Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Microsoft confirms Windows 7 SP1 RTM, released to OEMs today

26 Jan 2011   #351
wilywombat

win7
 
 

Downloaded the x86 version from Technet, did the install. On the next boot up the desktop displays Windows 7 Evaluation copy build 7601 in bottom left of screen.....Why when the original Win 7 is genuine and the SP1 was downloaded yesterday from Technet?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
26 Jan 2011   #352
ie9

Windows 7 Ultimate (SP1)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by wilywombat View Post
Downloaded the x86 version from Technet, did the install. On the next boot up the desktop displays Windows 7 Evaluation copy build 7601 in bottom left of screen.....Why when the original Win 7 is genuine and the SP1 was downloaded yesterday from Technet?

The one up on Technet would be the RC (I think, I don't have a sub).

You will have a watermark until they release the RTM.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jan 2011   #353
wilywombat

win7
 
 

Oops, I thought the one on Technet was the RTM!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

26 Jan 2011   #354
ie9

Windows 7 Ultimate (SP1)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by wilywombat View Post
Oops, I thought the one on Technet was the RTM!

Not yet
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Jan 2011   #355
och

Win7 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NoN View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by och View Post
Well, this is where the fails start

Code:
 
2011-01-23 12:02:45, Error CBS Failed. Attempted to uninstall a version of a non-driver component that is not installed, version: 0X600011db04001, component: x86_microsoft-windows-mail-core-dll_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_none_585517a9869db81d, owner: Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.7600.16385.Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-Update [HRESULT = 0x80004005 - E_FAIL]
2011-01-23 12:02:45, Info CBS Failed to mergecomponent [HRESULT = 0x80004005 - E_FAIL]
2011-01-23 12:02:45, Info CBS ComponentAnalyzerUninstallDeployment: Failed on update: Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-Update [HRESULT = 0x80004005 - E_FAIL]
2011-01-23 12:02:45, Info CBS Failed to execute item[0] in Package: Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.7600.16385, Update: Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-Update [HRESULT = 0x80004005 - E_FAIL]
2011-01-23 12:02:45, Info CBS Failed to execute execution update. [HRESULT = 0x80004005 - E_FAIL]
2011-01-23 12:02:45, Info CBS Failed to execute execution package: Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.7600.16385 [HRESULT = 0x80004005 - E_FAIL]
2011-01-23 12:02:45, Info CBS Failed to prepare execution [HRESULT = 0x80004005 - E_FAIL]
2011-01-23 12:02:45, Info CSI 0000000e@2011/1/23:17:02:45.857 CSI Transaction @0x3478aa0 destroyed
2011-01-23 12:02:45, Info CBS Perf: InstallUninstallChain complete.
2011-01-23 12:02:45, Info CBS Failed to execute execution chain. [HRESULT = 0x80004005 - E_FAIL]
2011-01-23 12:02:45, Error CBS Failed to process single phase execution. [HRESULT = 0x80004005 - E_FAIL]
2011-01-23 12:02:45, Info CBS WER: Generating failure report for package: Package_for_KB976932~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.17514, status: 0x80004005, failure source: Execute, start state: Partially Installed, target state: Installed, client id: SP Coordinater Engine
2011-01-23 12:02:45, Info CBS Failed to query DisableWerReporting flag. Assuming not set... [HRESULT = 0x80070002 - ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND]
2011-01-23 12:02:45, Info CBS Failed to add %windir%\winsxs\pending.xml to WER report because it is missing. Continuing without it...
2011-01-23 12:02:45, Info CBS Failed to add %windir%\winsxs\pending.xml.bad to WER report because it is missing. Continuing without it...
2011-01-23 12:02:46, Info CBS Reboot mark refs: 0
2011-01-23 12:02:46, Info CBS SQM: Reporting package change for package: Package_for_KB976932~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.17514, current: Partially Installed, pending: Default, start: Partially Installed, applicable: Installed, target: Installed, limit: Installed, hotpatch status: DisabledBecauseNoHotpatchPackagesInitiated, status: 0x0, failure source: Execute, reboot required: False, client id: SP Coordinater Engine, initiated offline: False, execution sequence: 240, first merged sequence: 240
2011-01-23 12:02:46, Info CBS SQM: Upload requested for report: PackageChangeBegin_Package_for_KB976932~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.17514, session id: 101457923, sample type: Standard
2011-01-23 12:02:46, Info CBS SQM: Ignoring upload request because the sample type is not enabled: Standard
2011-01-23 12:02:46, Info CBS SQM: Reporting package change completion for package: Package_for_KB976932~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.17514, current: Partially Installed, original: Partially Installed, target: Installed, status: 0x80004005, failure source: Execute, failure details: "(null)", client id: SP Coordinater Engine, initiated offline: False, execution sequence: 240, first merged sequence: 240
2011-01-23 12:02:46, Info CBS SQM: execute time performance datapoint is invalid. [HRESULT = 0x80070490 - ERROR_NOT_FOUND]
2011-01-23 12:02:46, Info CBS SQM: Upload requested for report: PackageChangeEnd_Package_for_KB976932~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.17514, session id: 101457924, sample type: Standard
2011-01-23 12:02:46, Info CBS SQM: Ignoring upload request because the sample type is not enabled: Standard
2011-01-23 12:02:46, Info CBS Enabling LKG boot option
2011-01-23 12:02:46, Info CBS Restored system sleep block state: 0x80000000
2011-01-23 12:02:46, Info CBS SPI: Error callback - 0x80004005
2011-01-23 12:02:46, Info CBS Exec: Processing complete. Session: 30128926_2199388262, Package: Package_for_KB976932~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.17514 [HRESULT = 0x80004005 - E_FAIL]
2011-01-23 12:02:46, Error CBS Failed to perform operation. [HRESULT = 0x80004005 - E_FAIL]
2011-01-23 12:02:46, Info CBS Session: 30128926_2199388262 finalized. Reboot required: no [HRESULT = 0x80004005 - E_FAIL]
2011-01-23 12:02:46, Error CBS SPI: (CSPICbsClient::Finalize:737)Failed to finalize session hr=0x80004005
2011-01-23 12:02:46, Error CBS SPI: (CSPICbsClient::ChangeState:519)Failed to finalize CBS session to install package hr=0x80004005
2011-01-23 12:02:46, Error CBS SPI: (CSPCInstallTask::Execute:1010)Failed to install package with identity Package_for_KB976932~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.17514 hr=0x80004005
2011-01-23 12:02:46, Info CBS SPI: Reporting Failed package event
2011-01-23 12:02:46, Error CBS Cannot finalize a session that has been finalized. [HRESULT = 0x800f0842 - CBS_E_SESSION_FINALIZED]
2011-01-23 12:02:46, Info CBS Session: 30128926_2199388262 finalized. Reboot required: no [HRESULT = 0x800f0842 - CBS_E_SESSION_FINALIZED]
2011-01-23 12:02:46, Error CBS SPI: (CSPICbsClient::Finalize:737)Failed to finalize session hr=0x800f0842
2011-01-23 12:03:52, Info CBS SPI: Deleting directory: C:\4553d1fd499fd3b0f554f19c33c4\76f5db96e2ab51ac04d921a6809ecf\4fadc32e49206c7918335c0de4c02dc1. ret=0
2011-01-23 12:03:52, Error CBS SPI: (CSPInstall::Install:1583)Failed executing Install task hr=0x80004005
2011-01-23 12:03:52, Info CBS SPI: Ending SP Installation
2011-01-23 12:03:52, Error CBS SPI: (PerformSPInstallation:833)Failed to install SP using UI hr=0x80004005
2011-01-23 12:03:52, Error CBS SPI: (wmain:1105)Failed to perform SP installation hr=0x80004005
2011-01-23 12:03:52, Info CBS SPI: Reporting Failed event
You've got the same prob as me...:

"2011-01-23 12:02:45, Error CBS Failed. Attempted to uninstall a version of a non-driver component that is not installed, version: 0X600011db04001, component: x86_microsoft-windows-mail-core-dll_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_none_585517a9869db81d, owner: Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.7600.16385.Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-Update [HRESULT = 0x80004005 - E_FAIL]"

This is the C:\WINDOWS\winsxs...x86 package that is the original provided by Windows 7 install (see screenshot).
This msoe.dll had been updated since during 2010 and the version now installed is now patched & different.

I've have tried to replace this original file but the SP1 install failed again with the same code in return.

I believe it might be a bug on x64 based system to correct...hope MS Techs are around to help.
I did apply some registry setting aswell provided in another thread but still fail with same error...
Hi, I was able to get SP1 to install.

Here's what you do. Run regedit and completely delete these two entires:

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SideBySide\Winners\x86_microsoft-windows-mail-core-dll_31bf3856ad364e35_none_67a2bdecbd5f60de]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SideBySide\Winners\x86_microsoft-windows-mail-core-dll_31bf3856ad364e35_none_67a2bdecbd5f60de\6.1]

Reboot and run sfc /scannow

Install SP1
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Jan 2011   #356
marcusj0015

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

SideBySide\Winners\ HAHAHAHA LMAO!


Ah!, Microsoft... you crack me up sometimes!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jan 2011   #357
NoN

Windows 7 Professional SP1 - x64 [Non-UEFI Boot]
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by och View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NoN View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by och View Post
Well, this is where the fails start

Code:
 
2011-01-23 12:02:45, Error CBS Failed. Attempted to uninstall a version of a non-driver component that is not installed, version: 0X600011db04001, component: x86_microsoft-windows-mail-core-dll_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_none_585517a9869db81d, owner: Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.7600.16385.Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-Update [HRESULT = 0x80004005 - E_FAIL]
2011-01-23 12:02:45, Info CBS Failed to mergecomponent [HRESULT = 0x80004005 - E_FAIL]
2011-01-23 12:02:45, Info CBS ComponentAnalyzerUninstallDeployment: Failed on update: Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-Update [HRESULT = 0x80004005 - E_FAIL]
2011-01-23 12:02:45, Info CBS Failed to execute item[0] in Package: Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.7600.16385, Update: Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-Update [HRESULT = 0x80004005 - E_FAIL]
2011-01-23 12:02:45, Info CBS Failed to execute execution update. [HRESULT = 0x80004005 - E_FAIL]
2011-01-23 12:02:45, Info CBS Failed to execute execution package: Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.7600.16385 [HRESULT = 0x80004005 - E_FAIL]
2011-01-23 12:02:45, Info CBS Failed to prepare execution [HRESULT = 0x80004005 - E_FAIL]
2011-01-23 12:02:45, Info CSI 0000000e@2011/1/23:17:02:45.857 CSI Transaction @0x3478aa0 destroyed
2011-01-23 12:02:45, Info CBS Perf: InstallUninstallChain complete.
2011-01-23 12:02:45, Info CBS Failed to execute execution chain. [HRESULT = 0x80004005 - E_FAIL]
2011-01-23 12:02:45, Error CBS Failed to process single phase execution. [HRESULT = 0x80004005 - E_FAIL]
2011-01-23 12:02:45, Info CBS WER: Generating failure report for package: Package_for_KB976932~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.17514, status: 0x80004005, failure source: Execute, start state: Partially Installed, target state: Installed, client id: SP Coordinater Engine
2011-01-23 12:02:45, Info CBS Failed to query DisableWerReporting flag. Assuming not set... [HRESULT = 0x80070002 - ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND]
2011-01-23 12:02:45, Info CBS Failed to add %windir%\winsxs\pending.xml to WER report because it is missing. Continuing without it...
2011-01-23 12:02:45, Info CBS Failed to add %windir%\winsxs\pending.xml.bad to WER report because it is missing. Continuing without it...
2011-01-23 12:02:46, Info CBS Reboot mark refs: 0
2011-01-23 12:02:46, Info CBS SQM: Reporting package change for package: Package_for_KB976932~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.17514, current: Partially Installed, pending: Default, start: Partially Installed, applicable: Installed, target: Installed, limit: Installed, hotpatch status: DisabledBecauseNoHotpatchPackagesInitiated, status: 0x0, failure source: Execute, reboot required: False, client id: SP Coordinater Engine, initiated offline: False, execution sequence: 240, first merged sequence: 240
2011-01-23 12:02:46, Info CBS SQM: Upload requested for report: PackageChangeBegin_Package_for_KB976932~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.17514, session id: 101457923, sample type: Standard
2011-01-23 12:02:46, Info CBS SQM: Ignoring upload request because the sample type is not enabled: Standard
2011-01-23 12:02:46, Info CBS SQM: Reporting package change completion for package: Package_for_KB976932~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.17514, current: Partially Installed, original: Partially Installed, target: Installed, status: 0x80004005, failure source: Execute, failure details: "(null)", client id: SP Coordinater Engine, initiated offline: False, execution sequence: 240, first merged sequence: 240
2011-01-23 12:02:46, Info CBS SQM: execute time performance datapoint is invalid. [HRESULT = 0x80070490 - ERROR_NOT_FOUND]
2011-01-23 12:02:46, Info CBS SQM: Upload requested for report: PackageChangeEnd_Package_for_KB976932~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.17514, session id: 101457924, sample type: Standard
2011-01-23 12:02:46, Info CBS SQM: Ignoring upload request because the sample type is not enabled: Standard
2011-01-23 12:02:46, Info CBS Enabling LKG boot option
2011-01-23 12:02:46, Info CBS Restored system sleep block state: 0x80000000
2011-01-23 12:02:46, Info CBS SPI: Error callback - 0x80004005
2011-01-23 12:02:46, Info CBS Exec: Processing complete. Session: 30128926_2199388262, Package: Package_for_KB976932~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.17514 [HRESULT = 0x80004005 - E_FAIL]
2011-01-23 12:02:46, Error CBS Failed to perform operation. [HRESULT = 0x80004005 - E_FAIL]
2011-01-23 12:02:46, Info CBS Session: 30128926_2199388262 finalized. Reboot required: no [HRESULT = 0x80004005 - E_FAIL]
2011-01-23 12:02:46, Error CBS SPI: (CSPICbsClient::Finalize:737)Failed to finalize session hr=0x80004005
2011-01-23 12:02:46, Error CBS SPI: (CSPICbsClient::ChangeState:519)Failed to finalize CBS session to install package hr=0x80004005
2011-01-23 12:02:46, Error CBS SPI: (CSPCInstallTask::Execute:1010)Failed to install package with identity Package_for_KB976932~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.17514 hr=0x80004005
2011-01-23 12:02:46, Info CBS SPI: Reporting Failed package event
2011-01-23 12:02:46, Error CBS Cannot finalize a session that has been finalized. [HRESULT = 0x800f0842 - CBS_E_SESSION_FINALIZED]
2011-01-23 12:02:46, Info CBS Session: 30128926_2199388262 finalized. Reboot required: no [HRESULT = 0x800f0842 - CBS_E_SESSION_FINALIZED]
2011-01-23 12:02:46, Error CBS SPI: (CSPICbsClient::Finalize:737)Failed to finalize session hr=0x800f0842
2011-01-23 12:03:52, Info CBS SPI: Deleting directory: C:\4553d1fd499fd3b0f554f19c33c4\76f5db96e2ab51ac04d921a6809ecf\4fadc32e49206c7918335c0de4c02dc1. ret=0
2011-01-23 12:03:52, Error CBS SPI: (CSPInstall::Install:1583)Failed executing Install task hr=0x80004005
2011-01-23 12:03:52, Info CBS SPI: Ending SP Installation
2011-01-23 12:03:52, Error CBS SPI: (PerformSPInstallation:833)Failed to install SP using UI hr=0x80004005
2011-01-23 12:03:52, Error CBS SPI: (wmain:1105)Failed to perform SP installation hr=0x80004005
2011-01-23 12:03:52, Info CBS SPI: Reporting Failed event
You've got the same prob as me...:

"2011-01-23 12:02:45, Error CBS Failed. Attempted to uninstall a version of a non-driver component that is not installed, version: 0X600011db04001, component: x86_microsoft-windows-mail-core-dll_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_none_585517a9869db81d, owner: Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.7600.16385.Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-Update [HRESULT = 0x80004005 - E_FAIL]"

This is the C:\WINDOWS\winsxs...x86 package that is the original provided by Windows 7 install (see screenshot).
This msoe.dll had been updated since during 2010 and the version now installed is now patched & different.

I've have tried to replace this original file but the SP1 install failed again with the same code in return.

I believe it might be a bug on x64 based system to correct...hope MS Techs are around to help.
I did apply some registry setting aswell provided in another thread but still fail with same error...
Hi, I was able to get SP1 to install.

Here's what you do. Run regedit and completely delete these two entires:

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SideBySide\Winners\x86_microsoft-windows-mail-core-dll_31bf3856ad364e35_none_67a2bdecbd5f60de]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SideBySide\Winners\x86_microsoft-windows-mail-core-dll_31bf3856ad364e35_none_67a2bdecbd5f60de\6.1]

Reboot and run sfc /scannow

Install SP1
That didn't work....
Cleaned the trick "Reinstate Windows Mail in Windows 7" back to original...But same [HRESULT = 0x80004005 - E_FAIL].

I'm pretty sure the package i have is not corrupted.
i'm afraid of the upcoming Service Pack 1 in Windows Update, hope MS Techs study that strange case.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jan 2011   #358
echrada

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

NoN I have come across exactly the same thing on a laptop running Win7 Ultimate x64 with Windows Mail enabled.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jan 2011   #359
NoN

Windows 7 Professional SP1 - x64 [Non-UEFI Boot]
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by echrada View Post
NoN I have come across exactly the same thing on a laptop running Win7 Ultimate x64 with Windows Mail enabled.
The probs is that i've have putted back the windows mail to windows 7 original config, then Sfc /Scannow (no errors nothing founded)...Etc...

Tried all methods at the moment...with & without..So when even it is back to normal it happen again.

I guess i'll have to try from a clean install now...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jan 2011   #360
echrada

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

That is exactly what I will do, I have made a Win 7 AIO SP1 iso and will do a test run with that.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 Microsoft confirms Windows 7 SP1 RTM, released to OEMs today




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Microsoft pulls last lever, discounts Windows 8 to OEMs to spark sales
Read the full article here: Microsoft pulls last lever, discounts Windows 8 to OEMs to spark sales - Computerworld
News
Microsoft confirms October 25 launch for Windows 8
Read More
News
Microsoft Confirms x64 Windows 7 Aero Vulnerability
Source - Microsoft Confirms x64 Windows 7 Aero Vulnerability - In the Windows Canonical Display Driver - Softpedia
News
OEMs pay Microsoft about $50 for each copy of Windows
Microsoft has revealed that, for a $1000 PC, it has always charged the OEM about $50, or five percent, for Windows. Full Story: OEMs pay Microsoft about $50 for each copy of Windows - Ars Technica
News
OEMs Pick Up Windows 7 RTM Code Today in Redmond
More...
News
Steve Balmer confirms it RTM has been released
what i think is so cool is we have said this for weeks. 7600.16385.090713-1255 is confirmed as the official RTM build, according to Steven Sinofsky "today after all the validation checks were met, we signed off and declared build 7600.16385 as RTM." HEHE i have it installed already..... I knew it...
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:33.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App