Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Limewire Shut Down

28 Oct 2010   #111
severedsolo

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Barman58 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Corrine View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tews View Post

KimJong wrapped up the negotiations earlier today with a generous royalty contract!!
Excuse me, folks, but as the topic starter, I have not signed a release yet. After the SevenForums cut for hosting expenses, I expect a generous percentage, else there will be a registered C&D (cease & desist) letter from my copyright attorney.
Corrine,

As Thread starter and in keeping with the norm for the industry, coupled with our generous nature I have negotiated a special rate of payment for you of 0.243% before taxes
But of course, as the Thread Starter, Corrine has ownership of the thread for Life + 7 Years, whether or not she can be traced, or is willing to give up the rights or not.... but this isn't the time to get into my views on copyright law

Frankly, im not sad to see Limewire go, its a big old bucket of viruses anyway. Im just getting a little sick of this whole "we are the music/film industry and we will control the internet one day soon" thing that seems to be going on.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
28 Oct 2010   #112
Skulblaka

Windows 8 Professional 64-bit
 
 

Meh, there's still more and better places where people can share.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Oct 2010   #113
nailgunner

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by severedsolo View Post
Im just getting a little sick of this whole "we are the music/film industry and we will control the internet one day soon" thing that seems to be going on.
It's not a matter of them trying to control the internet. They are only trying to control what happens with their legal property. This is no different than people thinking they don't need to pay for Windows 7 because Bill is already rich enough. And there are plenty of people who think that way.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

28 Oct 2010   #114
Grimmjow

Windows 7 Ultimate x32
 
 

Ok guys, let's make an experiment, everyone that shared movie/song with a friend please raise your hands (be honest) Ask your friends with how many people they shared the file/s...Now, how is that right, but doing the same thing through torrent not? Yes, the first method isn't fast as the second, but anyway, isn't it illegal?
I found this pic just now, it has kind of interesting point, it's about drm locked media
Limewire Shut Down-steal_this_comic.gif

Quote:
...Microsoft eventually added three years of support for customers who purchased downloads from its MSN Music store, who complained that their songs would no longer be available if they ever had to reauthorize them on another computer...
EFF Says Yahoo Should Replace Users' DRM-Locked Music | Digital Media Wire

Quote:
Apple will tell you that it needs its DRM lock-in to preserve the iPad's "elegance." But if somewhere in the iPad's system settings there was a button that said, "I am a grownup and would like to choose for myself which apps I run," and clicking on that button would allow you to buy e-books from competing stores, where exactly is the reduction in elegance there?
Protect your copyrights, boycott DRM-locked platforms - Boing Boing
Someone's playing dirty


My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Oct 2010   #115
nailgunner

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Grimmjow View Post
Ok guys, let's make an experiment, everyone that shared movie/song with a friend please raise your hands (be honest) Ask your friends with how many people they shared the file/s...Now, how is that right, but doing the same thing through torrent not? Yes, the first method isn't fast as the second, but anyway, isn't it illegal?
Who said it wasn't illegal? Just because someone breaks the law and doesn't get prosecuted doesn't mean that someone who finds a better way to break the law faster and with more people is off the hook. Come on.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Oct 2010   #116
Grimmjow

Windows 7 Ultimate x32
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by nailgunner View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Grimmjow View Post
Ok guys, let's make an experiment, everyone that shared movie/song with a friend please raise your hands (be honest) Ask your friends with how many people they shared the file/s...Now, how is that right, but doing the same thing through torrent not? Yes, the first method isn't fast as the second, but anyway, isn't it illegal?
You said it wasn't illegal? Just because someone breaks the law and doesn't get prosecuted doesn't mean that someone who finds a better way to break the law faster and with more people is off the hook. Come on.
No, I meant it's illegal, but people still share their media with their friends and family and they are taking that for granted. Its same as putting the file on torrent or some site like megaupload. Did you ever in your life shared music/movie file with someone?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Oct 2010   #117
nailgunner

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Grimmjow View Post
No, I meant it's illegal, but people still share their media with their friends and family and they are taking that for granted. Its same as putting the file on torrent or some site like megaupload. Did you ever in your life shared music/movie file with someone?
Yea, I'm going to have to take back my earlier statement about being able to follow a thread, seems pretty obvious I'm having some difficulty since it seems pretty clear that's what you meant.

Actually, I'm just trying to do my part in getting this to the 25 page level.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Oct 2010   #118
Corrine

Windows 7 & Windows Vista Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by nailgunner View Post
Actually, I'm just trying to do my part in getting this to the 25 page level.
Keep it going. With 2,545 views of this thread, at a declared rate of .243% I'm up to a whopping 5.48 (before taxes) if the going rate is 1/view.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Oct 2010   #119
Grimmjow

Windows 7 Ultimate x32
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by nailgunner View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Grimmjow View Post
No, I meant it's illegal, but people still share their media with their friends and family and they are taking that for granted. Its same as putting the file on torrent or some site like megaupload. Did you ever in your life shared music/movie file with someone?
Yea, I'm going to have to take back my earlier statement about being able to follow a thread, seems pretty obvious I'm having some difficulty since it seems pretty clear that's what you meant.

Actually, I'm just trying to do my part in getting this to the 25 page level.
I think we have small language barrier here. My English is far from being perfect.
Limewire Shut Down-tzun197l.jpg


My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Oct 2010   #120
nailgunner

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Grimmjow View Post

I think we have small language barrier here. My English is far from being perfect.
Nothing wrong with your English. I think it's in my brain cells. Too many rum & cokes over the years. HEY, kinda keeps with the pirate thingy, if you eliminate the coke.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 Limewire Shut Down




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD - Occurs during Shut Down Process. Shut Down hangs then crashes
Hey there, Lenovo E440 that ran excellent until recently. About a week or two ago I got an error message about a power surge on a USB port. Didn't really seem to effect much so I moved on. Lately, when shutting down, it hangs for a few minutes... just sitting at the final "Shutting Down"...
BSOD Help and Support
Screen shut-off requires hard shut down
I work on my Gateway while sitting on the couch. I surf the Internet and then watch TV. I surf a little more, and then I watch more TV. Some nights, when I slide the computer near me because I've shifted in my seat, the screen will go black and I have to push the On/Off switch until the computer...
General Discussion
Windows 7 not connecting to Skype or Limewire
I currently have a HP G60 with Windows 7 preinstalled from the factory. I'm able to connect to my social networks like Facebook and MySpace, but I can't connect to Skype or Limewire. I've created exceptions for both programs in the fireewall and it still didn't help and then I "turned off" the...
Network & Sharing
Limewire
When I downloaded windows 7, limewire stopped working, I disabled the firewall and ran in compatiblty mode, any suggestions?
Network & Sharing
limewire
hi iam trying to find out if limewire runs ok on windows 7 as there was problems when vista was first out thank you
Software
Limewire
does anyone know if lime wire is compatiable with windows 7 or does it have compatabiltiy issues?:confused:
Software


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:32.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App