Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Firefox 3.5 RC released

17 Jun 2009   #21
Andysweb

Windows 7 Build 7229 64bit + Vista ultimate 64 bit
 
 

I hope this stops my random stall/crash browser cycle..


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
17 Jun 2009   #22
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Charles Kane View Post
Is there a way to run my stable FF 3.0.11 and the 3.5RC on the same OS (I mean have both installed in Win7)?
Absolulely no problem. Im running 3.0.11 untill all my add ons are supported in 3.5 but 35 is way faster. Just install them in 2 different dir's.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jun 2009   #23
YupYup

Win 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Charles Kane View Post
Is there a way to run my stable FF 3.0.11 and the 3.5RC on the same OS (I mean have both installed in Win7)?
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Absolulely no problem. Im running 3.0.11 untill all my add ons are supported in 3.5 but 35 is way faster. Just install them in 2 different dir's.
Or use this method, but either way i would use a seperate profile.Installing Firefox 3.5b or Minefield while keeping Firefox 3 • mozillaZine Forums
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

17 Jun 2009   #24
Charles Kane

Windows 7 Ultimate, Ubuntu
 
 

Thanks to Zigzag3143 and to YupYup, gonna take the lazy route right now.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jun 2009   #25
Master Chief

Windows 7 Build 7127 (64-bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Charles Kane View Post
Is there a way to run my stable FF 3.0.11 and the 3.5RC on the same OS (I mean have both installed in Win7)?
I'm not sure about that, though I do know that you can install FF (stable/beta/RC) along with Minefield (the nightly trunk builds) as two separate browsers.

Of course Minefield isn't nearly as secure or perfected, but people on a forum using leaked Windows 7 builds aren't looking for perfected software are they?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jun 2009   #26
dmex

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
I'm not sure about that, though I do know that you can install FF (stable/beta/RC) along with Minefield (the nightly trunk builds) as two separate browsers.
You can install as many different versions on your system into different directory's as you like but Firefox will not let you run multiple versions concurrently

Steven
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jun 2009   #27
Charles Kane

Windows 7 Ultimate, Ubuntu
 
 

Just installing it accepting the default options worked just fine (it puts it in a beta folder).
The real problem is with the RC itself. Cant tear off tabs (unless that's because I made TabMixPlus work with it) for a start, and it feels a bit sluggish. But hardly looked at it, certainly its hardly going to set the world on fire.

Pity it doesn't support the Win 7 taskbar features.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jun 2009   #28
dragonslayer

Windowa 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Charles Kane View Post
Pity it doesn't support the Win 7 taskbar features.
it will be good if the new RC include this feature.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jun 2009   #29
p7ast1k

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Charles Kane View Post
Just installing it accepting the default options worked just fine (it puts it in a beta folder).
The real problem is with the RC itself. Cant tear off tabs (unless that's because I made TabMixPlus work with it) for a start, and it feels a bit sluggish. But hardly looked at it, certainly its hardly going to set the world on fire.

Pity it doesn't support the Win 7 taskbar features.
try the dev build of tab mix plus,
Tab Mix Plus Dev-Build 0.3.7.4pre.090516
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jun 2009   #30
YupYup

Win 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dmex View Post
You can install as many different versions on your system into different directory's as you like but Firefox will not let you run multiple versions concurrently

Steven
Sure you can, the details were in the link i gave.
Installing Firefox 3.5b or Minefield while keeping Firefox 3 • mozillaZine Forums


Attached Thumbnails
Firefox 3.5 RC released-dual-fox.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Firefox 3.5 RC released




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Firefox 19.0 released
Firefox 19.0 released Firefox Notes - Desktop
Browsers & Mail
Firefox 6.0 Released
Mozilla Firefox Release Notes
Browsers & Mail
Firefox 3.6.9 Released
September 7, 2010 Mozilla Firefox 3.6.9 is available. Changelog below. If you want to discuss the Firefox 4.0 Beta 5, the thread for that is here: https://www.sevenforums.com/news/109674-firefox-4-0-beta-5-released.html This thread is for the stable 3.6.9 version.
Browsers & Mail
Firefox 3.6.8 Released
July 23, 2010 Firefox 3.6.8 is available. Changelog below. What’s New in Firefox 3.6.8 Firefox 3.6.8 fixes the following issues found in previous versions of Firefox 3.6:
Browsers & Mail
Firefox 3.6.4 Released
June 22, 2010 Mozillas Firefox 3.6.4 final is available. Changelog below. Firefox 3.6.4 provides uninterrupted browsing for Windows and Linux users when there is a crash in the Adobe Flash, Apple Quicktime or Microsoft...
Browsers & Mail


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:01.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App