Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Microsoft slams OEM crapware

16 Oct 2010   #81
Tepid

Win 7 Ultimate 32bit
 
 

CyberLinkused to be ok,, then like Nero, they bloated themselves for commercial reasons only and not for actual useful reasons. SOMe of the stuff might seem usefull, but mostly are garbage.

The DVD player in PowerDVD was great at one time, no longer

Nero Burning ROM is still good, just don't install all the other garbage.

Yes, Cyberlink is considered Garbageware these days.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
17 Oct 2010   #82
toughbook

 
 

Lenovo has gone downhill in my opinion since IBM DOES NOT control them anymore. My son's T410 keyboard leaves marks all over the screen when you close it. There is so much flex in it that the KB buttons are jamming against the screen. How long is that good for? Much less having to clean off the marks it leaves on it everytime.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Oct 2010   #83
Klaw117

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by toughbook View Post
Lenovo has gone downhill in my opinion since IBM DOES NOT control them anymore. My son's T410 keyboard leaves marks all over the screen when you close it. There is so much flex in it that the KB buttons are jamming against the screen. How long is that good for? Much less having to clean off the marks it leaves on it everytime.
Heh, my dad and I don't trust it because it's a mainland Chinese company. I heard that when Lenovo bought part of IBM, several (or maybe all) IBM and Lenovo computers that were used by the U.S. government had to be replaced because of constant attacks by the Chinese Communists.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

17 Oct 2010   #84
madtownidiot

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Klaw117 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by toughbook View Post
Lenovo has gone downhill in my opinion since IBM DOES NOT control them anymore. My son's T410 keyboard leaves marks all over the screen when you close it. There is so much flex in it that the KB buttons are jamming against the screen. How long is that good for? Much less having to clean off the marks it leaves on it everytime.
Heh, my dad and I don't trust it because it's a mainland Chinese company. I heard that when Lenovo bought part of IBM, several (or maybe all) IBM and Lenovo computers that were used by the U.S. government had to be replaced because of constant attacks by the Chinese Communists.
very interesting point. I haven't had the experience of using a lenovo without first erasing the HDD and reinstalling windows from a clean install disk, so I don't really know what's in their factory software.. but if that's the case, I will not be buying any more lenovos
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Oct 2010   #85
hexaae

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Microsoft should simply force the manufacturers to include ALSO an original Windows Installation DVD.
This would solve all crapware problems and people will be able to choose format C: and make a clean install, and will also be able to repair their corrupt (not booting) OS, when needed....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Oct 2010   #86
HJA

 

I've had several of my friends that have bought a laptop bring it over and we spend time on search and destroy for crapware. It amazes me the BS tey put in computers.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Oct 2010   #87
SledgeDG

Windows 7 Ultimate x86
 
 

Don't forget the positive aspects:
If word spreads that you're the guy to go to for a clean sweepe/install
your popularity level might increase immensely

-DG
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Oct 2010   #88
madtownidiot

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SledgeDG View Post
Don't forget the positive aspects:
If word spreads that you're the guy to go to for a clean sweepe/install
your popularity level might increase immensely

-DG
Do that long enough and you end up making a living from it
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Oct 2010   #89
HJA

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SledgeDG View Post
Don't forget the positive aspects:
If word spreads that you're the guy to go to for a clean sweepe/install
your popularity level might increase immensely

-DG
Yeah but it takes soooooo looooong.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Oct 2010   #90
JMH

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit. SP1.
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by HJA View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SledgeDG View Post
Don't forget the positive aspects:
If word spreads that you're the guy to go to for a clean sweepe/install
your popularity level might increase immensely

-DG
Yeah but it takes soooooo looooong.

Practise will make you [almost] perfect.. & faster [removing the rubbish....]
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Microsoft slams OEM crapware




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Microsoft to remove crapware from OEM machines for $99
Microsoft to charge customers $99 to remove OEM 'crapware' Microsoft to charge customers $99 to remove OEM 'crapware' | ZDNet I have no comments - except I will neither support Microsoft nor the OEMs on this issue..:)
News
Can Microsoft cure PC makers of the crapware habit?
More...
News
Jobs slams Adobe Flash as unfit for iPhone
Steve Jobs slams Adobe Flash as unfit for iPhone - Tech and gadgets- msnbc.com
Chillout Room
Microsoft selling crapware-free PCs in its stores
More at: Microsoft selling crapware-free PCs in its stores - Ars Technica
News


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:46.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App