HomeGroup works or not?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

  1. Posts : 1,009
    Windows 7 RC 7100 32bit/64bit
       #1

    HomeGroup works or not?


    Anyone had the chance to setup W7 in 2 PCs at home?

    I set up a Homegroup on my network in one pc, and the other one sees it at once, and asks to connect to the homegroup. I provide the homegroup password and after trying and trying, I get an error message that this computer cannot connect to the homegroup..

    Did anyone try that?
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 95
    Windows 7 Ultimate Build 6956 x32
       #2

    Homegroup works fine for me, i am able to access all resources on my second PC, both are on WIFI :-P
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 95
    Windows 7 Ultimate Build 6956 x32
       #3

    Check Screens Below, PJMONKEE is the second PC (my sisters PC), both have 6956
    Last edited by Kryptonit3; 09 Dec 2008 at 09:33.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 2,899
    Windows 7 Ult x64(x2), HomePrem x32(x4), Server 08 (+VM), 08 R2 (VM) , SuSe 11.2 (VM), XP 32 (VM)
       #4

    limneos said:
    Anyone had the chance to setup W7 in 2 PCs at home?

    I set up a Homegroup on my network in one pc, and the other one sees it at once, and asks to connect to the homegroup. I provide the homegroup password and after trying and trying, I get an error message that this computer cannot connect to the homegroup..

    Did anyone try that?

    what build are these comps??
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 1,009
    Windows 7 RC 7100 32bit/64bit
    Thread Starter
       #5

    they are both 6956.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 1,009
    Windows 7 RC 7100 32bit/64bit
    Thread Starter
       #6

    hmm...then it's got to be something with my setup.

    Kryptonit, what is your UAC status on the PCs? is it on or off?
    Have you disabled the firewall or anything?
    Have you enabled any other options on the HomeGroup starter pc? ( password sharing, public network settings etc?)

    Regards
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 2,899
    Windows 7 Ult x64(x2), HomePrem x32(x4), Server 08 (+VM), 08 R2 (VM) , SuSe 11.2 (VM), XP 32 (VM)
       #7

    do you have network discovery on??
    did you try the homegroup on both machines???


    (setup from both??)
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 95
    Windows 7 Ultimate Build 6956 x32
       #8

    limneos said:
    hmm...then it's got to be something with my setup.

    Kryptonit, what is your UAC status on the PCs? is it on or off?
    Have you disabled the firewall or anything?
    Have you enabled any other options on the HomeGroup starter pc? ( password sharing, public network settings etc?)

    Regards
    I have UAC completely turned off on both PC's




    And for Network Sharing



    Turn On Network Discovery

    Turn on File and Printer Sharing (you can set permissions for shared folders and files)

    And on my network:
    Turn on sharing so anyone with network access can open, change and create file
    **again even with that on, you can set read-only to shared folders and files**

    Media Sharing:
    Media sharing is on.

    Password Protected Sharing:
    Turn On password Protected sharing

    Windows HomeGroup Connections:
    Allow Windows HomeGroup to manage homegroup connections
    **if not you will need the user account name and password of the other PC**
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 1,009
    Windows 7 RC 7100 32bit/64bit
    Thread Starter
       #9

    Thanks a lot for the tips, I believe it had to do with either the VMWARE virtual network cards, they belonged in a Public Network which was somehow conflicting... (?) or the network bridge I had made.

    It was fixed when I disabled them both...
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 2,899
    Windows 7 Ult x64(x2), HomePrem x32(x4), Server 08 (+VM), 08 R2 (VM) , SuSe 11.2 (VM), XP 32 (VM)
       #10

    limneos said:
    Thanks a lot for the tips, I believe it had to do with either the VMWARE virtual network cards, they belonged in a Public Network which was somehow conflicting... (?) or the network bridge I had made.

    It was fixed when I disabled them both...

    ok thats good
    it would of been better if you would specified that you were using a VM...
    i was thinking it was an actual machine...lol
      My Computer


 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:11.
Find Us