Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows 7 SP1 RC released

28 Oct 2010   #71
Luckystar

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 RTM + SP1
 
 

As my update, all seems fine.

Seems that bug (POST #41) has not appeared for me.

Only 62mb to download.

Lucky

EDIT: Forgot, i had a couple of other updates downloading, hence the 62mb.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
28 Oct 2010   #72
Night Hawk

W7 Ultimate x64/W10 Pro x64 dual boot main build-remote pc W10 Pro x64 Insider Preview/W7 Pro x64
 
 

Post #41 is not about any bug but the readiness tool KB947821. That insures everything is ready by downloading some other updates.


Attached Images
Windows 7 SP1 RC released-w7-sp1-rc-readiness-tool.jpg 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Oct 2010   #73
Alphamale

Windows 7 U/64
 
 

Watermark remover works great.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

29 Oct 2010   #74
Luckystar

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 RTM + SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Night Hawk View Post
Post #41 is not about any bug but the readiness tool KB947821. That insures everything is ready by downloading some other updates.
Ah yeah, forgot that one too. Damn goldfish memory.

Any way on another note, i just noticed something.

As i reinstalled windows a while ago, i did'nt really bother putting the key in (And yes i am fully legit thanks). i knew i was coming up to the end of the 28 days so i just checked to see how long was left and since installing SP1, it seems to have reset it self.

????? Confuzelled as hell, anyone care to shed light since this was meant to be mainly updates??????

Thanks

Lucky
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Oct 2010   #75
Night Hawk

W7 Ultimate x64/W10 Pro x64 dual boot main build-remote pc W10 Pro x64 Insider Preview/W7 Pro x64
 
 

The installtion of the service pack evidently rearmed the trial period for you. That should be good for another 28 less one days now since you added the SP1 RC on. It's still a service pack not just a rollup of updates that upgrades or enables support for new things.

If you are not planning to activate right away, https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...-120-days.html
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Oct 2010   #76
Luckystar

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 RTM + SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Night Hawk View Post
The installtion of the service pack evidently rearmed the trial period for you. That should be good for another 28 less one days now since you added the SP1 RC on. It's still a service pack not just a rollup of updates that upgrades or enables support for new things.

If you are not planning to activate right away, https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...-120-days.html

Oh thanks, did'nt realise that.

Nah, i will activate, once i can be bothered to pull out the pc to look at the back to find the code. lol.

Lucky
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Oct 2010   #77
SevenNerd

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

How come SP1 is not showing up in my regular windows updates if its now official?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Oct 2010   #78
Luckystar

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 RTM + SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SevenNerd View Post
How come SP1 is not showing up in my regular windows updates if its now official?
First, its not official, its only an evalution version.

Second, because of that, you will need to sign up for it by installing the sign up tool (the only thing you will need to download and install to download the Service pack through win update) -

You'll need to go here to get it.

Download details: Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 Release Candidate (KB976932)

Download the 'WUSignUpTool_x64.exe'

(You will need to do a windows genuine check)

Download and install.

Then go to your Windows update and it will be there waiting!!

Lucky
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Oct 2010   #79
SevenNerd

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Luckystar View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SevenNerd View Post
How come SP1 is not showing up in my regular windows updates if its now official?
First, its not official, its only an evalution version.

Second, because of that, you will need to sign up for it by installing the sign up tool (the only thing you will need to download and install to download the Service pack through win update) -

You'll need to go here to get it.

Download details: Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 Release Candidate (KB976932)

Download the 'WUSignUpTool_x64.exe'

(You will need to do a windows genuine check)

Download and install.

Then go to your Windows update and it will be there waiting!!

Lucky
Well in that case I will be waiting for the final version, thanks for the clarification..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Oct 2010   #80
Night Hawk

W7 Ultimate x64/W10 Pro x64 dual boot main build-remote pc W10 Pro x64 Insider Preview/W7 Pro x64
 
 

I had already downloaded it directly in both forms(iso image for both 32/64bit, stand alone installer) and just now found it listed in the updates after several days. That seems a bit slow.


Attached Thumbnails
Windows 7 SP1 RC released-w7-sp1-rc-windows-updates.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows 7 SP1 RC released




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Who's switching to Windows 8 when its released?
I think I'm going to go ahead and stay with Windows 7 unless windows 8 has something amazing that will convince me to upgrade. Sent from my HTC Wildfire S using Tapatalk
Chillout Room
Windows 7 Manager v1.2.1 released
I have using a licensed copy of Windows 7 manager 1.1.7 after reading from the compatible 64 bit software thread. Accidentally I discovered they have introduced this new version.As my habit of checking new softwares,just installed it yesterday to find out "whats new?":party: Just in Brief,I...
Software
Windows 7 90-Day Eval VHD released!
Download: Microsoft Windows 7 90-Day Eval VHD
News
When does Windows Seven will be released?
Hi to my fellow Windows friends. Now I'm really confused what year windows seven will come out :cry:. Well lets get to the real reason I'm posting right now on the general forums, I've got no clue to were I should post this thread or even how to find my question to ponder my thoughts. An their is...
General Discussion
Windows 7 has been released to manufacturing...
... got the MSDN Flash 5 minutes ago with this message. Screenshoot: http://666kb.com/i/bau0qd7hkqliwshhh.jpg
General Discussion
Windows 7 Released with NO IE!!
Just come across this... Microsoft to ship Windows 7 without Internet Explorer - Telegraph Now will someone tell me how people are going to download a browser to use if they have no access to web pages in the first place?? Or am I missing something here? This wouldn't affect me as I have...
Browsers & Mail


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:44.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App