Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: ‘Super’ WiFi and Cell Service over airwaves

19 Oct 2010   #11
Lordbob75

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Mint 9
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by CarlTR6 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lordbob75 View Post
‘Super’ WiFi and Cell Service over airwaves

Quote:
Ever been stuck in a classroom with no cell service? How about trying to find Wi-Fi on a road trip or hotel? There is a light at the end of the tunnel — a really bright light. The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) recently approved the use of free airwaves for public use. What does that mean you may ask? It means that wireless Internet and cell service can now be broadcast over slightly lower frequencies for miles.
The lower frequencies mean longer range and better penetration of materials, such as concrete and metal, according to Digital News Report.
Source: ‘Super’ WiFi and Cell Service over airwaves | Mustang Daily - News for Cal Poly San Luis Obispo

Pretty damned cool technology.

~Lordbob
This is really great news. Thanks for the post. You did a nice job of writing.
Thanks Carl.

~Lordbob


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
25 Oct 2010   #12
chev65

Windows 7 Ult, Windows 8.1 Pro,
 
 

I've been reading about this for months now, it's called "White Space" in case anyone was wondering what the slang terminology was for this. If anyone wants to learn more about it google "white space networking". :)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Oct 2010   #13
Lordbob75

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Mint 9
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
I've been reading about this for months now, it's called "White Space" in case anyone was wondering what the slang terminology was for this. If anyone wants to learn more about it google white space.
Dang, forgot about that. Would have helped in research...

Anyways, yes. Thanks Chev.

~Lordbob
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

25 Oct 2010   #14
chev65

Windows 7 Ult, Windows 8.1 Pro,
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lordbob75 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
I've been reading about this for months now, it's called "White Space" in case anyone was wondering what the slang terminology was for this. If anyone wants to learn more about it google white space.
Dang, forgot about that. Would have helped in research...

Anyways, yes. Thanks Chev.

~Lordbob
Nice write up Lordbob, interesting technology is on it's way.

It's supposed to take a couple more years to work out the details not to mention new networking hardware will be required.

There is a PDF with specs and information about white space at the top of this google search page. Lots of info about this down the page.
white space - Google Search
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Oct 2010   #15
Lordbob75

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Mint 9
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lordbob75 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
I've been reading about this for months now, it's called "White Space" in case anyone was wondering what the slang terminology was for this. If anyone wants to learn more about it google white space.
Dang, forgot about that. Would have helped in research...

Anyways, yes. Thanks Chev.

~Lordbob
Nice write up Lordbob, interesting technology is on it's way.

It's supposed to take a couple more years to work out the details not to mention new networking hardware will be required.

There is a PDF with specs and information about white space at the top of this google search page. Lots of info about this down the page.
white space - Google Search
Thanks Chev. Indeed it is...

~Lordbob
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 ‘Super’ WiFi and Cell Service over airwaves




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Having problem setting cell height to fit text in cell
Very limited experience with Excel...have a multi page workbook but can't figure out how to auto format existing text to fit in cells so there is no space either on top or bottom of the cell. Only way I can get this so far is to manually move the bottom line of the text box up to the bottom of...
Microsoft Office
Can I compare 2 Excel spreadsheets cell by cell?
I have an Excel 2010 workbook comprising a simple organization membership list, consisting of names, addresses, etc., for nearly 2,000 members, grouped into 5 chapters' sheets, in a single Excel 2010 file. Every time I sit down to enter updates for any member, or add new members, etc., I always ...
Microsoft Office
6 Cell Vs 9 Cell Battery for Laptop?
Someone needs to get a new battery for a very old laptop they have. The battery doesn't work so they have to have it plugged all the time otherwise it wouldn't work. Laptop is 15.6 and sort of heavy but the thing is they never take the laptop outside the house. It will mainly be used on one floor...
Hardware & Devices
Free Cell phone service?
I just saw this and wonder if anyone has used it? I have a dumb phone and have never used a smart phone, but thought this might be a way to start. Sorry if this is in the wrong forum - closest I could find. If You Want Free Cellphone Service, It
Chillout Room


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:03.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App