Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: The Active Geek - Inaugural Edition

26 Nov 2010   #41
johnwillyums

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Yeah. Looks great and a good read. Congratulations to all involved.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
26 Nov 2010   #42
dobhar

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Hey congrats to the winners!!!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Nov 2010   #43
Corrine

Windows 7 & Windows Vista Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tews View Post
Ill have to figure out a giveaway plan, as I don't use these type of programs...
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by The Howling Wolves View Post
I won too!
Attachment 117851

I wish I could donate my gift and jump start the Holiday Season of Giving on a positive note!
I had extra software that I won a couple of years ago that I donated to a local school for the deaf to include in a fun-raiser or as a prize for students. Perhaps there is a school, church, library, convalescent home, children's center, or some type of local group in your area that would benefit.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

27 Nov 2010   #44
The Howling Wolves

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Corrine View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tews View Post
Ill have to figure out a giveaway plan, as I don't use these type of programs...
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by The Howling Wolves View Post
I won too!
Attachment 117851

I wish I could donate my gift and jump start the Holiday Season of Giving on a positive note!
I had extra software that I won a couple of years ago that I donated to a local school for the deaf to include in a fun-raiser or as a prize for students. Perhaps there is a school, church, library, convalescent home, children's center, or some type of local group in your area that would benefit.
Corrine,
If I understand this correctly, I will be e-mailed the Key to download this software.
How would you suggest I present this to one of the places that you mentioned above?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Nov 2010   #45
Dinesh

Windows® 8 Pro (64-bit)
 
 

I won the Vipre Antivirus Premium Subscription.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Nov 2010   #46
echrada

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Congrats all, and especially Dinesh!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Nov 2010   #47
Dinesh

Windows® 8 Pro (64-bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by echrada View Post
Congrats all, and especially Dinesh!
Thanks Leslie.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Nov 2010   #48
Joan Archer

Windows 10 64bit/Windows 10 64bit
 
 

Very well done to all the winners.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Nov 2010   #49
Corrine

Windows 7 & Windows Vista Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by The Howling Wolves View Post
Corrine,
If I understand this correctly, I will be e-mailed the Key to download this software.
How would you suggest I present this to one of the places that you mentioned above?
If you have a place in mind, you may want to start with a telephone call to introduce yourself if you do not know anyone at the facility. Explain you received the software as a prize and would like to donate it to them if they could use it for their own purposes or as part of a fund-raiser, etc. (You may have to explain the purpose of the software.) If they agree to accept the gift, ask their preference for receiving the key and download site -- e-mail or snail mail. (Be sure to keep a record of the donation for income tax purposes. After all, your prize has a $69.95 value.)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Nov 2010   #50
Barman58

Windows 10 Pro x64 x2 Windows 10 Enterprise x64, Ubuntu
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by The Howling Wolves View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Corrine View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tews View Post
Ill have to figure out a giveaway plan, as I don't use these type of programs...
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by The Howling Wolves View Post
I won too!
Attachment 117851

I wish I could donate my gift and jump start the Holiday Season of Giving on a positive note!
I had extra software that I won a couple of years ago that I donated to a local school for the deaf to include in a fun-raiser or as a prize for students. Perhaps there is a school, church, library, convalescent home, children's center, or some type of local group in your area that would benefit.
Corrine,
If I understand this correctly, I will be e-mailed the Key to download this software.
How would you suggest I present this to one of the places that you mentioned above?
Den,

If you download the software and create a disk with a nice label and a certificate with the key you could make a quite presentable "prize" for any fund raiser, but as Corrine says talk to the potential recipient first, most charities are desperate for any help with resources

By the way, I commend you for your altruistic thoughts on this, many would not think of others but just store the unused software away.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 The Active Geek - Inaugural Edition




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Make an Active drive non-active
I had an external HDD put in as an external HDD, but for some reason it is marked as active (when connected with my normal HDDs windows will not boot), can I make it inactive WITHOUT loosing all the data (It has only my movie collection ripped from DVD on it) nothing else. I only found out the...
Hardware & Devices
How-to Geek
Well, one of our useful resources has gone the way of Fackbook and other social media sites. HTG is now a chat and bullshit site. I guess it's about the money, as social sites get more users, but it's very difficult to get technical help on the new site, and all the archives are unavailable. ...
Chillout Room
You know, there is such a thing as being too much of a geek...
Recently, I have been playing Minecraft. For those of you who don't know, Minecraft is... well the best way to describe it is Lego meets Resident Evil. Basically, you are dumped in an infinite world, you gather resources and you build, well whatever you want. With enough time and effort,...
Chillout Room


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:31.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App