Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows Live Essentials 2011 available for download now

01 Oct 2010   #21
AnkurOn

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit
 
 

Nice Man !1 thanks For Sharing this important news !111


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
01 Oct 2010   #22
Schroff87

7 ultimate x64
 
 

i'd really like this FB chat - WLM chat integration to work as it is in the link .. it's not working for me

Windows Live Essentials 2011 beta updated, gets Facebook chat
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Oct 2010   #23
Phone Man

Windows 8.1 Pro w/Media Center 64bit, Windows 7 HP 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Night Hawk View Post
When going to download the initial file that itself is a webinstaller allowing you to select the options you want like messenger, Live Mail, I think even the Live Mesh may be an option, and a few other things. Mostly all this is still 32bit in order to universal with XP and Vista as well as for 7.
Won't work on XP. This ver is for Vista and Win 7 only.

Jim
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

01 Oct 2010   #24
SinRival

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601)
 
 

NO MORE BETA! FINALLY!

I installed the beta and wished I hadn't until a actual release came. The beta went wrong for me.

I am hoping this will fix problems I had with beta, as Windows Live messenger was messed up for me.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Oct 2010   #25
s31

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Schroff87 View Post
i'd really like this FB chat - WLM chat integration to work as it is in the link .. it's not working for me

Windows Live Essentials 2011 beta updated, gets Facebook chat
you have to add the facebook to services and enable chat from that
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Oct 2010   #26
Night Hawk

W7 Ultimate x64/W10 Pro x64 dual boot main build-remote pc W10 Pro x64 Insider Preview/W7 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Night Hawk View Post
When going to download the initial file that itself is a webinstaller allowing you to select the options you want like messenger, Live Mail, I think even the Live Mesh may be an option, and a few other things. Mostly all this is still 32bit in order to universal with XP and Vista as well as for 7.
Won't work on XP. This ver is for Vista and Win 7 only.

Jim
Thanks to Airbot we all know that now! Review the link he posted for a few other things to note.

I suspect as well as what is seen with the IE 9 beta hardware not software rendering as referred to on the page there is all tied together. The old version is simply too old and being left behind!

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SinRival View Post
NO MORE BETA! FINALLY!

I installed the beta and wished I hadn't until a actual release came. The beta went wrong for me.

I am hoping this will fix problems I had with beta, as Windows Live messenger was messed up for me.
No more beta?! The release seen here is the "final beta" since the finished version won't be available until Q1 2011. This is the updated beta before that is seen and went on better then seen with the first when installed on Vista a few months back showing it's coming better so far for general use.

Face Book is another question there. I can imagine there still will be a few more bugs to work out as far as FB and the other options.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Oct 2010   #27
SinRival

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Night Hawk View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Night Hawk View Post
When going to download the initial file that itself is a webinstaller allowing you to select the options you want like messenger, Live Mail, I think even the Live Mesh may be an option, and a few other things. Mostly all this is still 32bit in order to universal with XP and Vista as well as for 7.
Won't work on XP. This ver is for Vista and Win 7 only.

Jim
Thanks to Airbot we all know that now! Review the link he posted for a few other things to note.

I suspect as well as what is seen with the IE 9 beta hardware not software rendering as referred to on the page there is all tied together. The old version is simply too old and being left behind!

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SinRival View Post
NO MORE BETA! FINALLY!

I installed the beta and wished I hadn't until a actual release came. The beta went wrong for me.

I am hoping this will fix problems I had with beta, as Windows Live messenger was messed up for me.
No more beta?! The release seen here is the "final beta" since the finished version won't be available until Q1 2011. This is the updated beta before that is seen and went on better then seen with the first when installed on Vista a few months back showing it's coming better so far for general use.

Face Book is another question there. I can imagine there still will be a few more bugs to work out as far as FB and the other options.

It doesn't say Windows Live Messenger Beta

I don't like betas so much.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Oct 2010   #28
Dark Nova Gamer

Windows 7 Ultimate, OS X 10.7, Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SinRival View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Night Hawk View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post

Won't work on XP. This ver is for Vista and Win 7 only.

Jim
Thanks to Airbot we all know that now! Review the link he posted for a few other things to note.

I suspect as well as what is seen with the IE 9 beta hardware not software rendering as referred to on the page there is all tied together. The old version is simply too old and being left behind!

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SinRival View Post
NO MORE BETA! FINALLY!

I installed the beta and wished I hadn't until a actual release came. The beta went wrong for me.

I am hoping this will fix problems I had with beta, as Windows Live messenger was messed up for me.
No more beta?! The release seen here is the "final beta" since the finished version won't be available until Q1 2011. This is the updated beta before that is seen and went on better then seen with the first when installed on Vista a few months back showing it's coming better so far for general use.

Face Book is another question there. I can imagine there still will be a few more bugs to work out as far as FB and the other options.

It doesn't say Windows Live Messenger Beta

I don't like betas so much.
As far as I know this is the final release. Not a pre-release version of any kind.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Oct 2010   #29
s31

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

it's the final version, not beta
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Oct 2010   #30
andsome

 

I did not install parental controls or messenger. Windows Live mail looks different of course, but no problems.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows Live Essentials 2011 available for download now




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Can't install/download Windows Live Essentials 2011
Hello, I'm using Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate edition, and every app I installed is working. But when I go to the Windows Live website, I can't download windows live essentials! When I click on "Download now" browser just keeps loading and loading but nothing happens. Tried with Chrome and IE, and I got...
Software
Windows Live Essentials 2011
BIG BIG change of heart after this OP. I'ts all explained a couple post down from this original. Very unhappy with WLE 2011. :mad:
Software
windows live essentials 2011
i have a notification that windows live essentials 2011 is ready to install on my computer. i do not want alot of the stuff included in it. can i pick what i want? and if not how do i remove it from my notifications? thanks
Software
Windows Live Essentials 2011
I just downloaded and installed Windows Live Essentials 2011. When I tried to watch a movie I have in my media library through my WDLive TV device it would not let me login to network shares. After some investigating I uninstalled Windows Live Essentials 2011 completely and was again able to log...
Software
Windows Live Essentials 2011 available for download now
Do I have to uninstall the previous version before installing the 2011 version?
Software
Windows Live Wave 4 to be named Live Essentials 2011
Source - http://www.neowin.net/news/windows-live-wave-4-to-be-named-windows-live-essentials-2011
News


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:51.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App