Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Intel Discloses Chip Glitch

08 Feb 2011   #111
stve

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote:
ICit2lol : So for a teknocompromised person such as myself using a H67 or P67 board if I am only going to be using one HDD if I use one 6Gbs SATA connection then I should be fine?
Yes should be fine but go with CPU ending with a K, it will be faster than the non k even with out overclocking , the onboard grapics HD 3000 is also a lot faster with the K version. I doubt you will want or need a separate graphics card.
The K version costs a little more around 30
(only the i5 & i7 are available with the the K. the OEM i5 K approx 168.98 with vat. without vat (140.82)
Quote:
It has to be simple for me as in can I use a graphics card on a H67 Y/N , if I use a P67 board can only use the onboard graphics Y/N etc
H67 & P67 have motherboards that support a graphics card & crossfire but it varies depending on the motherboard.
phone the supplier to make sure.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
08 Feb 2011   #112
stve

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

From overclockers site UK posted on 3rd Feb
Quote:
IMPORTANT SANDYBRIDGE UPDATE

For those of you wondering all OcUK's motherboard vendors which includes Asus, MSI, Gigabyte, Intel, Foxconn and Asrock have agreed the following with OcUK:-

All of the above parties have agreed on a immediate solution to the Sandybridge problem.

As there is NO Immediate Danger/Fault and as this fault is likely to affect a small number of boards over time and Replacement Stock will NOT be available until April/May. All the parties above have guaranteed direct swap out of all P67/H67 Boards bought from OcUK should you the end user wish to do so at a later date. The above manufacturers will launch plans after Chinese New Year with instruction on how to register to get your board swapped out for a new B3 revision which will happen in April/May time, no doubt direct with the manufacturer.

Based on this swap out guarantee we have decided to keep all our Sandybridge based mainboards on sale.

The decision to buy and use still lies upon you the end user.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Feb 2011   #113
Phone Man

Windows 8.1 Pro w/Media Center 64bit, Windows 7 HP 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by stve View Post
Quote:
ICit2lol : So for a teknocompromised person such as myself using a H67 or P67 board if I am only going to be using one HDD if I use one 6Gbs SATA connection then I should be fine?
Yes should be fine but go with CPU ending with a K, it will be faster than the non k even with out overclocking , the onboard grapics HD 3000 is also a lot faster with the K version. I doubt you will want or need a separate graphics card.
The K version costs a little more around 30
(only the i5 & i7 are available with the the K. the OEM i5 K approx 168.98 with vat. without vat (140.82)
Quote:
It has to be simple for me as in can I use a graphics card on a H67 Y/N , if I use a P67 board can only use the onboard graphics Y/N etc
H67 & P67 have motherboards that support a graphics card & crossfire but it varies depending on the motherboard.
phone the supplier to make sure.
The P67 does NOT support the onboard graphics. The H67 does support the onboard graphics. You can use a graphics card on either one.

Jim
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

09 Feb 2011   #114
stve

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Intel's fixed chipsets to ship as early as next week
February 7, 2011, 2:56pm PST

Intel's fixed chipsets to ship as early as next week | ZDNet

http://newsroom.intel.com/community/...8152-c1-264281
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Feb 2011   #115
Win7User512

Windows 7 x64 / Same
 
 

I think all this gives me motivation to wait. Either wait for Sandy Bridges' successor or just wait a while for SB. Fortunately I did a build of i7/1366 socket last year, so I'm good for a while.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Feb 2011   #116
pparks1

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Win7User512 View Post
I think all this gives me motivation to wait. Either wait for Sandy Bridges' successor or just wait a while for SB. Fortunately I did a build of i7/1366 socket last year, so I'm good for a while.
Yeah, I did a build on a Intel quad core Q9550/775 socket about 18-20 months ago and don't really feel it's worth upgrading at this point. I would hope that a Core i7 build would still hold it's own.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Feb 2011   #117
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 
Thanks

Thanks to Steve and Phone Man I really do appreciate your patience as another forum I use one gets quite annoying and to be blunt almost bullying remarks when one asks this sort of stuff.

I'll go with the K then (i5) as it is only $50 more out here and although I am not into O/C it does make sense to opt for the extra with the K for the speed.

By the way I found these in an email this am -

Intel Resumes Shipments of Faulty Cougar Point

Intel May Show Ivy Bridge CPUs at Computex

Thought you might be interested and thanks again for the heads up so appreciated.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Feb 2011   #118
Phone Man

Windows 8.1 Pro w/Media Center 64bit, Windows 7 HP 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICit2lol View Post
Thanks to Steve and Phone Man I really do appreciate your patience as another forum I use one gets quite annoying and to be blunt almost bullying remarks when one asks this sort of stuff.

I'll go with the K then (i5) as it is only $50 more out here and although I am not into O/C it does make sense to opt for the extra with the K for the speed.

By the way I found these in an email this am -

Intel Resumes Shipments of Faulty Cougar Point

Intel May Show Ivy Bridge CPUs at Computex

Thought you might be interested and thanks again for the heads up so appreciated.
Glad I could help. I read the article on the new Ivy Bridge and this really stood out.
" Integrated subsystems are also expected to receive improvements with the addition of native support for 1600 MHz DDR3 and PCIe 3.0."

PCIe 3.0 doubles the speed from PCIe 2.0 so things will be looking up in 2012.

Jim
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Feb 2011   #119
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 
Ok Phone man

Hiyya Phone Man jst gald you folks are around as my local forum just did it again to me - redirecting a thread of mine on the tech stuff for SB's that was alos being followed by others in the same boat as me - to a thread that wa already going full of tech savvy people that don't even bother to reply to queries and that REALLY gives me the trots!!

Thank heavens for SevenForums and folks like yourself in here!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Feb 2011   #120
stve

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICit2lol View Post
Thanks to Steve and Phone Man I really do appreciate your patience as another forum I use one gets quite annoying and to be blunt almost bullying remarks when one asks this sort of stuff.

By the way I found these in an email this am -

Intel Resumes Shipments of Faulty Cougar Point

Intel May Show Ivy Bridge CPUs at Computex

Thought you might be interested and thanks again for the heads up so appreciated.
Glad to help ,
& thanks for the Ivy Bridge link its really helped me postpone my main PC build until next year & saved me some money.
I'm still planning A HTPC build when the Intel Sandybridge mobility CPU arrive.

Quote:
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes he who does not ask a question remains a fool forever.
Quote:
He who knows all the answers has not yet been asked all the questions
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Intel Discloses Chip Glitch




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
E6850 3.0ghz intel chip
I was just curious because of my own problem lately and noticing I am by far not alone on the issue it seems to affect multiple motherboards from multiple manufacturers. Anyhow the default multiplier for this chip is supposed to be 9, but it seems a lot of motherboards and systems are...
Hardware & Devices
Intel and a 22nm Chip
Details...
News
Intel's Core i3 chip launch.
Read more - Online retailer jumpstarts Intel's Core i3 chip launch
Hardware & Devices
No Driver for Intel Chip
Hi Guys and galls.. Looks like a bit of an issue with this one, im trialing 7 on an oldish lappy Problem is Intel dont make or support any drivers for their Graphics Chipset 82852/82855 all I have at the moment is VGA.. Tried one driver and just got a BSOD. This is a pretty common...
Drivers
Intel Core i7 chip launches in Tokyo
Irasshaimase! Stores in Tokyo districts such as Akihabara have launched sales of Intel's Core i7 processor, due to be officially rolled out on Monday. Sofmap store in Akihabara is selling boxed Core i7 processors (Credit: Sofmap)The Core i7 represents the vanguard of Intel's new Nehalem...
News


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:05.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App