Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Limewire Shut Down

28 Oct 2010   #81
noobvious

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 (desktop)
 
 

Has this thread become officially epic yet?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
28 Oct 2010   #82
Solarstarshines

Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

on it's way if not there already

Nice avatar too but thats on another post ha
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Oct 2010   #83
nailgunner

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Corrine View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kylehimself View Post

So lets say Bob buys himself a nice new CD dividing his hard earned £10 into revenue for the artist, the record label and the store. He rips that bad boy on to his computer and makes a torrent for all to download. Lending it to his internet friends if you will. Oh dear, what a terrible person Bob is, all those people downloading those music tracks aren't allowing the artist, the record label and the store to make the money they so deserve. Shame on Bob!
Whether it is music or software, piracy or "sharing" results in higher prices to each of us.
In my opinion it has nothing to do with whether it keeps prices inflated or not. It's wrong.

So, yes shame on Bob. You can sugarcoat it and rationalize it away all you want. But Bob knows it's no different than if he went into a record store (if you can still find one) and shoplifted it. How much anyone makes off the product is totally irrelevant and nothing short of class envy. "In my opinion, they are making WAY too much money on THEIR stuff, so I'm going to steal from them. No wait, they DESERVE to have me steal from them". How ridiculous and absurd.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

28 Oct 2010   #84
OneSerious

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by nailgunner View Post
In my opinion it has nothing to do with whether it keeps prices inflated or not. It's wrong.

So, yes shame on Bob. You can sugarcoat it and rationalize it away all you want. But Bob knows it's no different than if he went into a record store (if you can still find one) and shoplifted it. How much anyone makes off the product is totally irrelevant and nothing short of class envy. "In my opinion, they are making WAY too much money on THEIR stuff, so I'm going to steal from them. No wait, they DESERVE to have me steal from them". How ridiculous and absurd.
But... If anything I'm not the one sugar coating it or trying to rationalize? I know what file sharing is, I am under no illusion. It's other people on here who say that they have a problem with it, but see no issue with handing out their media to friends left, right and centre. We can pretend too like another poster did that when between friends, there is only one copy in circulation that it's not causing any harm. When we know in reality, when one friend lends another a CD for example it's a dead cert that it will end up ripped on their PC or copied for the car or something.

My point, which people seem only to happy to ignore every time I post it, is that these people break the very law they say they feel so strongly about and are also doing artists out of money. But when asked why? They seem to think that to them, morally, lending an item isn't a problem. Unfortunately according to the copy right law they love so much... It is.

So you see, it is these people who sugar coat because they want it both ways. I'm just playing devils advocate and asking, how's that work?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Oct 2010   #85
nailgunner

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kylehimself View Post

So you see, it is these people who sugar coat because they want it both ways. I'm just playing devils advocate and asking, how's that work?
So you see, I was continuing the devils advocacy. Or did I preface my comment with "Kyle you jerk"? Some of us are able to follow a thread, no need to get defensive when someone agrees with you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Oct 2010   #86
z3r010

 

Lets keep it friendly!!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Oct 2010   #87
Solarstarshines

Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kylehimself View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by nailgunner View Post
In my opinion it has nothing to do with whether it keeps prices inflated or not. It's wrong.

So, yes shame on Bob. You can sugarcoat it and rationalize it away all you want. But Bob knows it's no different than if he went into a record store (if you can still find one) and shoplifted it. How much anyone makes off the product is totally irrelevant and nothing short of class envy. "In my opinion, they are making WAY too much money on THEIR stuff, so I'm going to steal from them. No wait, they DESERVE to have me steal from them". How ridiculous and absurd.
But... If anything I'm not the one sugar coating it or trying to rationalize? I know what file sharing is, I am under no illusion. It's other people on here who say that they have a problem with it, but see no issue with handing out their media to friends left, right and centre. We can pretend too like another poster did that when between friends, there is only one copy in circulation that it's not causing any harm. When we know in reality, when one friend lends another a CD for example it's a dead cert that it will end up ripped on their PC or copied for the car or something.

My point, which people seem only to happy to ignore every time I post it, is that these people break the very law they say they feel so strongly about and are also doing artists out of money. But when asked why? They seem to think that to them, morally, lending an item isn't a problem. Unfortunately according to the copy right law they love so much... It is.

So you see, it is these people who sugar coat because they want it both ways. I'm just playing devils advocate and asking, how's that work?

well i feel all of you're posters pains but im tottaly legit pretty much no pirated windows or nothing i buy all my games music content or what ever and alot of what i listened too was ripped from my very own to a player so i can honestly say shame on bob but you know bob doesnt care anyway bob is beyond morals

in my case i figure if i can support my familly have a job keep a car pay bills etc why not use my extra to buy what i enjoy computer stuff not everything is ridiculosly high it goes by user needs Im not a program junkie or someone who has to use the latest software im perfectly fine using it for how ever long it takes till im ready for a new version

and I refuse to pirate games because when you download and install there is always something missing or not working right i been down that alley before and pretty much said the hell with all that being legit is more satsfying then anything else because you have a hard copy if you do hardcopy vs digital and have a reciept in case some bs happens to happen

Im sure there is someone out there selling new hardware stolen from the test center who knows i don't limit people from anything anymore
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Oct 2010   #88
Solarstarshines

Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

wow didnt catch that be friendly i know some of us have alot of points and view thiere just opinions and not to be taken to heart we all have a common purpose here and would be very sad to see someone lose privledges over anger spouts please keep it nice

We remind all members new and old that were here to fix issues or have discusions on wordly issues leave the anger at the door
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Oct 2010   #89
nailgunner

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by z3r010 View Post
Lets keep it friendly!!!

Sorry boss. No intent to get the admin involved in this.

To make sure there is no misunderstanding, I wasn't calling him a jerk. Was saying that if I disagreed with him, there would have been an overt comment directed in his direction. Will promise to be more careful.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Oct 2010   #90
Solarstarshines

Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by nailgunner View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by z3r010 View Post
Lets keep it friendly!!!

Sorry boss. No intent to get the admin involved in this.

To make sure there is no misunderstanding, I wasn't calling him a jerk. Was saying that if I disagreed with him, there would have been an overt comment directed in his direction. Will promise to be more careful.

Thanks for stepping up
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 Limewire Shut Down




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD - Occurs during Shut Down Process. Shut Down hangs then crashes
Hey there, Lenovo E440 that ran excellent until recently. About a week or two ago I got an error message about a power surge on a USB port. Didn't really seem to effect much so I moved on. Lately, when shutting down, it hangs for a few minutes... just sitting at the final "Shutting Down"...
BSOD Help and Support
Screen shut-off requires hard shut down
I work on my Gateway while sitting on the couch. I surf the Internet and then watch TV. I surf a little more, and then I watch more TV. Some nights, when I slide the computer near me because I've shifted in my seat, the screen will go black and I have to push the On/Off switch until the computer...
General Discussion
Windows 7 not connecting to Skype or Limewire
I currently have a HP G60 with Windows 7 preinstalled from the factory. I'm able to connect to my social networks like Facebook and MySpace, but I can't connect to Skype or Limewire. I've created exceptions for both programs in the fireewall and it still didn't help and then I "turned off" the...
Network & Sharing
Limewire
When I downloaded windows 7, limewire stopped working, I disabled the firewall and ran in compatiblty mode, any suggestions?
Network & Sharing
limewire
hi iam trying to find out if limewire runs ok on windows 7 as there was problems when vista was first out thank you
Software
Limewire
does anyone know if lime wire is compatiable with windows 7 or does it have compatabiltiy issues?:confused:
Software


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:00.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App