OP has no router...port forwarding isnt the answer!
hmmmm.........be kind enough to go through all the posts
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by persianmajid
My modem is TP-Link TD-8811
TD-8811
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Mar 2010   #13
Darryl Licht

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit Steve Ballmer Signature Edition
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by persianmajid View Post
hi ... thanks , but as I said I don't have router.
gat - I have been with this thread since the beginning... please feel free to review yourself. I was merely going by what the OP said above...

Besides, that... most ISP's lock their supplied modem/router combos so that users cannot fiddle with them.
=================================================================

persian: If you can get into your modem/routers configuration here is the user guide...

http://www.tp-link.com/english/soft/200862161845.pdf

On page 11 it shows the setting for "Dial on Demand"
Connect to PPPOE automatically when it disconnects ?-page-11.png

Either remove the checkmark or set to the max allowed, that should cure your issue!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

18 Mar 2010   #14
thathagat

windows 7 ultimate 64 bit,Windows 7 ultimate 32 bit,Windows XP sp3 home
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Darryl Licht View Post

gat - I have been with this thread since the beginning... please feel free to review yourself. I was merely going by what the OP said above...
a lot of water has flown under the proverbial bridge since that post by the OP

Quote:
Besides, that... most ISP's lock their supplied modem/router combos so that users cannot fiddle with them.
virtual servers/port forwarding is a common thing nowadays......isp's block sites usually not router settings
plus....one imp fact that OP stated was ....
Quote:
I used to use IDM for downloading but It only is able to reconnect Bridge and Dial-up Connections
hence the suggestion that PF might be a way out to connect in pppoe mode
regards.........thathagat
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Mar 2010   #15
Darryl Licht

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit Steve Ballmer Signature Edition
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by thathagat View Post
a lot of water has flown under the proverbial bridge since that post by the OP
I didnt take the time to look up his router as you did... good catch!

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Darryl Licht
Besides, that... most ISP's lock their supplied modem/router combos so that users cannot fiddle with them.
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by thathagat
virtual servers/port forwarding is a common thing nowadays......isp's block sites usually not router settings
No really??? Cmon man!

...And YES many ISPs DO block the users access to THEIR modem/routers configuration! We (the users) are merely leasing/renting the ISP's equipment... therefore many ISPs lock users out of the config pages. A typical user has no business in the configuration of their modem/router and can do more harm than good!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Mar 2010   #16
persianmajid

seven
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Darryl Licht View Post
If OP has no router...port forwarding isnt the answer!

persian: Have you contacted your ISP???

Disconnections is just at nights , It's weird but My ISP does it purposely to decrease the Download bandwidth



Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Darryl Licht View Post

persian: If you can get into your modem/routers configuration here is the user guide...

http://www.tp-link.com/english/soft/200862161845.pdf

On page 11 it shows the setting for "Dial on Demand"
Attachment 61585

Either remove the checkmark or set to the max allowed, that should cure your issue!
Thanks for the picture , I think that's the only thing I can do about it .
SO What should I write in the box is I want it to reconnect immediately ?
Thanks again .
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Mar 2010   #17
thathagat

windows 7 ultimate 64 bit,Windows 7 ultimate 32 bit,Windows XP sp3 home
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by persianmajid View Post
SO What should I write in the box is I want it to reconnect immediately ?
Thanks again .
hi... as Darryl Licht already mentioned....
Quote:
Either remove the checkmark or set to the max allowed
so set it to either 4320(max)
or uncheck.....dial on demand


Attached Images
Connect to PPPOE automatically when it disconnects ?-dod.png 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Mar 2010   #18
persianmajid

seven
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by thathagat View Post
hi... as Darryl Licht already mentioned....
Quote:
Either remove the checkmark or set to the max allowed
so set it to either 4320(max)
or uncheck.....dial on demand
Thanks for the answer .
by the way If I uncheck it , I think it never dial , so It'll never reconnect , Am I wrong ? Or I don't get it ? can you explain a little more ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Mar 2010   #19
thathagat

windows 7 ultimate 64 bit,Windows 7 ultimate 32 bit,Windows XP sp3 home
 
 

well......
If you tick Dial On Demand the modem will connect every time someone tries to access the internet.The Idle Time setting adjusts how long it will be with no internet activity before the modem automatically logs off. If you don't have dial-on-demand turned on and have set idle timeout to 0 then to reconnect you'll have to hit the 'Connect' button. tweak the settings and see what works best...cheers

Quote:
Disconnections is just at nights , It's weird but My ISP does it purposely to decrease the Download bandwidth
you'll still experience disconnections
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Mar 2010   #20
Darryl Licht

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit Steve Ballmer Signature Edition
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by thathagat View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Darryl Licht View Post

gat - I have been with this thread since the beginning... please feel free to review yourself. I was merely going by what the OP said above...
a lot of water has flown under the proverbial bridge since that post by the OP

Quote:
Besides, that... most ISP's lock their supplied modem/router combos so that users cannot fiddle with them.
virtual servers/port forwarding is a common thing nowadays......isp's block sites usually not router settings
plus....one imp fact that OP stated was ....
Quote:
I used to use IDM for downloading but It only is able to reconnect Bridge and Dial-up Connections
hence the suggestion that PF might be a way out to connect in pppoe mode
regards.........thathagat
Persian: Just set it to the max of 4320... what have you got to lose? It should work!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Connect to PPPOE automatically when it disconnects ?




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
PPPoE Y U no connect on startup
So i have this PPPoE connection right ( WHICH IS SET AS DEFAULT ) And i have disabled the prompt But still it will not connect automatically Oh there is also the thing in the connections tab of internet options , that redial option it doesnt appear on my rig and in that tab my connection isnt...
Network & Sharing
Automatically connect to Wi-Fi
Hello, I need help. This is the situation: I have a SMC router at home. I also have two laptops. They are set to automatically connect to the routers network. The problem is that, when I turn on pc "A" and I log in, I'm already connected and can use the internet normally; when I turn on...
Network & Sharing
Automatically connect a PPPoE connection on login?
Does anyone know how to setup a Windows 7 PPPoE connection to automatically log on, when the user logs on to their W7 account? I'm going to be putting W7 RTM on my folks machine very soon, and trying to get my mom to remember to click a shortcut under XP to connect to the ISP before she tries to...
Network & Sharing
PPPoE conncetion drop - connect option greyed out
Hello guys, I need your advice for an annoying PPPoE problem: OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Mobo: ASUS P7P55D Modem: Aztech DSL600E My computer connected to the internet using a modem and PPPoE conncetion. I having a connection drops every day.
Network & Sharing
Schedule Startup, Shut Down & Auto connect of PPPOE
Does any 1 know a soft or any process by which I can 1. Auto start my PC 2. Auto connect my PPPOE connection 3. Start U Torrent 4. Lastly Shut Down my PC
General Discussion
connect automatically
i wanna know how i can adjust my pc so as to connect to the internet at the specific time , i tried it once with IDM but didnt work help plz
Network & Sharing


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:59.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App