Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows 7 SP1 Close to RTM, Build 7601.17514.101119-1850 Signed Off

31 Dec 2010   #31
logicearth

Windows 10 Pro (x64)
 
 

Windows Activation Technologies (KB971033) is not part of the Service Pack. Now KB2286198 is a security update and is part of the Service Pack as it should be. KB2286198 patches MS10-046 which is a critical vulnerability.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
31 Dec 2010   #32
jp07764

Windows 7 64-bit
 
 

The thing I do not understand is that after the
service pack is there will be updates the fix what it broke.
They are always putting out updates to fix the updates.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Dec 2010   #33
thefabe

Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit / XP Home sp3
 
 

Thanks for the update Jan.
Fabe
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

31 Dec 2010   #34
NoN

Windows 7 Professional SP1 - x64 [Non-UEFI Boot]
 
 

Yeah, will wait for SP1...and will grab it out of the WU and make a free install.

I'm not afraid of WAT since i have it since the beginning...i'd set to manual in services.msc and about every 3 months (as MS said) it been checked on my back whenever they might thought i'm cracked. I'm still here!!!!

Happy new year 2011!


Attached Images
Windows 7 SP1 Close to RTM, Build 7601.17514.101119-1850 Signed Off-2cz80lj.gif 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Dec 2010   #35
blackzero

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Happy new year all, and Microsoft, hope you can gift us with the SP1 quicker. xD
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Dec 2010   #36
jfar

Vista Ult64, Win7600
 
 

Has anybody installed this, and if so, is there anything we should know.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jan 2011   #37
NoN

Windows 7 Professional SP1 - x64 [Non-UEFI Boot]
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jfar View Post
Has anybody installed this, and if so, is there anything we should know.
Hi!
If you're talking about the kb971033 (WAT), i do not see any against not installing it.
Got it and so far don't even notice (might not please some) when it check my system. In services.msc just don't let it run automatic mode or disable it if you want.
It been a lot of discuss about WAT as it had been about WGA in XP...

Well, let say you're someone that like tweaking and modifying (not talking crack/hack manner!) for your own experience Windows 7, you might not want MS checking whenever your system is genuine, but unless you've really change & modified your OS i'll let it be.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jan 2011   #38
jfar

Vista Ult64, Win7600
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NoN View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jfar View Post
Has anybody installed this, and if so, is there anything we should know.
Hi!
If you're talking about the kb971033 (WAT), i do not see any against not installing it.
Got it and so far don't even notice (might not please some) when it check my system. In services.msc just don't let it run automatic mode or disable it if you want.
It been a lot of discuss about WAT as it had been about WGA in XP...

Well, let say you're someone that like tweaking and modifying (not talking crack/hack manner!) for your own experience Windows 7, you might not want MS checking whenever your system is genuine, but unless you've really change & modified your OS i'll let it be.
Sorry, I meant did anybody install the SP1.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jan 2011   #39
sygnus21

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jfar View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NoN View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jfar View Post
Has anybody installed this, and if so, is there anything we should know.
Hi!
If you're talking about the kb971033 (WAT), i do not see any against not installing it.
Got it and so far don't even notice (might not please some) when it check my system. In services.msc just don't let it run automatic mode or disable it if you want.
It been a lot of discuss about WAT as it had been about WGA in XP...

Well, let say you're someone that like tweaking and modifying (not talking crack/hack manner!) for your own experience Windows 7, you might not want MS checking whenever your system is genuine, but unless you've really change & modified your OS i'll let it be.
Sorry, I meant did anybody install the SP1.
LOL - Yeah that's what I thougt you meant

Anyways I'm curious about the same thing.

BTW Welcome back and Happy New Year.

Peace
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jan 2011   #40
SoLoR

Windows 7 SP1 x64 build 7601.21701
 
 

7601.17514.101119-1850 is DEFINATLY final RTM, since offical hotfixes (2 of them) are already released for it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 Windows 7 SP1 Close to RTM, Build 7601.17514.101119-1850 Signed Off




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Windows 7 Build 7601
I have had this computer for years and I turned it on one day and saw this copy of windows is not genuine. Not real sure whats going on. When I go to my system properties under windows activation it says Status Not Available and Product ID: Not Available. As recommended I ran the diagnostic and...
Windows Updates & Activation
windows 7 build 7601
on the bottom right of my screen it says windows 7 build 7601 this copy of windows is not genuine. how did that happen? how do I fix it? gary Diagnostic Report (1.9.0027.0): ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data--> Validation Code: 50
Windows Updates & Activation
Windows 7 build 7601
I purchased this dell laptop over 10 months ago and came with pre installed windows 7 Ultimate(64 bit). I`ve been updating it regularly whenever i saw a new update. but yesterday i installed about 6 update and it asked for restart and since the restart it`s been showing windows not genuine error....
Windows Updates & Activation
Windows 7 Build 7601
I downloaded a bad file, and now on my desktop I'm getting a Windows 7 This Copy is not genuine. I tried placing the activation key but it said it wasn't a valid Key. Heres the MGADiag: Diagnostic Report (1.9.0027.0): ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data--> ...
Windows Updates & Activation
Media Player 12.0.7601.17514 - Unable to create and save playlists
I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium & Windows Media Player 12.0.7601.17514 (Fully Updated). Every time I try to make & save a playlist, it never works - I get the message: "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while creating or saving the playlist." After following the link for trouble...
Software
Windows 7 Build 6.1.7025.0.090120-1850 Screenshots!
Screenshots have been leaked... now to find the file!! http://www.tech-exclusive.com/wp-content/uploads/windows7build70251.png http://www.tech-exclusive.com/wp-content/uploads/windows7build7025desktop.png http://www.tech-exclusive.com/wp-content/uploads/windows7build7025aboutwindow.png ...
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:48.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App